★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: A frenzied action puzzler for fans of the humble pin-back button.

Pins? Badges? Buttons? Whatever you call them, those brightly-colored discs of joy have been a firm pop culture favorite for generations. With a variety of themed pin sets, PIN FALL lets you become a badge collector without weighing down the lapels of your denim jacket!

Simply swipe matching pins as they fall down the screen. The longer your chain, the better your score - but don't get greedy or the pins will begin spilling out of the game area. A range of different modes will keep you busy:

Play through the LEVELS to unlock each set of pins. It might start easy, but your fingers will get a workout once the bomb patches are raining down!

Only got a couple of minutes to spare? Luckily that's exactly how long it takes to play a round of RUSH - race against the clock and make use of the score multipliers to get to the top of the leaderboards.

If the frantic action is raising your blood pressure, relax with the CHILL mode - a never-ending torrent of your collected pins to mesmerize you without worrying about bombs, time limits or letting the badges spill out.

Universal support means the eye-popping 3D effect looks great on your iPhone, iPod Touch, or iPad (latest generation of devices recommended for smoothest visuals)

coolpowers's comments:
Hey guys. I really didn't feel like talking about my new game yesterday for obvious reasons, but the show must go on and all that. And I am genuinely happy to announce:

10-06-2011, 11:27 AM

10-06-2011, 02:20 PM
The game seems nice, but are you sure about that price tag? I feel like people wouldn't pay that much for it... Or maybe that's just me.. but there are many 0.99 cent games which have longer or more detailed gameplay.

Again, this is not meant to be offensive.

Openfeint: littlezoe2
GameCenter: LittleZoeee
Currently Playing: Ghost Trick
10-06-2011, 02:30 PM
Yep the 1.99 price tag does seem quite high.
10-06-2011, 11:34 PM
Well we can have the App Store Economics discussion in another thread, but your input is appreciated.

The idea here btw is that this is just the beginning. Your two bucks gets you what I consider to be a fun game now, as well as the upcoming extras (more pins, extra modes, and so on) How soon those extras appear kinda depends on how many people trust me enough to buy right away
10-07-2011, 10:21 AM
Game Impressions

I grabbed it and can confirm it is cute grouping fun without any big surprises (i.e what you see is what you get).

Start a level, see you objective number of pins, and then start dragging a trail to connect as many pins as possible. The mechanics in connecting pins seems pretty generous as you can even connect pins with a significant gap between them. As far as I can tell a pin trail is only stopped if completely blocked off by other pins in the pile, but if there is even a small little gap the invisible trail can connect the two pins by, it's good. You group the same pins in big batches until you've reached your objective target amount of pins or too many pins fall out over the top.

Your score is based on the size of the group you make so while you could clear 100 pins by making 34 groups of 3 pins, if you managed to clear the pin by making 5 groups of 20 your score would be many magnitudes higher!

As far as I've seen there are only two special pieces, the x2 multipliers and the bombs (just double tap to defuse). Work as many x2 multipliers in your big group as possible to multiply that group's score through the roof. I'm still not entirely sure what the bomb does but blow pieces around. My best guess is letting a bomb blast might not immediately end your game but could result in several pieces falling over the top which then could mean the end of your game.

As the levels progress the pins drop in faster and faster meaning you'll need to work quicker to avoid the pocket over filling. The primary tactic I've used so far is trying to let groups build up to a large as possible size without letting any overflow. This is definitely one of those games that lets you play at your own level as it is easy enough to pass most levels if you play conservatively making as many quick little groups as possible to avoid any major pileups but this will not result in any huge scores compared to those who play it much closer to the edge getting the huge groups right before disaster sets in.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
10-07-2011, 11:48 PM
Thanks for the review, Tim! Yes, the key to the swiping mechanic is that the pins do not have to be touching - this isn't a bubble popper type of game. If you think your fingers have what it takes, you can snake around the whole screen to clear pins, as long as they match. And yes, the game is purposefully generous with hit detection (moreso on the handhelds than the iPad)

I think I'm seeing a need to be more explicit with instructions. If it's not immediately obvious why you don't want pins to spill over the top, the whole risk/reward thing is kinda minimized. I'll work on that in the next update, but basically you're only allowed a certain number of spills in Levels mode (it varies by level, and is indicated by the red bar on the bottom), whereas in Rush mode every pin that spills out reduces your score.

The bombs serve three purposes - breaking your chain, blasting pins around that can lead to spills, and blocking the playfield until you defuse them.

Now if I can show all this visually in-game, I'm golden

Hey, it's Friday, have some promo codes!

If you like it, spreading the word would be appreciated.
10-07-2011, 11:54 PM
Game Impressions & How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb

Took TH7PATP4E6TA, thx. Will post review asap.

Edit: Well, this is pretty FUN!

Not sure about the bombs as well and remove them as soon as possible esp. when lots of them start to clutter the playfield (sometimes they don't blast by simply tapping them, have to connect them with at least one pin or do a short swipe/slice gesture), those little bastards can even bump/bounce some 2x-bonus icons out of the screen (and the icons will NOT come back).

Played eight levels in a row (struggled only once) and made 4/15 OpenFeint achievements in ten minutes or so. Love the natural clicking sound of the colliding pins. VERY motivating background sounds (applause & voices of an invisible crowd in a club—pretty well faded/balanced and fit perfectly to the results/actions—anyway there could be some cheering/shouting out encouragement like "hop hop hop!" when otherwise nothing special happens for a while).

Runs stable and smooth on my iPad 2 so far. Will pick it up again for sure. Pin Fall is a good and promising casual game. Thanks once more!

Should I love or hate the bomb?

Hurry up! Handpicked & Time-Limited App Store FREEbies & Sales
(Blog German-language; but you'll find all links, pics, and videos.)

Last edited by Habakuk; 10-08-2011 at 12:48 AM.
10-08-2011, 06:22 AM
Looks like a funny game, thanks for F4W9P6XTWJJA
11-02-2011, 10:15 PM
Both Pin Fall and breakeroids are on sale this week, 99c. It's my post-Halloween-get-your-discounted-candy-and-iOS-games sale.

Can't believe Pin Fall is this unloved though. I know it's not exactly the only match 3 game out there, but I truly believe it has something different (which is why I made it!). Ah well, c'est la vie.