★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Marcus Bjuhr
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 92.9 MB
  • Version: 2.0.1
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: JezzBall Classic was created to be just like how the original JezzBall was 25 years ago! The graphics, the sound, the scoring, the physics, the tempo... they are all the same as they were in the original. Of course there are improvements as well; for example there's a much higher frame rate and fixed glitches. Plus a lot of bonus stuff, such as new game modes!

Gameplay:

In JezzBall there are a number of Jezz atoms that bounces around. Your task is to build walls that contain them in as small space as possible. When over 75% of the playarea is built upon the current level is completed and you move on to the next where another Jezz atom is added into play.

Press down to place the origin of the wall, move to determine the orientation of the wall and release to actually start building it. The wall is constructed in two directions from the center, if a wall-half is hit by a Jezz atom before it has reached an already existing wall it is destroyed and you lose a life.

Features:

+ The original JezzBall experience! Into the very last detail; if you came looking for the JezzBall you remember you will not be disappointed!

+ Four profiles (one reserved for guests) with their configurations stored separately.

+ 700 beautiful background images (real life photos). Go to the "Graphics" config screen to enable it. Will place a random image into the black walls each level.

+ 8 music tracks of classic MIDI tunes you'll probably remember! All recorded using SoundBlaster 16. You can set up to 24 music audio events if you want to.

+ 60 fully customizable SFX audio events - change which sample(s) to play or change individual volumes. A pool of 300 sounds are available from various old games.

+ Automatic saving of all games in progress. Stop and continue whenever you want to!

+ Local high score lists. In the Hall of Fame your name will last forever and on the three other lists you will see the daily, weekly and monthly high scores.

+ Level records. All your best statistics are saved on each and every level you complete. Profile records are comparable.

+ Smart and very customizable controls. If you have a touchscreen you can play using your fingers.

+ 83 mods that once activated changes how the game is played! Use none or pick one/several at the same time in any order. High scores and level records are stored separately for each combination. Some mods will just change the amount of time/lives you have while other will drastically change gameplay (allow you to use two wallbuilders at the same time for example).

+ 22 preset mod-combinations are provided in addition to the original JezzBall experience to give you variation.

+ 100 rooms that will stimulate your intellect as well as your ability to time your deployments! Can you solve them?

+ There are also missions available to inspire you to break your personal bests. Completing them all is an achievement!

If you enjoyed similar games like Qix, Xonix, Barrack or KBounce you will love JezzBall Classic! It may not be near as well-known as the biggest arcade puzzle games but JezzBall stands its ground as one of the most addicting ones and I promise you will find JezzBall Classic both challenging and enjoyable.

+ Do you wish to try the game before you buy it? There is a lite version available!

+ The game is also available for PC on winterdust.com if you'd like to play with a mouse.

Good luck containing those Jezz atoms!

Booliam's comments:
A version of the old JezzBall game that was released way back in 1992. "JezzBall Classic" is made to be *exactly* like the original game, meaning it's exactly as addicting as the original! It of course also has the same beautiful graphics (with the exception of much higher frame rate, background images and fading effects).

Also included is a lot of optional stuff, like mods that completely changes how you play the game. Right now there are 16 presets (not counting the original non-modded game mode) but if you want to you can combine your own set of mods to create a whole new unique experience!

If you get tired of trying to break your old records in the main game you can try to clear all (at the moment) 90 rooms that each pose a special puzzle challange for you. Many of them may be hard in the beginning but I guarantee they are not impossible since I've cleared all of them myself during testing.

When you manage to complete most of the silver and a few of the gold missions in the main game you are probably ready to take on the hardest of the rooms. But should you become stuck on one room you can always go past it to the next one, there's no need to unlock rooms - they are all available immediately. Also note that they aren't ordered by difficulty either.

It's certain, JezzBall Classic has enough content to keep you busy for days! I hope you'll find it enjoyable!

Out on both iPhone and iPad.

There's also a 'lite' version available:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/jezzball-classic-lite/id466383476

VIDEO BELOW

It's pretty long since there are a lot to show. If you watch it on YouTube there are bookmarks in the description.

A good example bookmark is 00:31 where a pure JezzBall game is being played.
Another good one to mention is 07:48 where the different game modes are being is shown.

Note 1: In-game frame rate is 60 FPS. This is not reflected in the video due to some limitations in the recording software, plus the fact that the video is only 24 FPS. Because of this the atoms may appear to not move smoothly. Please be aware that this is not the case when you actually play the game, in reality the atoms do in fact move smoothly at 60 FPS.

Note 2: The game is mute, it has neither sound effects nor music. That is why "Canon in D Major" is being played in the video.
10-01-2011, 05:20 AM
Here's a few promo codes up for grabs:

6LWRY9KAMWAF - Used
7KKYYR4WPNFX - Used
3KHPK9ML4YXH - Used

Feedback about the game is welcome! Please leave a post letting me know which of the codes you've used.

Last edited by Booliam; 10-02-2011 at 12:35 PM.

10-01-2011, 05:51 AM
6LWRY9KAMWAF
Thanks!!!
10-01-2011, 05:54 AM
took 3KHPK9ML4YXH thankyou
10-01-2011, 02:06 PM
All promo codes taken! This was one of my all time fav games!
10-02-2011, 12:35 PM
I'm glad to see that there were interest for the promo codes. If any of you have a minute I'd appreciate it if you let me know what you thought about the game.
10-04-2011, 02:06 AM
Made and added a video. It turned out somewhat long...
10-04-2011, 11:33 AM
Version 1.7.1 has been released, here's two promo codes to celebrate:

33T64X746MTY
XN7L6MKMT7MJ

As before please let me know which ones you've used.

And as always: Feedback is welcome!
10-04-2011, 12:48 PM
Here's also a fun remake of the Jezz ball style game:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zoned/id437709270?mt=8