Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-02-2011, 03:02 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Default SpaceChem Mobile

This game has just popped up on the app store and I didn't hear anything about it so I thought I'd share.

It's a game that's been out on the Mac and PC for awhile now and in a word, it's awesome.

It's a puzzle sort of game where you have to make different chemicals by bonding, rotating splitting and all sorts of commands.

It starts out pretty simple but the difficulty ramps up really, really quickly. It's definitely one that's going to keep you thinking for a while.

I think it's well worth the asking price, there should be heaps of videos on youtube if you want to check it out.

PS, i've got no idea how to add the app info so here's a link. Maybe someone could PM me how to add games to the posts. Thanks.

http://appshopper.com/games/spacechem-mobile
Old 10-02-2011, 03:45 PM
iPad mini, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Felonious Tub View Post
This game has just popped up on the app store and I didn't hear anything about it so I thought I'd share.

It's a game that's been out on the Mac and PC for awhile now and in a word, it's awesome.

It's a puzzle sort of game where you have to make different chemicals by bonding, rotating splitting and all sorts of commands.

It starts out pretty simple but the difficulty ramps up really, really quickly. It's definitely one that's going to keep you thinking for a while.

I think it's well worth the asking price, there should be heaps of videos on youtube if you want to check it out.

PS, i've got no idea how to add the app info so here's a link. Maybe someone could PM me how to add games to the posts. Thanks.

http://appshopper.com/games/spacechem-mobile
Looks interesting, but at 5.99, I put it on my wishlist on appshopper. I had not noticed it yet either
Old 10-02-2011, 03:54 PM

Thanks a lot, Felonious Tub!

SpaceChem is ridiculously good. It will keep you thinking for weeks (even for months), not because you're dumb, believe me. :P

The port is amazing, perfectly suits the iPad. Hands down, it's one of the best puzzlers on the platform, which means a lot.

Go check out a great introduction here: http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011...ink-spacechem/
Old 10-02-2011, 04:16 PM

Low bandwidth Version | Pop Up
Old 10-02-2011, 04:21 PM

@ Dazzlemi -- I feel you there, the price is pretty steep.

But man, you have no idea how wrong you are if you think it's not worth six bucks (or twenty, as it's original price)!

You will get hundreds of hours of pure joy for your money, so it's well worth it. Sure, you'll need the appropriate mindset, but you will love every minute of it.

It's a Cave shooter calibre game, with tremendous replayability. Go get it.
Old 10-02-2011, 04:22 PM

Another Teaser Trailer:

Old 10-02-2011, 04:32 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

I've just downloaded it, and have found I've apparently spent 2.99 for an advert for a PC game - the first screen I am presented with says something along the lines of 'did you know SpaceChem is available on PC with more content, including boss battles and a story'...
Old 10-02-2011, 05:04 PM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I bought the Mac version on steam a couple months ago and I can tell it is one of my top 3 games of the year, awesome puzzler, but not for everyone.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:29 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

I kind of disagree that it's just an ad for the PC version. The only reference I've seen is on the menu screen telling you about it but that's it. Either way though, this game stands up on it's own merits but like goiMot says, it won't be for everyone.
Old 10-02-2011, 07:50 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Puzzle games about programming (however abstract) are way rare. This one is very, very well done on PC/Mac. Instabuy for me.