★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Recipe: Take 6 funny zombie types, mingle with 12 lethal weapons. Put them into a charming wild west town, add some cute characters, refine with groovy music and flavour with a variety of brutal gore-scenes.

Take two cooks, bake it up for about 3 months and youll get:

Django West vs. The Barefoot Zombie Gang

Press reception:

Markus Boeck of app-score.com rated this game 9/10 and writes:
"I absolutely loved the game and its going to stay on my iOS device the graphics are cartoonish, the control system is unique and the game has many funny characters and weapons scattered throughout the game. Its free on the App Store, so why are you still here? Go and download it now trust me, its worth it!"
Read more: http://app-score.com/django-west-vs-tbzg/

Rob Rich posted on his 148apps blog:
"If nothing else, its apparent from the trailer below that Django West vs. the Barefoot Zombie Gang has a boxing glove gun. A boxing glove gun. I can bop zombies in the face with an extend-o-fist and make their noggins explode. How wacky-awesome is that?"
Read more: http://www.148apps.com/news/django-west-barefoot-zombie-gang-real-title/#ixzz1bKZs9BDD

Django West's comments:
Hi!

We are proud to present our first release on the Apple App Store.

Howdy !

There is a land where the undead form bands and make illegal music. And one of the most craziest bands is the "Barfoot Zombie Gang". Another problem is that the zombies eat the civilians, since they came to Deadend City.
You are Django West, the sheriff of Deadend, who carries al lot of devastating weapons against the hordes. Since there is only one.

Video:

Youtube link | Pop Up

Screenshots:

Features:
  • Wild west town called Dead End
  • Django West, the cynical and hardboiled sheriff of Dead End
  • 6 cute and charming zombie characters
  • 12 hilarious weapons
  • 21 stages of various length
  • bloody, over-the-top gore scenes
  • groovy music

Links:
Game Website
Company Website
10-07-2011, 07:42 AM

10-07-2011, 07:45 AM
All the zombies have shoes in the screenshots. False advertising.
10-07-2011, 08:49 AM
Meybe they've just got dirty feet from running around in the dust ;-).
10-07-2011, 08:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Django West View Post
Meybe they've just got dirty feet from running around in the dust ;-).
How many people have been working on this game, or was it just yourself?

@wheresmb
10-07-2011, 08:53 AM
We are 2 people. I am the programmer and general tech guy. My partner is doing all the graphics and animation.
10-07-2011, 08:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Django West View Post
We are 2 people. I am the programmer and general tech guy. My partner is doing all the graphics and animation.
Awesome. Hopefully you'll get many downloads.

@wheresmb
10-07-2011, 10:04 AM
Thank you very much Stream. Development has taken some time and a few downloads would be a nice reward for the countless hours and long evenings. :-)

Keep an eye on Polymer Games:
Website
Twitter
Facebook
10-07-2011, 10:19 PM
Game Impressions

Not bad at all, I'm fairly impressed. While there's not much new on offer here, the execution hits all the right notes that matter. The balance is nice, the weapons have clearly had some thought put into them as opposed to just throwing in whatever "sounds cool," the gameplay is smooth and the character movement is nice, controls do the job well (though I am yet to test them on the iPad,) and the presentation is par at worst. At minimum price plus universal this is a bargain overall and no mistake.
10-08-2011, 06:43 AM
Hi Gabrien,
glad you like the game. Did you get to the Iron Fist already? This thing still gets me laughing although having seen it for 3 month straight during development.
We tried out several schemes to handle the controls and I am relieved that feedback has been positive until now. When you try out the game on iPad, please let me know how you got along with that and I if not feel free to make suggestions on how to improve it.

Keep an eye on Polymer Games:
Website
Twitter
Facebook