★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Reviews:

Appletell 4 Stars

I personally cant even think of another game to compare this to, and that fact had me intrigued throughout the quick comic book style introduction."

148Apps 4.5 Stars

The best feature of the game is the virtual skydiving as well as the attention to level design. I took High Flyer Death Defyers for a spin and was surprised at the level of entertainment it provided. Indie developers such as Game Mechanic Studios are a true source of innovation.

TUAW 4 Stars

I really like its scope, it is an iOS game that's really trying to do something different, something really fun, and look really good doing it.

iLounge B-

The musics quite good: it wouldnt be out of place in an intense scene in an action movie, and combines nicely with sound effects such as air whooshing by.

iBirdy 4 Stars

The game takes place in the post-apocalyptic world where the whole human population lives in the cities that are high in the sky, and there is a group of skydiving explorers that search for new cities and treasures.

Appolicious

Rating: Recommended

I love the concept of this game."

PocketGamer

Rating: Bronze Award

The constant free fall mechanic is entertaining, with your hero spinning downward and the cloudy skies blurring past you. As it is, High Flyer Death Defyer looks good, plays well, and brings originality to the arcade genre.

High Flyer Death Defyer

High Flyer Death Defyer is an exciting action packed adventure through the skies of Machine City. Get ready for the free flight of your life. Strap on your jetpack and jump! Follow the story of Arreon as he sets out to discover new places and goes on a search for rare treasure. His journey will take him on a quest that is more than he could have ever imagined. As Arreon you will collect treasure, discover floating islands, and speed dive through the air to answer one of many questions. Are you the fastest Death Defyer? How much treasure have you collected? What islands have you discovered? Did you get the Golden Jetpack? Prepare yourself for mind blowing deathtraps and giant beasts in a world that has been reborn in the sky. Stay off the radar and guide Arreon through 27 missions in a fully 3D world. High Flyer Death Defyer is an original game experience that has been optimized for the iPhone 4. There's only one way to fly in the future, fly high and death defy.

*ONLY FOR THE iPHONE 4 ARCHITECTURE OR ABOVE

Non Linear Level Design
Play using either the joystick or the accelerometer with Analog Controls
Encounter Giant Beasts and Lethal Deathtraps
Customizable options to suit every players gaming style
Amazing Soundtrack
Comic Book Story told in 100+ Pages
2 Playable Characters
Hours of replayability
Accessible to players of all skill levels Casual to Core
High Flyer Store
41 Cool Achievements!

The future starts now! Grab a jetpack and let's go!!

Game Mechanic Studios is extremely excited to share our first game with everyone on the App Store. It was a very ambitious undertaking so we hope you enjoy it! There is a lot more to come so stay tuned!!

goiMot's comments:

10-05-2011, 09:20 AM
Wowser, this looks seriously cool. I remember reading about this a few months back and seeing a very early vid. Well, it's sure evolved into something special. Can't wait to take it for a test-flight tonight -- hey, it's isn't a crime to end with a rhyme is it?!

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja

10-05-2011, 09:23 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
This looks seriously sweet... Can't wait for this one to go live!

:;:CURRENT 'FAVORITES' FOLDER:;:
Cardinal Quest 2, Pixel Dungeon, Asdivine Hearts, Super Retro Bros., Storm The Train
:;:GAMECENTER ID:;:
syntheticvoid
10-05-2011, 09:24 AM
Darn, iPhone 4 only. The cell-shades graphics look great.

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, FF Record Keeper, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
10-05-2011, 09:27 AM
Oh crap didn't see that... Any idea if that includes the 4th gen touch, or are we outta luck too?

Cardinal Quest 2, Pixel Dungeon, Asdivine Hearts, Super Retro Bros., Storm The Train
syntheticvoid
10-05-2011, 09:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Oh crap didn't see that... Any idea if that includes the 4th gen touch, or are we outta luck too?
Should be fine on 4th gen iPod Touch dude.

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
10-05-2011, 09:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
Darn, iPhone 4 only. The cell-shades graphics look great.
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
It says iPhone 4 "architecture" whatever that means! So perhaps the iPod Touch 4g is included in that?

The way to find out though would be to try and purchase from your device. The app store won't let you purchase and incompatible app right off the bat that way but via computer you can download anything you want - compatible or not!
10-05-2011, 09:46 AM
K I'll try and get it on my device... Really hope the touch can handle it, this game looks friggin sweet!

syntheticvoid
10-05-2011, 09:47 AM
Finally this came out!

I am not a dev, I just post here.
10-05-2011, 09:47 AM
This looks really great. Unclear if it would work on an ipad or not?