★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

2013: Infected Wars (Unreal Engine 3)

12-21-2011, 06:55 PM
Looks like a huge level. Awesome I've been waiting for a game like this. When does this game come out? First trailer said fall 2011 so obviously it got pushed back

GAME CENTER: MKplayer1start
12-21-2011, 07:15 PM
A competitor for Desert Zombie!

My Favourite iPhone Games
Plunderland (Best Concept) | Paper Ninja (Best Slash Action) | Pocket God (Best God) | Knight Rush (Best Side-Scroller) | Infinity Blade (Best Graphic) | Angry Bird (Best $ spent) | Cut the Ropes (Best Puzzle)

12-21-2011, 07:20 PM
Awesome video. The parking structure reminded me a bit of one Left4Dead level
Even more excited for this game now.

Follow me on Twitter: @jumpman475
Member of the BETA TESTER ALLIANCE
Need a Writer? I'm your man. Send me a PM.
12-21-2011, 07:41 PM
Cool looking level. Just make sure to have some smooth gameplay and make the character models on par with the environment and this will be a winner for certain!

^easier said than done

I have beta tested 57 games,
Now a reviewer at App Score!,
I do tweet GameCenter: iVaro/OF ID:1Varo
12-21-2011, 09:09 PM
It's a zombie game, but I think it's gameplay will be closer to M.US.E's than DZLS. According to the dev, this has been specifically optimized for A4 devices, so it should run like a champ...Hopefully.

As far as the video...Nice!

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
12-22-2011, 12:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKplayer1start View Post
Looks like a huge level. Awesome I've been waiting for a game like this. When does this game come out? First trailer said fall 2011 so obviously it got pushed back
Yeah we had to push the release date back unfortunately. I have not set a hard release date but we are hoping to have it polished and ready early next year. Our goal is game of the week so we want to make sure we blow away expectations for every single area i.e. environments, gameplay, co-op multiplayer, and creatures.

Rest assured as soon as we have a hard date we will let the community know.

Thanks for your support and if you don't hear from the team before the holiday have a Merry Christmas!

James Petty - President
Http://www.actionmobilegames.com
2013 Facebook
2013 : Infected Wars
12-22-2011, 04:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by General_Jah View Post
Yeah we had to push the release date back unfortunately. I have not set a hard release date but we are hoping to have it polished and ready early next year. Our goal is game of the week so we want to make sure we blow away expectations for every single area i.e. environments, gameplay, co-op multiplayer, and creatures.

Rest assured as soon as we have a hard date we will let the community know.

Thanks for your support and if you don't hear from the team before the holiday have a Merry Christmas!
Good to hear! I'd rather wait a couple of months instead of have an unfinished game. So, I thank you for pushing the release back.

Really looking forward to this game!

Game Center: GoofyJmaster My Twitter; Weekly Game Impressions! Thread; Game Guide 2011
Playing Frederic Resurrection of Music, Jazz: Trump's Journey, Russian Dancing Men, & Cytus
12-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Yeah, exactly. I think we can all remember loading up a new game with high hopes only to realize after playing it that it was rushed and not fun. First impressions can make or break you I say

James Petty - President
2013 Facebook
12-22-2011, 12:53 PM
All Unreal Engine games on iPod Touch 4G crashing, UE is worst engine for iOS
12-22-2011, 12:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiteplayer3d View Post
All Unreal Engine games on iPod Touch 4G crashing, UE is worst engine for iOS
Frankly the crashes you are referring to are not the fault of the engine but of the development behind them. There is a reason we have spent nearly a year already developing 2013 : Infected Wars.

It takes a tremendous amount of time to learn how to adapt the engine for mobile and make your games run smoothly. Earlier in the year we had to completely scrap months of work on things and redo them to get the performance we wanted. This isn't a fault of the engine but of us learning the engine for mobile.

We are in uncharted territory for mobile and doing things never done before so it is quite easy to make mistakes. If your development team doesn't know what they are doing and you don't have high standards you can easily create something that runs like trash and crashes all the time. Blame the company that created the game and tried to sell it, not the engine.

James Petty - President
2013 Facebook