★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Simone Basini
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 14.6 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Halloween night is coming and the Monsters are gathering at all the darkest spots around the world. How can a simple PaperPlane stop flying Zombies, Witches, Ghosts and Vampires?

- Hand-made graphic in high resolution for Retina Display;
- Infinite game action, flight as long as you can killing and avoiding the flying monsters that will try to stop you;
- The longer you resist, the greater the difficulty of the game;
- Customize your airplane with the "Paperplane Builder." Save up to 3 airplanes and try various combinations of the characteristics of your airplane (Agility, Size, Bomb, Shield and Luck) for a gaming experience always new.
- Collect coins to increase your score and power-ups to activate the special powers;
- Integration with Game Center, the ranking of best scores of players around the world;
- More than 20 achievements to unlock;
- Simple and intuitive control system with Joystick, Touch or Accelerometer.

LivingPixelGames's comments:

Hello! My new (and first) game is finally available to buy on the App Store!

PaperPlane vs. Monsters is an infinite vertical scrolling shooting game, where you will have to survive as long as you can, avoiding and shooting the flying monsters

Features:
  • Hand-made graphic in high resolution for Retina Display
  • Infinite game action, flight as long as you can killing and avoiding the flying monsters that will try to stop you
  • The longer you resist, the greater the difficulty of the game
  • Customize your airplane with the "Paperplane Builder." Save up to 3 airplanes and try various combinations of the characteristics of your airplane (Agility, Size, Bomb, Shield and Luck) for a gaming experience always new
  • Collect coins to increase your score and power-ups to activate the special powers
  • Gather the pumpkins to accumulate the powerfull PumpkinBombs that with a simple tap on screen can destroy everything at once
  • Integration with Game Center, the ranking of best scores of players around the world
  • More than 20 achievements to unlock
  • Simple and intuitive control system with Accelerometer
VERSION 1.1 IS AVAILABLE!
  • Added support for Joystick and Touch controls.

You can buy PaperPlane vs. Monsters here on App Store at 0.99$

Lite version is available to try here: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/paperplane-vs.-monsters-lite/id472388290?l=it&ls=1&mt=8

10-06-2011, 04:40 AM
I'm a sucker for a good shmup, might have to give this one a go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingPixelGames View Post
[*]Simple and intuitive control system
How so?

Oh, and are there any boss battles?

10-06-2011, 04:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weehomer View Post
I'm a sucker for a good shmup, might have to give this one a go!

How so?

Oh, and are there any boss battles?
No there aren't bosses right now. Main goal is to survive as long as possible while the waves of enemies become more and more quick.

You control the plane simply by tilting the device and tap anywhere on the screen do drop a Pumpkin-Bomb!
10-06-2011, 04:53 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Damn.. Was interested until you said tilt. Why, oh why do devs try and make shmups with tilt controls? There's not one shmup that works well with tilt controls.
10-06-2011, 04:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingPixelGames View Post
You control the plane simply by tilting the device and tap anywhere on the screen do drop a Pumpkin-Bomb!
Any chance for an update to include relative touch controls? Not a big fan of tilt controls in a shmup!
10-06-2011, 04:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Damn.. Was interested until you said tilt. Why, oh why do devs try and make shmups with tilt controls? There's not one shmup that works well with tilt controls.
I've choosed tilt control becouse of the little screen of iphone, with a finger on the screen is much more difficult to see the enemies and bullets from behind in my opinion.
Especially becouse of the enemies that spawn from the lower angles.
I think that with the option to choose the agility and size of the plane you can build a plane nice to control also with tilt control
10-06-2011, 05:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weehomer View Post
Any chance for an update to include relative touch controls? Not a big fan of tilt controls in a shmup!
If it is a much requested feature I can implement it. I thought, however, to put it in a future version for the iPad becouse of the bigger screen.
10-06-2011, 05:06 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
**original message deleted**

Wow I'm a dick... Nothing against you, just bad experience with devs all last night...

But I will say you're wrong about the small screen... And if you add touch controls, your game will sell better. That's all I'm gonna say...

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 10-06-2011 at 05:09 AM.
10-06-2011, 05:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
But I will say you're wrong about the small screen... And if you add touch controls, your game will sell better.
Thanks for the advice Syntheticvoid. They are much appreciated!

Last edited by LivingPixelGames; 10-06-2011 at 05:16 AM.
10-06-2011, 05:18 AM
Well I can see your point, but it's always good to give players options on controls, I've played a ton of shmups and I can't think of one that uses tilt controls that's still on my device.

Thanks for the replies and good luck on your game!

Oh, any chance of a "lite" version? Would at least give it a try then.