★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Tatomic - An Original Action Puzzle Game

11-10-2008, 06:48 PM
Tatomic - An Original Action Puzzle Game

Just wanted to let you guys know that my first game, Tatomic, an action puzzle game for the iPhone is now out at the App Store.

Its an original falling-blocks game that can best be described as a mix of Tetris, Lumines and Super Puzzle Fighter.

The goal of the game is to group atoms into like colored chains.

The game features three modes, complete with original graphics and music.

There is also a FREE lite version with the first 10 levels of Mode 1.

Free Version - http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=295380183&mt=8
Full Version ($4.99) - http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=294280837&mt=8

Some screenshots:

I'd love to hear some feedback about what you guys think.
11-10-2008, 09:29 PM
I have been playing the free version for a while (still trying to get to level 10)
and I just have to say that this is an AWESOME game.

Would love to buy the full version, but I limit myself to $5 a week and I do not want to eat up all my funds in one week on a single game.

That said if I had to choose 1 game to buy for $5 this would be it.

P.S.
Does the full version let you select any of the skins you have got to so you can play as much as you want on a certain stage?

If not you could add a free play mode that lets you play on any skin you have reached! That would be a great addition.
11-10-2008, 09:33 PM
We'll be doing a video review of this in the next couple days.
11-10-2008, 09:56 PM
Congratulations Nitzan and nice to meet you!

I've purchased this game as soon as I saw it at AppStore.

One of the best puzzle games IMO!!

By the way, are you working in a new game right now?
11-10-2008, 10:28 PM
I greatly enjoyed the demo, but the one thing that kept me from buying it, and this really is the ONLY reason, but it means a lot to me. The music begins looping, and I really feel that every level should have its own song. If that was attended to, I wouldn't think twice about purchasing it.
11-11-2008, 12:32 AM
zztfox - A free-play mode is a great idea. We'll look into adding it in one of the future updates.

Carlos-SZ - We are still focusing on updating the game to make it better, but once we are satisfied you can be sure that we have plenty of new game ideas.

Maythius - Thanks for the feedback about the music. Some of the levels from 11-30 have different music tracks. The music matches the rate at which the atoms drop, and since the first few levels are slow there isn't as much variety as in the rest of the levels. The latter levels have more of a mix.
We would love to have added even more tracks but wanted to keep the game size reasonable.