★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: From the developers who brought you Prison Escape and Cat Attack...

Zombie Bumper Cars follows the adventures of Tim- a rebellious boy who heads to the local fairground after dark.

Tim finds himself confronted by ghouls of the night as they force him to compete to the end in one of several booby-trapped bumper car arenas.

Use the thumb pad to guide Tim's Bumper Car around the arena and bump into as many zombies as you can until their heads roll off!

Score bonus points by squashing each head as they roll about the arena floor.

Watch out though- avoid being bumped by those pesky zombies and steer clear of the traps and obstacles or you too may lose your head!

Bump your way though 48 sub-levels and 8 arenas in this full 3D arcade game. Each new arena features different themes, challenging obstacles and stronger, faster zombies.

Share your score with your friends on Facebook. Tweet those high scores as you discover new arenas or claim you position on the leaderboards of Openfeint.

FEATURES!

8 levels, 6 waves each across 4 themed arenas.

3d racing game play.

Knock the heads off enemy zombies with your bumper car to win.

Splat the knocked off heads with your car for a health boost.

Openfeint integration: achievements and global high scores.

Facebook and Twitter integration. Share your scores online with friends.

Survive traps such as crushers and pinball saucers.

Future updates planned with additional game content.

__

If you like Zombie Bumper Cars, please review! Your continued support will lead to further game updates- more adventures in Zombie Bumper Cars await!
10-06-2011, 09:44 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
haha... is there a gameplay vid?

10-06-2011, 09:46 AM
Lite version and trailer out now too

Please feel free to check out the lite version, which can be found here:
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/zombie-bumper-cars-lite/id468497647?mt=8

Also, we have a trailer video now too.

Edit: **Wrong video, see new one two posts below**

Any comments or support would be absolutely great. We really hope you enjoy Zombie Bumper Cars, more updates and additional game content planned!

Last edited by OneButtonJoypad; 10-06-2011 at 11:09 AM. Reason: Quick bug fix
10-06-2011, 09:47 AM
that video looks like it has some pretty bad framerate issues, while the joystick isn't skipping or lagging at all... =o/

Looks really weird...
10-06-2011, 11:07 AM
Those responsible for sacking the video editors who have just been sacked have been sacked.

Here's the latest trailer:

Youtube link | Pop Up
10-06-2011, 11:09 AM
yeah that one does look a lot better, thank you for posting! Think I'm gonna nab this one for my kids... looks like they'd really enjoy it. =oD
10-06-2011, 05:30 PM
Got this for my daughter, but of course I had to have a go (or two) at it myself! Control of your car is tight and MAN, I was getting dizzy playing it! I always wanted a good bumper car type of game, and this could be it with a couple of tweaks. One finger control is cool, and soon I wished I could go in reverse to slam the other cars, and that leads me to the next thing, which is that there needs to be more of an 'impact' feeling of hitting the other cars. A jolting hit. The players' heads snap back, which is fun, but maybe it's just because the sounds are so out of sync with the hits that I'm not digging it more. Blood would be nice, too, but not a big deal. The carnival music is perfect for this and I enjoy it. All in all, could be good with an update. Doesn't scratch the itch I have jonesing for a really well made demolition derby 'in the arena' type game I keep wishing SOMEONE would make here, (hint, hint) but in the end this is a light-hearted arcadey game I think people will find enjoyable. And the new video is a much better representation of the game than the first one was, by the way.
10-06-2011, 06:05 PM
I just noticed Slide to Play tweeted this as one of their 'under the radar' indie games for the week. I'll try the lite.

ıllıllı ȼǥɲƹƮȿƹ˅ƹɲ ıllıllı
DEVELOPERS I ADORE
CAT IN A BOX QUANTUM SHEEP CS54 ONE MINUTE GAMES ELEFTHERIOS CHRISTODOULATOS RAVENOUS GAMES ORANGE PIXEL RADIANGAMES CAVE LLAMASOFT (RIP) MADFINGER PASTA GAMES TOUCH FOO KODE80
10-06-2011, 06:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CygnetSeven View Post
I just noticed Slide to Play tweeted this as one of their 'under the radar' indie games for the week. I'll try the lite.
ditto!
10-07-2011, 10:50 PM
Thank you!

Thanks very much for the great feedback and comments! There may be many Zombie games out there, but Bumper Cars have always been criminally under represented. We plan on updating the game, please feel to review on the AppStore, all feedback is good feedback and iTunes reviews really help!