★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Miniclip.com
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 18.6 MB
  • Version: 1.0.4
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Download the FAADChat App by @FreeAppADay.com, make new friends and vote together to make the best paid apps like "Super Cyclone" FREE!"

Super Cyclone is a frantic space-shooter in a spiraling universe.

You are the lone pilot of a intercept-class patrol ship sent to defend groups of stargates on the outer reaches of the solar system. Species of alien hexapod are attacking the stargates in an effort to gain direct access to your planetary system.

Stop the alien nests from entering the gates while fending hordes of aliens coming for you.

Use all your available armaments including the mighty Cyclone, a very powerful weapon that can save you in the heat of the battle. But be careful: overuse it and your ship may explode

SUPER CYCLONE FEATURES:

24 aliens with their own evolutionary attack formations and unique behaviors
21 Stargates to defend + more levels on the way
Amazing hi-res graphics
Game Center Achievements
Interactive tutorial to learn how to play

REVIEWS:

"...trigger-happy shoot addicts should find a lot to like here." 7/10 pocketgamer.co.uk

"...its an excellent arcade-style shooter." 4/5 gamezebo.com

"Super Cyclone is a very solid package brought with loads of interesting enemies and levels to deal with. " 4/5 apptudes.com

"Super Cyclone has some fun ideas, such as the star-gates and alien nests, which ensure the gameplay is more interesting than simply shooting enemies endlessly." toucharcade.com

Check out a video of the game here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WWG28dIxuY

Try also the free web version of Super Cyclone on our website:
http://www.miniclip.com/games/supercyclone/en/

A game designed and developed by Playerthree Ltd

goiMot's comments:

TouchArcade front page review: http://toucharcade.com/2011/10/11/super-cyclone-review/
10-05-2011, 09:23 AM
This looks right up my street

Best Games: Tilt to Live, Mini Motor Racing, Death Rally, NBA Jam, Spirit, Silverfish, Flipship, Wispin, Space Tripper, Super Crossfire, Red Nova, Vertex Blaster, Modern Combat 2, Hard Lines, Sentinel 3, Mad Wheels .......Follow me on Twitter @unclelimey

10-05-2011, 12:00 PM
New trailer

Hi,

we have just uploaded a new trailer for Super Cyclone.
Please check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WWG28dIxuY

or here: http://www.supercyclonegame.com/

Have fun!

Luigi
10-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by luigi_playerthree View Post
Hi,

we have just uploaded a new trailer for Super Cyclone.
Please check it out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WWG28dIxuY

or here: http://www.supercyclonegame.com/

Have fun!

Luigi

Good luck with the game, I will be buying it as soon as it hits the UK.. Any word on a possible iPad version or universal update down the line?

Best Games: Tilt to Live, Mini Motor Racing, Death Rally, NBA Jam, Spirit, Silverfish, Flipship, Wispin, Space Tripper, Super Crossfire, Red Nova, Vertex Blaster, Modern Combat 2, Hard Lines, Sentinel 3, Mad Wheels .......Follow me on Twitter @unclelimey
10-05-2011, 02:45 PM
This looks awesome! Love dual stick shooters-last week flip ship and now this

Check out my new website for everything Vita!!
please follow me on TWITTER
Am i man? or a very manly muppet??
10-05-2011, 03:43 PM
Game looks swwwwwwwwwwwweeeeeeeeeeeettt.

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
10-05-2011, 03:50 PM
Think I'll be getting this one as well!

Twitter: @back2this
10-05-2011, 04:04 PM
Right now Infinity Field and Alien Space Retro are my go-to dual stick space shooters, but I'm definately curious about this one. Love little details like the movement of the space ship as it turns.
10-05-2011, 05:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by awp69 View Post
Right now Infinity Field and Alien Space Retro are my go-to dual stick space shooters, but I'm definately curious about this one. Love little details like the movement of the space ship as it turns.
Both great dual stick shooters... Just wish Meteor Blitz had gamecenter

15 mins till this hits the UK

10-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Its not a bad game. graphics are very nice. I am sick of retro DS shooters. Its nice to have nice modern graphics for a change. I have only played first area - 7 missions. Each mission has a number of waves that need to be defeated to progress. I couldn't work out why I didn't get any stars. There is no descripition in the game that states what are the pre-requisits for stars. In fact this game needs detailed help section to explain various aspects of it.
You can only upgrade weapons at this stage. In the upgrade screen there are two other areas apart from weapons with tags "Coming Soon". That leads me to believe that this game is not completely finished and devs are planning to add ship upgrades as well.
There are 5 weapons including missiles. You can upgrade four weapons. For some reason you can't upgrade dual fire weapon. Upgrade screen needs to indicate what the upgrade does. Does it increase weapon effectiveness by 10%, 20%? You can gather coins while playing or purchase more coins via IAP. With some grinding you can get enough coins for an upgrade, but it can get a bit tedious. To be honest, I don't think I can even make accurate determinaltion if the upgrades are worth it or not because I don't know what exactly they do. For example, on the mission 7 I earned about 150 coins. Plasma weapon upgrade is worth 1000 coins. Not too unreasonable if the upgrade is good. I am not sure how many times the weapon can be upgraded either.

So far the missions involved destroying 3 kinds of enemies with varying attack patterns while focusing on destroying the Hive- green asteroid like sphere slowly approaching the gate. The first area was pretty easy - I just circled the Hive while shooting it. After destroying the hive getting rid of the swarmers was easy. Destroyed enemies leave behind glowing coins that you need to pick up. Its the games currency, I believe. One of my gripes is that the coins disappear too quickly.

Gameplay itself is enjoyable enough despite being a little repetitive. The playing area is not very big but similar in size to other "arena shooters" and is circular (as opposed to rectangular in retro games). There is a border denoted by a thin line that you can't cross.

Overall, I am enjoying this game. It does need some improvements but the fun factor is there. If devs keep improving it I believe it can be one of the best games out there. For the asking price I can recommend it.

Icon is a window to game's soul...