★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

2013: Infected Wars (Unreal Engine 3)

10-01-2011, 11:45 PM
#21
Another thing: i dont like the game name. I hope they erase the 2013, it feels Like crap. I thought it was some kind of flash game. Until i saw the trailer.
10-02-2011, 12:08 AM
#22
Joined: Aug 2010
Location: Pakistan,Karachi.
Posts: 192
Send a message via Yahoo to chase123
Definately,does not look boring but does looks like it lacks something.

10-02-2011, 02:07 AM
#23
Gotta agree that the character looks terrible.

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
10-02-2011, 03:06 AM
#24
will be any HD version for iPad or is this Universal!??
10-02-2011, 10:06 AM
#25
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Ithaca, NY
Posts: 1,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by ActionMobileGames View Post
All characters are lowpoly at the moment to ensure amazing performance across targeted devices. We are actually in the process of beefing up our hero and mutant characters now. Expect unprecedented character quality by the games release this fall. Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
where is the real time shadow guys? if it doesn't exist then this is just another terminator salvation(gameloft) for me. the main character looks terrible. optimized it for the upcoming device or you just gonna spent the whole time fixing bugs and optimizing the game to run on old device. game like this. MUSE, SHADOWGUN, DZLS are meant to be played on iPhone 4 and up.
Dude, give them some time. They said the models and whatnot are only temporary. The video is just alpha gameplay.

Follow me on Twitter: @jumpman475
Member of the BETA TESTER ALLIANCE
Need a Writer? I'm your man. Send me a PM.
10-02-2011, 11:07 AM
#26
Quote:
Originally Posted by redribbon View Post
where is the real time shadow guys? if it doesn't exist then this is just another terminator salvation(gameloft) for me. the main character looks terrible. optimized it for the upcoming device or you just gonna spent the whole time fixing bugs and optimizing the game to run on old device. game like this. MUSE, SHADOWGUN, DZLS are meant to be played on iPhone 4 and up.
Shadowgun doesn't have real-time shadows, but rather 'blob shadows'. Basically it's like a small black circle underneath the player that follows him everywhere, thus it is a fake shadow, not real-time, which is very expensive on mobile devices as of now. DZLS doesn't have blob shadows according to latest screenshots on their Facebook page.

We're still in alpha, and we have a lot of work to do. Our main priority is performance; as we believe that expensive visuals won't yield any value if the app keeps on lagging. Once this goal is reached, we will add all the fancy stuff while monitoring performance closely, if it has an impact we'll definately drop it.

Thanks to everyone for your feedback, and it is worth to mention that all characters will be upgraded visually. Keep an eye on our facebook page and stay tuned for more updates!

Regards,

Hamad Al-Hasan
Lead Programmer @ Action Mobile Games
10-02-2011, 11:13 AM
#27
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Ithaca, NY
Posts: 1,899
Quote:
Originally Posted by seenooh View Post
Shadowgun doesn't have real-time shadows, but rather 'blob shadows'. Basically it's like a small black circle underneath the player that follows him everywhere, thus it is a fake shadow, not real-time, which is very expensive on mobile devices as of now. DZLS doesn't have blob shadows according to latest screenshots on their Facebook page.

We're still in alpha, and we have a lot of work to do. Our main priority is performance; as we believe that expensive visuals won't yield any value if the app keeps on lagging. Once this goal is reached, we will add all the fancy stuff while monitoring performance closely, if it has an impact we'll definately drop it.

Thanks to everyone for your feedback, and it is worth to mention that all characters will be upgraded visually. Keep an eye on our facebook page and stay tuned for more updates!

Regards,

Hamad Al-Hasan
Lead Programmer @ Action Mobile Games
Yes, agreed. I am glad you guys are focusing on performance first and visuals later. That usually works out better in the end. And character upgrades are always nice.

Anyway, welcome to Toucharcade! Thanks for filling us in with some info about Infected Wars. Keep up the good work.

Follow me on Twitter: @jumpman475
Member of the BETA TESTER ALLIANCE
Need a Writer? I'm your man. Send me a PM.
10-02-2011, 11:30 AM
#28
Quote:
Originally Posted by jumpman475 View Post
Yes, agreed. I am glad you guys are focusing on performance first and visuals later. That usually works out better in the end. And character upgrades are always nice.

Anyway, welcome to Toucharcade! Thanks for filling us in with some info about Infected Wars. Keep up the good work.
Thanks! And definately performance comes first. We're working on this in 'batches', and we started with environments. All environments you see run flawlessly on iPhone 4. Next, the team is going to work on all characters, do whatever is possible without killing our framerates, and so on, until we ensure that the game runs amazingly on all aspects while providing fun gameplay and nice visuals.

Regards,

Hamad Al-Hasan
Lead Programmer @ Action Mobile Games
10-02-2011, 11:52 AM
#29
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Ithaca, NY
Posts: 1,899
That's great to hear. Honestly, if a game had amazing graphics but ran at 15 FPS, then I wouldn't touch it. I think there is a fine balance between performance and graphics, and some experimenting is needed to find it. I'm glad that it is running well on iPhone 4 so far.

Looking at the video, I think there were 4 different environments. Are there several different 'levels' spread out across each environment? Sort of like L4D's chapters. Also, the first three seemed to be dark alleys. Some people will complain about that I'm sure, but you guys should take advantage of the darkness and the narrow area and use it to create a more scary, suspenseful atmosphere. You know, kinda make the player constantly wonder what's around the next corner, can I make it to the safe zone.

Speaking of suspense, if you guys haven't already, please take a page from L4D's book and have ammo and weapons/med kits placed scarcely through the maps. This forces the player to think about their current condition and it creates some urgency if you are low on ammo or health. That push to get to the weapon stash or the relief when you find a med kit in a cabinet creates a much more immersive (there's a different word but I can't find it) experience than just getting to the checkpoint. I hope you sort of get what I am saying

Follow me on Twitter: @jumpman475
Member of the BETA TESTER ALLIANCE
Need a Writer? I'm your man. Send me a PM.
10-02-2011, 12:14 PM
#30
Looking Fine so far but don`t rush the Game out!

If you are still going in for a Fall Release Date you might reconsider that since we will see the next upcoming 3.Months at least ten High-End Third Person Shooter Games on the Mobil Devices that are currently still under heavy Development.

I am unsure how long you Guys are already working on it but if i were you i would Release at the Christmas Eve or in January when everyone does have some extra Money if you know what i mean...