Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 11-25-2011, 03:46 PM
leras leras is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 4, iOS 4.x
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 13
Default amazed about the game

iam amazed about the graphics and the consept of the game its realy intersting
but iam waiting more maps to play
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 11-25-2011, 04:09 PM
tops2 tops2 is offline
Senior Member
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 1,897
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLW View Post
It takes about 20s to load on my iPhone 4, and 10s on my iPad 2. It doesn't seem like a very long time to me, but then I'm used to playing games on my PS3, that has much longer loading times!

A question about tactics: how do people deal with the large beetles that explode when they die? They take so long to kill that by the time they die loads of my ants are there attacking the beetle, so a large percentage of my army is taken out when they explode. Anyone got any tips?
The initial load is a bit longer than I like, but its not that bad to me. The loading of stages is pretty quick.

Yeah, I haven't tried it yet, but for the exploding baddies, I think I just gotta micro better and pull back the soldier ants (erase their path) sometime before the beetle dies, and just use the long range ants and the flying ants to finish off the beetles. Not sure though if the solder ants will pull back once their path is erased though, so gotta test that out. Its a bit tough to pull off for me on the ipod touch due to the screen size (should be easier on the larger screen of the ipad).

Otherwise, brilliant game. The difficulty is just right for me. Most of the missions aren't too bad; just 2-3 maps that I had to retry a few times. Its amazing the polish of the game (to me anyways) for a small size of 22.9 megs uncompressed! I only have 2-3 more maps to get 3 starts on..then off to the infinite mode. =D
Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 11-25-2011, 04:57 PM
HLW HLW is offline
Senior Member
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: UK
Posts: 1,014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tops2 View Post
Not sure though if the solder ants will pull back once their path is erased though, so gotta test that out. Its a bit tough to pull off for me on the ipod touch due to the screen size (should be easier on the larger screen of the ipad).
No sadly they won't come back, ants that are busy (attacking or walking towards food/an enemy) don't return back to the nest until they have finished their task even if you erase their path.

Anthill seems a lot easier to play on the iPad, you can see so much more of the level and it's a lot less fiddly, but strangely I got some of my highest scores for the campaign levels on my iPhone.
Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 01-19-2012, 03:32 PM
Image & Form Image & Form is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Gothenburg Sweden
Posts: 20
Default

Anthill 3.0 of this highly-praised iOS strategy game is now available in the App Store, free to anyone who has purchased a previous version. Complementing the update is a lite version that is free to try and features a brand new campaign not available in the full game.

This new version reflects the games’ updated name, now simply titled Anthill. Additions to Anthill v3.0 include new enemies, new food resources and the introduction of new enemy anthills which spew out ants at an alarming rate. Alongside the well-received ‘Infinity Mode’ introduced in the previous update, players are being rewarded with a more robust game and experience.

Now with an average App Store review score of more than 4,5/5 from over 6000 user reviews world wide!

Try it out and let us know what you think!

Appstore links:
Anthill 3.0
Anthill Free

Last edited by Image & Form; 01-19-2012 at 03:56 PM..
Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 01-20-2012, 10:44 AM
LordGek's Avatar
LordGek LordGek is offline
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 10,890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Image & Form View Post
Anthill 3.0 of this highly-praised iOS strategy game is now available in the App Store, free to anyone who has purchased a previous version. Complementing the update is a lite version that is free to try and features a brand new campaign not available in the full game.

This new version reflects the games’ updated name, now simply titled Anthill. Additions to Anthill v3.0 include new enemies, new food resources and the introduction of new enemy anthills which spew out ants at an alarming rate. Alongside the well-received ‘Infinity Mode’ introduced in the previous update, players are being rewarded with a more robust game and experience.

Now with an average App Store review score of more than 4,5/5 from over 6000 user reviews world wide!

Try it out and let us know what you think!

Appstore links:
Anthill 3.0
Anthill Free
Did the new enemies make it into the Infinity mode as well?
Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 01-20-2012, 05:17 PM
Image & Form Image & Form is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Gothenburg Sweden
Posts: 20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordGek View Post
Did the new enemies make it into the Infinity mode as well?
No, we wouldn't wan't to mess up infinity mode since it's on game center.

But, we do have plans for more infinity mode levels with more enemies, ant upgrades and other cool stuff
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 01-20-2012, 05:40 PM
LordGek's Avatar
LordGek LordGek is offline
Moderator
iPad Air, iOS 7.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Redding, CA, USA
Posts: 10,890
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Image & Form View Post
No, we wouldn't wan't to mess up infinity mode since it's on game center.

But, we do have plans for more infinity mode levels with more enemies, ant upgrades and other cool stuff
Okay, fair enough as it would mess with current scores...I JUST WANT IT ALL! I have seen too many games offer up all sorts of clever mechanics in their main campaign/puzzle levels only to give its Survival mode only a watered down taste of all of the goodies available.
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 01-26-2012, 10:07 AM
Keebler27 Keebler27 is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2
Default fantastic game

this game is addicting.
I've completed the game itself and have been playing in infinity mode. Only made it to level 35 so far, but it's incredibly hard to get past when there's 4 or 5 huge bugs attacking at once lol (not a complaint by any means).

the graphics are well polished.
The AI seems to be well done enough as the game doesn't play out in the same manner. Each game seems to differ slightly thus altering my tactics.
The sound is well done too.
I play it on an iPad 1 and it only chugs when the screen is simply too full of activity and that's not the games fault - completely the ipad just not being able to handle it. When I say full, I mean 50+ flyers in the air, near 100 worker ants and tons of soldiers and spitters.

The only change or tweak would be to ensure all ants go back when you turn off their pheromone trail. if a spitter or soldier is 'engaged' with an enemy, they won't turn back. This is a problem b/c I can time the death of an enemy just about right, but if the ants stay there, they end up dying thus dwindling my efforts. Maybe ants just aren't smart enough to retreat? lol

Larger maps would be great too. It would enhance gameplay in a variety of ways.

Anyhow, great game. Truly one of the masterpieces available to the apple devices.

If you ever need any beta testers, please don't hesitate to ask. I play this game often (which could be a good or bad thing depending on how you look at it).

Oh and thanks for the last set of missions you added for free. That was a nice bonus.

Cheers,
Keebler
Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 01-26-2012, 03:48 PM
wilwired wilwired is offline
Member
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: CA
Posts: 67
Default

This game deserves a lot more attention than its getting...it's insanely polished and brilliantly fun. I'm enjoying it quite a bit!
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 01-29-2012, 08:37 PM
Keebler27 Keebler27 is offline
Junior Member
iPhone 4S, iOS 5.x
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 2
Default

ok..so i've made it to level 45 on infinity, but it's incredibly challenging.

I wish there was a way to call back the soldiers and spitters completely. if they're engaged, they stay there and end up dying in the explosions. I like to use my fliers when possible.

dang game....addicting!
Reply With Quote

Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2012, TouchArcade.com, LLC.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright ©2008 - 2011, TouchArcade.com. Privacy Policy / DMCA Copyright Agent