★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

D.A.R.K. (Chillingo Ltd.) $2.99 > $0.99

10-03-2011, 09:32 PM
D.A.R.K. (Chillingo Ltd.) $2.99 > $0.99

Admin/Reviewer on Philippine Gamers Lounge
XBL & PSN: iANiMeX
GameCenter: ANiMeX2k11
Need beta tester?
10-03-2011, 09:46 PM
Thanks Anime

Not sure if worth a dollar though .... =_= Still have tons of games I still need to play on my iPhone like Majesty, Two Worlds defense, Chateau de moreau, world of goo.... etc.

Currently enjoying: CtR, AB: Space, Guitar Hero, Rock Band Reloaded, Burger Queen World, Hunters: Episode One, Batman Arkham Lockdown, Ice Race, Bar Oasis1.5, Air Gamblers: Supremacy, Mage Gauntlet, Real Racing 2, Inotia2/3, Undercroft, Pocket Warriors, Ascension, Chaos Rings

10-03-2011, 09:51 PM
No problem. Well me, I am buying all good games on sale like this one and put them on my queue list. Lol

Admin/Reviewer on Philippine Gamers Lounge
XBL & PSN: iANiMeX
GameCenter: ANiMeX2k11
Need beta tester?
10-04-2011, 01:02 AM
Putting games on sale on queue list is always a good thing, but I feel like dual stick shooters are way to prevalent on the appstore to be even worthy of adding to the list.

I mean, despite it's unique graphics, its formula is essentially the same, no? I feel like it'll never exactly be played.

Currently enjoying: CtR, AB: Space, Guitar Hero, Rock Band Reloaded, Burger Queen World, Hunters: Episode One, Batman Arkham Lockdown, Ice Race, Bar Oasis1.5, Air Gamblers: Supremacy, Mage Gauntlet, Real Racing 2, Inotia2/3, Undercroft, Pocket Warriors, Ascension, Chaos Rings
10-04-2011, 06:03 AM
Instant buy.... Thanks
10-04-2011, 07:46 AM
So how is this one? Is it worth my dollar?

Currently Enjoying: BUG HEROES 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBRUU View Post
Ninny speaks the truth.
10-04-2011, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
It's worth a dollar if you're craving a dual-stick shooter, but it's really not that great. It's repetitive (it locks you in rooms and sends 5 waves of enemies at you), it controls fairly clunky, it's short, and the enemies are annoying rather than being fun to fight (IMO). The guns reload too often too, which annoys me.

The background graphics are pretty, though. And the level-up system (you level up your guns and your dude) is a good idea that is barely used.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
10-04-2011, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjackid View Post
Its 'a dollar' ! Great value.

I completed the first big mission so now i'm playing the new one. I really like the game, the graphics are superb, nice dual stick shooter, nice shop to update your weapons etc.

Granted the 'waves' get a bit samey but i think of it as Robotron or Smash TV where you're stuck in a room and you have wave and wave of baddies to kill. Theres some nice other levels where you have to dodge security robots etc and you have a few end of level baddies.

I'm a big fan of dual stick shooters so i really like this one. The update seems very good from what i've seen so far.

But come on guys, its a 'dollar'. Its well worth it.
10-04-2011, 09:16 AM
I feel a little interested.. Don't think I'll bite, though. I think I'm with UmbraVir, though - I have many games that I haven't gotten around to playing yet.

Sometimes I think that I get more satisfaction out of downloading/buying some games than playing them. I know that I won't have the time to play them all, but I keep buying more.

Oh well. At least it's a dolluh.

ID on GameCenter: Joshnsuch

Mention you're from TA if you send a request. This would please me.
10-04-2011, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshnsuch View Post
I feel a little interested.. Don't think I'll bite, though. I think I'm with UmbraVir, though - I have many games that I haven't gotten around to playing yet.

Sometimes I think that I get more satisfaction out of downloading/buying some games than playing them. I know that I won't have the time to play them all, but I keep buying more.

Oh well. At least it's a dolluh.
Me too, man. It's an addiction. I buy way more games than I should just because they're cheap...kinda like collecting them. And I probably spend more time researching games and scouting for free games than I do playing them :-/

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.