★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Greed Corp the XBLA, PSN and PC hit is coming to the iPad!

10-07-2011, 08:28 AM
Greed Corp the XBLA, PSN and PC hit is coming to the iPad!

Hello everybody,

(Reposted this one since it was posted in the section for released games).

Yesterday our development and publishing partner Invictus Games already mentioned the news of the imminent release of Greed Corp for the iPad on their website. Therefore, i thought i would not hurt to share some additional information on these forums as well

Greed Corp is a turn-based strategy game that released last year on Xbox360, PlayStation3 and PC. It did very well with the critics and it became very popular among strategy games on the console and PC platforms. We are very happy that a fully featured port of the game is coming to the iPad soon.

(Screenshot taken from the PSN version. iPad shots coming soon)

Greed Corp is all about finding a balance between harvesting the land for resources and preserving it to stay alive. Will you defend your territory or sacrifice it to keep it out of enemy hands? Manage the finite available resources to build your army and use the collapsing terrain to your advantage. Destroy your enemies, or destroy the very land they stand on, before they do it to you!

Greed Corp is set in a steampunk-inspired world called Mistbound. This large piece of land is slowly succumbing to the surrounding mist because of the heavy industrialization. With no technology to escape the mist and with the landmass becoming smaller every day, four factions battle it out for survival.

The game features:

A campaign mode with 4 chapters spread over 24 unique maps including an extensive tutorial.

An innovative land collapsing mechanic, that creates intense strategic battles.

2, 3, and 4-player battles spread across 36 maps.

Customizable cross platform (iOS, Android and Mac) multi-player matches with any combination of local, online, and computer players (with three difficulty levels)

Earn Trophies and titles, and climb the online leaderboards playing as one of four factions in bite-sized matches of around 20 minutes

A trailer featuring iPad gameplay can be seen here.

More information on the game can be found here.

Please feel free to ask questions regarding the game in this thread, we will do our best to answer them as quickly as we can.

Cheers,
Marco
Vanguard Games
10-07-2011, 08:36 AM
I really love everything you've done so far and i'm really happy to see that you're bringing greed corp to the ipad! With Online multiplayer !
1) Will you add any ipad 2 optimisation?
2) When will the game be out? The website says "by the end of October" is it already in the approval queue?
3) How much will it cost?
4) Is gatling gears next?

Follow me on Twitter for all the latest iOS news. And sometimes more.

10-09-2011, 04:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MvanHaren_VanguardGames View Post

Customizable cross platform (iOS, Android and Mac) multi-player matches with any combination of local, online, and computer players (with three difficulty levels)
[/URL]
Hi there, I got Greed Corp. via Steam for PC. Will I be able to play against my kids on the iPad?

Now playing: Unworded, Aurora Puzzle Adventure, Steamworld Heist, PinOut!, Sproggiwood, Colorcube, kubic, Mekorama, Open Bar!
Waiting for: Any Star Realms expansion, Nyheim, Onirim
10-12-2011, 02:36 AM
Hi Killercow,

The game will run even smoother on iPad2, but beyond that no, additional optimisations are currently planned.

The game had been submitted to Apple at the start of this week and the current planned release date is October 26. Keep in mind that this is a planned date and not the final date

We are still finalizing pricing, but i expect the game to cost 4,99 dollars (3,99 Euro) on the iPad.

We would love to do a tablet version of Gatling Gears, but there are no real plans for it yet

Cheers,
Marco
10-12-2011, 05:16 AM
I'm really excited for this. Possibly even my most anticipated game in months!

How will the iPad graphics compare to XBL/PSN?

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja
10-12-2011, 05:54 AM
I really love this game swift and active one.
10-12-2011, 01:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MvanHaren_VanguardGames View Post
Hi Killercow,

The game will run even smoother on iPad2, but beyond that no, additional optimisations are currently planned.

The game had been submitted to Apple at the start of this week and the current planned release date is October 26. Keep in mind that this is a planned date and not the final date

We are still finalizing pricing, but i expect the game to cost 4,99 dollars (3,99 Euro) on the iPad.

We would love to do a tablet version of Gatling Gears, but there are no real plans for it yet

Cheers,
Marco
Thanks a lot! Can't wait for it

Follow me on Twitter for all the latest iOS news. And sometimes more.
10-31-2011, 03:17 AM
Hello everyone,

Greed Corp HD will release on iPad this Wednesday (2 November) for 4,99 Dollar / 3,99 Euro.

Cheers,

Marco
Vanguard
10-31-2011, 05:40 AM
nice! ill be buying for sure!
10-31-2011, 12:22 PM
Alternatively, a launch sale will go down well with us! =p

This is a full port right? With nothing left out or changed? Can we expect the same graphical quality?

Last edited by violentv; 10-31-2011 at 02:11 PM.