Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-06-2011, 10:24 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post
This happened to a few games last week that were "released" in NZ but took all day being modified until the release in the US. I don't understand what could be happening with that.

Anyway so far the game is great. I have only played a couple (hmm 3?) levels so far though and the first was more of a get to know the game tutorial. I didn't play the second level twice so I can't answer you yet Lord Gek but will be on that for you.

I did have to replay the tutorial though to make sure I understood what I was supposed to be doing as by the third level I already though I was going to be swiping and making lines like crazy! Replaying the tutorial though I did understand what I was supposed to be doing and picked up more of the concept too - that the baddies become your food so send the workers out to collect that.

Way too early to give many more impressions so far, but for now so far so great and definitely will be enjoying this. Oh and each level has a different number of stars attached to it that is based on your score and your score is based on different criteria. I am only on the level that has 3 stars and see in the progression, levels that have many more! So I wonder what is in store for it!
As far as I can tell your score is based primarily on baddies destroyed and food gathered...but am not sure if the food part is total gathered during the level or what you have left over at the end of the level.
Old 10-06-2011, 10:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
As far as I can tell your score is based primarily on baddies destroyed and food gathered...but am not sure if the food part is total gathered during the level or what you have left over at the end of the level.
It's what you gather, so be quick to collect as much food as possible before the game ends! You also get bonus score from collecting artifacts (emeralds, etc) that appear in some levels.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:22 PM

Here's our cinematic trailer, fresh from the oven!

Youtube link | Pop Up
Old 10-06-2011, 05:24 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Finished the first map last night.
This is the best game out of all releases this week as fas as I am concerned.
I like the fact that you can go back and finish the level with all stars. Stars buy upgrades. You really need those upgrades in later levels. The game is stellar. The only negative thing I see is the IAP option. I can say with full conviction that you don't really need the IAP, but seing it there makes me think "Is this game designed to be too hard without the IAP deliberately like so many other games?"
The game gets progressively harder, so one does need to utilise strategy, skill and speed to get the maximum scores. It the kind of game that grabs you and doesn't let go untill you can't stay awake anymore and the ipod touch slips out of your sweaty hands and falls on the floor.

Great job guys!
Old 10-06-2011, 05:56 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by eugekava View Post
This is the best game out of all releases this week as fas as I am concerned.
Yep, really enjoying this one. Takes a little bit to grasp the flow, but once you do it's great game with great design.
Old 10-07-2011, 05:00 AM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Woah i can't believe it! It's the game of the week for itunes here in Europe and the game is climbing fast
Old 10-07-2011, 08:27 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

was up all night playing this one, and OMG!! Seriously, this has to be one of the best, if not the best line drawing TD game I've ever played. I friggin love it! =oD
Old 10-07-2011, 08:44 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
was up all night playing this one, and OMG!! Seriously, this has to be one of the best, if not the best line drawing TD game I've ever played. I friggin love it! =oD
Dammit, now it's becoming harder and harder to hold off buying this haha
Old 10-07-2011, 08:49 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by smes3817 View Post
Dammit, now it's becoming harder and harder to hold off buying this haha
=oP

Really, I was thinking this would just be another typical line drawing game... was WAY wrong! I'm fully blown away by it. Very impressed. The randomness of where the bugs move to, the animations, the extremely vibrant environments... and the incredible strategic side of it all. =oD

Yeah, totally consider this one game of the week.
Old 10-07-2011, 09:17 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
=oP

Really, I was thinking this would just be another typical line drawing game... was WAY wrong! I'm fully blown away by it. Very impressed. The randomness of where the bugs move to, the animations, the extremely vibrant environments... and the incredible strategic side of it all. =oD

Yeah, totally consider this one game of the week.
Ok you sold me. Downloading now

Edit: Ok, so I've only played the tutorial so far and can tell this is going to be awesome!

Last edited by smes3817; 10-07-2011 at 09:26 AM..