★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Looking for a... Newer.. Or an older rpg that no one looks at much, but is great.

10-02-2011, 11:09 PM
Looking for a... Newer.. Or an older rpg that no one looks at much, but is great.

So uhh, I've been searching for awhile, and my conclusion comes to.. Aralon doesn't interest me... Gamevil's krpgs, or whatever, don't hold my attention for very long.. xD. I've kind of been wanting a platform rpg thats not grind this grind that. A platform rpg that has a nice in-depth storyline. I'm also looking for maybe a strategy mixed rpg. (No TD plz hehe) It would be great if someone could give me suggestions. Thanks.
10-02-2011, 11:20 PM
Final Fantasy Tactics
Crimson Gem Saga
Final Fantasy III
Ash
Chaos Rings
Galaxy on Fire 2
Across Age DX

Twitter: @back2this

10-02-2011, 11:29 PM
Ahaah, expensive taste? Eh. I looked up Crimson Gem, and thought it looked great, so theres my buy. I'll get tactics whrn they release ipad version.. x.x need ipod games to occupy me during class. Y'know. thanks.
10-02-2011, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TaiyrTress View Post
Ahaah, expensive taste? Eh. I looked up Crimson Gem, and thought it looked great, so theres my buy. I'll get tactics whrn they release ipad version.. x.x need ipod games to occupy me during class. Y'know. thanks.
Check out The War of Eustrath, too, if you want an SRPG similar to Super Robot Wars.
10-02-2011, 11:47 PM
Ok, I'll check that one out too. Gotta still save some money for 3DS games though. =_= Darn all the low priced smartphone apps.
10-03-2011, 12:01 AM
Quote:
Good choice. It's a direct port of the PSP game. One of the best, if not the best, JRPGs on the AppStore. Expensive taste? I have Gamevil's and Com2uS' RPGs as well; I didn't think they fit what you were looking for. The only cheap RPGs you'll find are pretty much KRPGs.

Last edited by backtothis; 10-03-2011 at 12:03 AM.
10-03-2011, 12:03 AM
Quote:
Yea, backtothis is right. CGS is by far my favorite RPG in the App Store.

Waiting for: Chaos Rings II, Phoenix Wright 123
I will always love: Kairosoft and CAVE Co. Ltd., Capcom, Godzilab, Simogo
Feel free to add me on Gamecenter; I'm Kirbychewy!
Dodonpachi is no longer my favorite iOS game.
10-03-2011, 12:07 AM
Just joined the forum tonight.. Lol, already got 2 promo codes, a great game downloading, and very nice people n quick responses. Amazing forum going here. thanks.
10-03-2011, 12:41 AM
Quote:
Just joined the forum tonight.. Lol, already got 2 promo codes, a great game downloading, and very nice people n quick responses. Amazing forum going here. thanks.
It's as good as it gets as far as gaming forums are concerned here on TA. For anything related to the iOS, there's really nowhere else you need to even bother checking. The community here is excellent and what really makes TA a great place to be.

10-03-2011, 12:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by backtothis View Post
It's as good as it gets as far as gaming forums are concerned here on TA. For anything related to the iOS, there's really nowhere else you need to even bother checking. The community here is excellent and what really makes TA a great place to be.
Ooo rah!

Playing Now: The Dark Meadow, Shadowgun, Order and Chaos Online