Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 05-08-2012, 02:47 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by krautboy View Post
Hold = holds a reel for a round while the others spin. Obviously for bets with higher win chances. Some machines give one hold per round while others let you win holds.
nudge = let a reel Go one stop further.
Ah I see! Thanks for the explanation.

In the first ideas for King Cashing 2, one of the members had an ability to freeze a reel for the next turn. This was scrapped because of its random nature. But putting this at the machine level could work. Right before spinning, you could hold one reel of your choice. This would cost cherries and could only be done once per battle. Bonus items would allow to do this more than once per battle and/or make it cost less cherries to use. What do you think?

As for nudge, this would require to change how the reels stop. I still like the idea though. I'll keep that in my design document, maybe for an update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLW View Post
For the 'more cherries at the end than at the start' achievement, do you have to be playing normal (not survival) mode? Because I had more cherries at the end of a battle in survival mode, but didn't get the achievement.
I totally forgot to mark which achievements can only be unlocked in classic mode! Sorry about that. So yeah, you can only get this one in classic mode. The double cherry helps a lot for that.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:28 PM
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by multimage View Post
This would cost cherries and could only be done once per battle. Bonus items would allow to do this more than once per battle and/or make it cost less cherries to use. What do you think?
That sounds like a good method.
I also like your idea of making it a party member's ability - are there going to be more than three so you have to select different ones before the battle?
Old 05-08-2012, 04:46 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by HLW View Post
I also like your idea of making it a party member's ability - are there going to be more than three so you have to select different ones before the battle?
Yes. I'll post more info about the different party members when we officially announce the game in the coming weeks.
Old 05-29-2012, 01:04 PM
iPad 2

Is there a list somewhere of all the unique weapons, and how/where you can get them? I know I am missing a few, but don't remember where my uniques came from... Thanks in advance of course for any helpful replies!

Made it up to 8th place in the Survival ladder over the weekend, so that was pretty cool. My wife was not as impressed as I was. HA!

Dave
Old 05-29-2012, 03:29 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in the basement View Post
Is there a list somewhere of all the unique weapons, and how/where you can get them? I know I am missing a few, but don't remember where my uniques came from... Thanks in advance of course for any helpful replies!
Puce Moose explained it better than me:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puce Moose View Post
There are a few enemies that list being a spear master, bow master, etc. in their description. If you (spoiler below)

•••Spoiler:  Equip yourself with three of the items they are bragging about being a master of, and engage them in battle, their HP will be increased. If you win, you'll be granted a unique powerful weapon.
So this is true for 6 of the 9 weapons. The 3 others you can get them by getting to the top of the 3 ragdoll levels.

There's also the Dark Weapons. They are dropped randomly by the Final Dark Minotaur, but the first time you beat it you'll get 1 of them for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in the basement View Post
Made it up to 8th place in the Survival ladder over the weekend, so that was pretty cool.
Nice!
Old 08-09-2012, 02:04 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Wow it's been a while since I posted in this thread. Anyway, I have two news:

- First, a strategy guide is in the works for King Cashing. We had an intern with us for a couple of weeks and he specialized in making stuff with InDesign so he was in charge of making a guide and it's looking great! Once it's finalized I'll post the PDF here.

- Second, King Cashing 2 has been announced officially! You can check the thread here: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showthread.php?t=147688 Check it out to see what features have been confirmed so far! See you there!
Old 09-24-2012, 03:35 PM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

The strategy guide is finally available! You can get it here: http://www.kingcashing.com/KingCashingStrategyGuide.pdf

Also, for those interested, you can be an enemy in King Cashing 2 if you don't mind having an illustrated version of yourself in the game. Check out the contest for more details: (There's also iTunes gift cards to win!)
http://www.kingcashing.com/contest/?s=ta2
Old 09-25-2012, 11:34 PM
iPhone 5s, iOS 7.x

I don't know what it is about this and tower of fortune, but I felt strangely compelled to play to the end. I feel like I rarely play my games (especially ios games) through to completion, and yet here I am, looking at the game's ending screen.

the reason it's such a mystery to me is that neither game is all that amazing. I always make fun of pachinko players because they do nothing but sit at a noise machine with one hand on a dial, and the other holding a cigarette or their phone...and yet I felt like this wasn't much less mindless.

in the end, this is a lot better than tower of fortune, and I had some fun. however, it would be hard for me to recommend this to a friend. whether that's due to a lack of friends or not is another question...
Old 09-26-2012, 10:43 AM
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by putermcgee View Post
in the end, this is a lot better than tower of fortune, and I had some fun. however, it would be hard for me to recommend this to a friend. whether that's due to a lack of friends or not is another question...
Haha OK! So what about this: Recommend it to friends while it's free, and stop recommending it as soon as it goes back to paid. Deal?
Old 01-27-2013, 04:30 PM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

I just got the BazookaTime's Spear and I am freakin' EXCITED!

Hehe, sorry about that. This game was released at a time when I was only checking TA for the news and reviews, and wasn't active in the forums at all. I didn't realise that some of the unique weapons would be named after TA members, so that was a nice surprise.

Recently been playing through the game again, it's excellent. Really looking forward to King Cashing 2!