★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: From the creators of the #1 arcade hunting game, Big Buck Hunter Pro, comes the newest must-have hunting title for iOS -- Big Buck Safari®!

Big Buck Safari® takes you across the entire continent of Africa hunting Wildebeest, countless critters, and the 8 new trophy animals, which add a new twist to the game by challenging the player to take down Elephants, Giraffes, Rhinos and many more.

SIMPLE CONTROLS
No confusing navigation or disorienting scope work. Just tap to shoot and tap to reload! Simple and intuitive arcade fun with the replayability you've come to expect from the Big Buck Hunter series!

NEW ENGINE
Built from the ground up to feature spectacular animating 3D environments, smooth and realistic animal movements, and support for quality features gamers now come to expect like directional lighting and anti-aliasing.

AMAZING ADVENTURES
Embark first on a journey through Ethiopia, Kenya, and Tanzania hunting wildebeest, critters, and trophy animals across 60 unique and challenging scenarios. Expand your safari by taking on Cape Buffalo, Gemsbok, Kudu, and Sable!

GAME CENTER ACHIEVEMENTS/LEADERBOARDS
Join the hunt today and see how your abilities rank against your friends, as well as other big game hunters from around the world.

SuperHappyFunFun's comments:
Hi everyone,

Merge Interactive, formerly Super Happy Fun Fun, is proud to announce our latest universal app release, Big Buck Safari, for the iOS platform.

Just to be clear, NO animals were hurt during the production of Big Buck Safari. Just a few engineers and artists!

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/big-buck-safari/id461109548?mt=8

Big Buck Safari® takes you across the entire continent of Africa hunting Wildebeest, countless critters, and the 8 new trophy animals, which add a new twist to the game by challenging the player to go after Elephants, Giraffes, Rhinos and many more.

NEW ENGINE
Built from the ground up to feature spectacular and animating 3D environments, a new skeletal based animation system for smooth and realistic animal movement, and support for quality features gamers now come to expect like directional lighting and anti-aliasing.

SIMPLE CONTROLS
No confusing navigation or disorienting scope work. Just intuitive arcade fun with the replayability you've come to expect from the Big Buck Hunter series!

WILDEBEEST ADVENTURE
Journey through Ethiopia, Kenya, and Tanzania hunting wildebeest, critters, and trophy animals across 60 unique and challenging scenarios.

BONUS GAMES
Try your luck in the Waterfall, Pinwheel, and Frog Hop bonus games.

GAME CENTER ACHIEVEMENTS/LEADERBOARDS
Join the hunt today and see how your abilities rank against your friends, as well as other big game hunters from around the world.

COMING SOON!

The Cape Buffalo Adventure
3 New Bonus Games
Pass-to-Play Multiplayer
Arcade Game Finder
Play Mechanix Account Integration

All of us here are absolutely excited about this release and we hope you enjoy it. Get it. Play it. Tell your friends.

Here are some screenshots and I'll try to get a gameplay video up soon.

10-17-2011, 06:42 PM
I just bought this and it is gorgeous...the blonde isn't bad looking either ;-) I am amazed at how awesome this looks on my iPad 2. I am curious...any chance Big Buck Hunter Pro will be updated to HD?? I would love that on the iPad as well. Thanks and keep up the great work!
11-04-2011, 05:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluray687 View Post
I just bought this and it is gorgeous...the blonde isn't bad looking either ;-) I am amazed at how awesome this looks on my iPad 2. I am curious...any chance Big Buck Hunter Pro will be updated to HD?? I would love that on the iPad as well. Thanks and keep up the great work!
First off, thanks for the comment and support. The team put in a lot of effort into delivering a top quality game for the fans, and it's nice to hear that our players are enjoying it.

Also, it would be a good time to let everyone know that we submitted our first Safari update to Apple on Tuesday and we hope to be live next week.

The Cape Buffalo adventure will make its appearance along with 3 new bonus games, pass-to-play multiplayer, an in-app arcade game finder, and the ability for players with CoinUp accounts to login and view their arcade Trophy Club, Tournament, and Hunting Party stats right from the app.

We're very excited about this release and we've already started on the next one, which we hope to release in early December.

As for Big Buck Hunter Pro getting a make over, It's certainly in my plans, along with trying to get Open Season support, but no dates have been set.

Thanks again to everyone who has supported the Big Buck series over the past 2 years. We greatly appreciate it and look forward to continued support of both products.

Tell your friends, rate the product, and come join the hunt today!
11-09-2011, 11:52 AM
Hi everyone!

Just a quick update to let you know that the first official update to Big Buck Safari is now live on iTunes.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/big-buck-safari/id461109548?ls=1&mt=8

Features:
The Cape Buffalo Adventure
Drumbeat, Turtle Toss, and Pygmy Bird Bonus Games
4-Player Pass-to-Play Multiplayer
Arcade Game Finder
CoinUp(R) Account Integration

Enjoy!