★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Helium Boy is an original 3D platform game for iOS, inspired by classic games like Balloon Fight and Balloon Kid. Use your helium filled balloons to fly through diverse, colorful environments and collect all the stars. Watch out for birds, ninjas and spikey things and don't fall into the water!

Helium Boy features full 3D Retina graphics with a cute artstyle. 8 challenging stages, all with unique environments and different types of gameplay. Full 3D gameplay, as well as a couple of traditional sidescrolling stages. Two difficulty modes: in beginner mode you can play the stages at you own pace and easily collect all the stars, but in normal mode the screen is scrolling automatically and constantly forces you to move forward, so you have to find the perfect route to get all the stars before they leave the screen.

Controls:
The game uses an onscreen gamepad. Touch the directional pad to move in the character in any direction. Press the Jump button repeatedly to fly with the balloons. If the balloons pop, press the Pump button to get new ones, or jump around without them. You can also let go of the balloons at any time by pressing the Drop button.

arta's comments:

No idea if this is good or not, just saw it on Neogaf.
10-07-2011, 02:28 AM
Hmm, looks quite cute. Not sure if the control is good though. Will keep an eye on it.

10-07-2011, 02:36 AM
I'm extremely interested in this game. I'd like to find out how many levels it has, and anything else I can.
10-07-2011, 02:38 AM
It apparently has 8 levels. I might try it out later.
10-07-2011, 03:00 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Only 8 levels? Any idea how big they are?
10-07-2011, 03:27 AM
For 8 levels, I hope it's not the usual "short and simple" level. It would be great if each level consists of a big and vast environment to explore...
10-07-2011, 03:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatevax View Post
For 8 levels, I hope it's not the usual "short and simple" level. It would be great if each level consists of a big and vast environment to explore...
Hi I'm the developer of this game.
The levels each take about 3-4 minuts to play through (without dying) and they're almost all unique environments. There is no exploring though, the camera moves in a fixed path and forces you to constantly move forward, which is where a lot of the challenge is born. The real challenge though is to get 100% of the stars on every level, which will take you a lot of time.

//Bertil
10-07-2011, 05:53 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
So it takes 20 minutes to get through? Pretty sure I'm skipping this one... I've got plenty of 20 minute platformers to be disappointed by already...
10-07-2011, 06:01 AM
Cool

I would have bought if universal, looks good

Where ever you go, there you are...
----------------------------------------
You had me at universal...
ipad2 & iPhone 5
10-07-2011, 06:04 AM
JUSTIN BIEBER! lol.

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3