★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Lexel

04-30-2009, 08:44 PM
Lexel

Could not find a thread with this game. Found it free through Pandorabox. I am not normally a word game person, but I find the gameplay compelling. The controls may seem a little different at first, but once one is used to tapping the first letter and flicking from the last it is easy to pick up...
04-30-2009, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lvillalt99 View Post
Could not find a thread with this game. Found it free through Pandorabox. I am not normally a word game person, but I find the gameplay compelling. The controls may seem a little different at first, but once one is used to tapping the first letter and flicking from the last it is easy to pick up...
Link? Although thanks for searching!

Cobalt and Calcium- THE Coheed and Cambria fansite- NEW ALBUM COMING SOON!!!!

Waiting for- Bioshock, NHL 10, FIFA 10, Guerrilla Bob, NOVA, Sketch Nation

04-30-2009, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THEDeliriumTrigger View Post
Link? Although thanks for searching!
Free
http://itunes.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=303492464&mt=8
04-30-2009, 09:03 PM
Thanks for adding the link... Clicked the wrong button...
05-01-2009, 11:46 PM
I'm finding Lexel much more enjoyable than some of the other recent word games. It's interface looks very professional and there's lots of different game modes.

It's slightly similar to Imangi - but Lexel is actually playable, where I found Imangi basically impossible.
05-02-2009, 04:41 AM
word game + free !

i'll have a look at this

Stop viewing Signatures
->editoptions->Scroll down to "Thread Display Options"->Uncheck "Show Signatures"->Scroll down, hit "Save Changes"
05-03-2009, 10:54 PM
Excellent game

I finally checked out Lexel. And I'm glad I did! I can't believe that it is free. I love word games. I have lots of them on my iPhone and was pleased to find that Lexel was a word game with slightly different gameplay from others that I already have.

One thing I particularly liked is that when the gameboard fills up the game is not over. You still have the opportunity to make words from the remaining letters. I've started leaving a complete word at the bottom of the board so that when it fills with letters I can remove a word which in turn allows me to move the remaining letter tiles around to make more words.

Something that could be improved is the frequency of some letters. For example one game I played I seemed to get an awful lot of Zs. In another it was the letter I and in yet another I seemed to get a lot of Js and Ks and hardly any vowels. However it hasn't happened for every game and the games were not made unplayable by this, just slightly more difficult.

The game is not perfect but it is an excellent word game and I highly recommend it. Escpecially at its current price. But I would still recommend it if I had purchased the app instead of picking it up for free.
05-03-2009, 11:40 PM
Hey, this ... is actually pretty good. It's got a lot of polish, the gameplay, though fairly standard, is still smooth and responsive. Nice visuals, good sound effects -- though the dev used the default audio control instead of Application Volume so I have to adjust the ringer on the iPhone to lower game volume (big no-no in my book). Other than that though, very nice indeed.

[Relax with Galactic Chill] [Let me tell you a story.]
Currently working on: Music for Spirit Hunter Mineko
05-09-2009, 10:45 AM
Wow, almost skipped this one as I alread have way too many word games. Glad I didn't as this is really great... Lexel is now my most played word game at the moment. The action is hectic, almost arcadey and the user interface is very slick. Definitely grab this while it is free, I would've paid $2 or $3 for this!
05-09-2009, 10:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by snow_mani View Post

Something that could be improved is the frequency of some letters. For example one game I played I seemed to get an awful lot of Zs. In another it was the letter I and in yet another I seemed to get a lot of Js and Ks and hardly any vowels. However it hasn't happened for every game and the games were not made unplayable by this, just slightly more difficult.
I noticed that too. I got like 6-7 S's in succession at the beginning on one game and I was like "wha?" But it's a cool word game. Interesting and rather original gameplay design with the sliding of letters and the filled up board that can still be played to gain some more points. Good for killing a few minutes.