★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Follow us on Twitter: Elite_Systems

First Samurai (a game for 8-bit personal / home computers released in the UK in 1992) is one of THE defining games of the early 1990s.

The First Samurai app will be offered as an in-app purchase from within the Elite Collection app. (The in-app will be priced at ฃ0.69/0.79/US$0.99 and it may include one or more other 8-bit games).

The First Samurai app is also available in this stand-alone form. It does not include any other 8-bit games but it does include an infinite lives version.

The First Samurai app is the near-100% original 8-bit game, as written by Mevlut Dinc and others and published by Vivid Images in 1992 and is brought to you - as an officially licenced product - utilizing our Elite Collection technology.

Featuring:
- portrait and landscape play / display modes
- iDaptive (user-definable, game-specific joystick, keypad & canvass) Controls
- (Google: "Tiny URL 22qh8hl") for more info
- auto save, on exiting the game
- authentic 'Spectrum' sound

About Eliteฎ: Elite Systems Ltd was incorporated in England in 1984.

Gabrien's comments:
Loved this one back in the day, but I want the original Amiga version, not this one that was a downgrade for the Spectrum. Still, I'm tempted, and curious what others think.

09-30-2011, 09:48 PM
It says 'near 100% of the original'. I'm not familiar with early Spectrum games. What is the difference?

ıllıllı ȼฅǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
QUANTUM SHEEP • CS54 • ONE MINUTE GAMES • ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS • RAVENOUS GAMES • ORANGE PIXEL • RADIANGAMES • CAVE • LLAMASOFT (RIP) • MADFINGER • PASTA GAMES • TOUCH FOO • KODE80
09-30-2011, 10:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
It says 'near 100% of the original'. I'm not familiar with early Spectrum games. What is the difference?
This game was originally released for the Amiga (16 bit) then later ported to the Spectrum (8 bit.) This is the Spectrum version. One of the best features of the Amiga version was the "orchestral" sound effects which I am almost certain are missing from this version. Obviously the graphical differences are significant too. Still, if the gameplay is intact this would be well worth picking up for a buck.