Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 11-11-2011, 01:33 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Yeah im also a bit confused about unlocking the special items! Also there are three side quests which are not rag dolls - how do you unlock those? And of course, any tips on beating the rag doll levels? I just cant get above a thousand!!

Anyway, i really really love this game. Wish it was longer, but hey. Five stars left in the uk app store.

EDIT: sorry, figured out the unlockable levels. But still wondering about the other stuff!

Last edited by Veronika_s; 11-11-2011 at 01:38 AM.. Reason: Played game a little more
Old 11-11-2011, 02:41 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

Congrats on making it a second time on the front page!
Awesome update.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:39 AM
iPhone 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ItouchBrett View Post
so how do u unlock the unique items again?
I just figured it out. You have to fight the monster who is the weapon master having only that weapon equipped.
It also makes the fight tougher.

Last edited by Ickon; 11-11-2011 at 07:14 AM..
Old 11-11-2011, 06:16 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickon View Post
I just figured it out. You have to fight the master who is the weapon master having only that weapon equipped.
It also makes the fight tougher.
Really though? So like three of the same weapon then or what? I tried equipping only one bow (and no bonuses) against the skeleton, and nothing happened...

Or maybe you have to do them in order?

Edit: yeah ok cool, you actually need to equip three of them! Kind of unintuitive and should perhaps be made a little more clear...

Last edited by Veronika_s; 11-11-2011 at 06:27 AM..
Old 11-11-2011, 08:35 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Veronika_s View Post
yeah ok cool, you actually need to equip three of them! Kind of unintuitive and should perhaps be made a little more clear...
Yeah we wanted it to be a little hard to find just to make sure that not everybody could get the items too easily since they are very good weapons. But I totally agree that it's not very intuitive. Also, I never thought that someone would try to equip just one of the required weapon and no other weapons. It meets the requirement in a sense so the next update will fix that and make it more clear. Thanks for your feedback!
Old 11-11-2011, 02:12 PM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Tried the lite version and took me a while before buying the game. The reason it took me a while is cause I couldn't stop playing the lite version, even with the "buy full version" link in there. =P lol...

My wife is going to hate you this weekend. Talk about an addicting game. I love the ragdoll. Can't wait to see what you have coming next! =D
Old 11-11-2011, 05:20 PM

Default Game Impressions

HD Gameplay Trailer (First few Minutes/iPad 2):

Old 11-12-2011, 08:19 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
HD Gameplay Trailer (First few Minutes/iPad 2):
Wow! How did you manage to record your iPad like that? I tried so many tools and none did the job like that...
Old 11-12-2011, 10:52 AM
iPod Touch (5th Gen), iOS 7.x

Wow..talk about a surprise hit to me. The game is perfect to me the way it is (of course I won't mind future updates). =D

The pacing is quick, with each battle being a few minutes long at most. Its prefect to play for a few minutes, or for longer stretches. I like how the monsters are the "levels" you select, which gets rid of the "exploration" in RPGs and streamlines it to just monster battles. The game has enough strategy to me in terms of risk vs reward..whether you want to go all damage but lower chances of the weapons showing up in the reels, or be safe and do less damage but having moe chances to hit. For people with quick eyes & reaction, you can actually time and stop each reel to maximize the results you want. The treasure drops from the monsters sort of reminds me of Diablo. I'm not sure how the drops are determined, but it seems like to me there's a base set number of items, but the thing that varies are the stars (chance of the item showing up in the reels).

Having 2 save files is great. I have one file that I'm just grinding to get all items. The other file I'm trying for speed run. Some of the achievements actually feel like you ned to earn them. =D The art & sound..I love it. It reminds me of a really old PC dungeon RPG that I loved called Mordor. Its a bit "campy" to me..but I love it! (I'm not saying the art or sound is low quality or anything though!)

The only thing I'm not crazy about is how the main "world" is one long scrolling screen. It makes scrolling between the first few stages to last few stages a bit tedious..but its not something I do all the time. Possible suggestions could be breaking down a set of enemies into different "worlds" and have a world selection screen since it looks like you have different background levels for monsters. Or maybe like some iphone web browsers, have an thin "fast/hyper-scroll bar" on the top part of the monster selection stage so if we drag the top part of the monster select screen, we can more quickly scroll through the monsters. This bar in some ways could be invisible, or translucent (like the mobile Safari or other mobile browsers) in style. But otherwise, if there's not change..I'm fine the way it is...just being nit picky since I can't think of any other negatives.

Sorry for the wall of text! =/ Gotta say, this is the first slots game that has me hooked. Great job! Looking forward to what you have in store. =D
Old 11-12-2011, 11:14 AM
iPad 2, iOS 7.x

The new update is great! I'm an iPad user, so universal is very welcome and appreciated. Having a blast with the new rag dolls, heh. Got three of the unique items from the weapon masters so far (I thought the process was rather self-explanatory, myself), will be collecting the rest once I level up more.

If I had to make one complaint about this game, it would be that it seems the large monster bait is the best bonus to use. I've toyed around with doing setups like using only Mage weapons, and equipping one or two of the more mages bonus, in hopes of dealing out crits more frequently, but no setup I try outperforms using three large monster baits. It's not a huge thing, though. I just go nuts with different kinds of builds in RPGs, so I may be over thinking things here, lol.

This really is one of my iOS favorites, though. Easily in my top five.