★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: BubbleDodger (by COB Games)

10-07-2011, 08:56 AM
BubbleDodger (by COB Games)

Youtube link | Pop Up

Simple game, yet addicting.

⋆⋆Addicting and Fun!!!⋆⋆

⋆⋆Featured in the What's Hot section for Family and Strategy!⋆⋆

⋆⋆How many times can you make it back and forth?⋆⋆

⋆Swim back and forth across the level as many times as you can without running into the bubbles.

⋆Increasing difficulty.

⋆Select from 4 different color dodgers.

⋆Also beware of the sea enemies. Run into them and it's GAME OVER!

⋆Navigate using the on screen joystick or switch to tilt controls to use the devices built in accelerometer.

⋆In a pinch and need to go faster, just hold down the boost button.

Game Modes:

Survival - swim back and forth dodging the bubbles and enemies for as long as you can.

Time Attack - same as survival only there is a timer that will also be bearing down on you.

Journey - Swim your way through the ocean as far as you can without running into the bubbles or other enemies of the sea.

-Follow us on Twitter: @COBGames
-Like us on Facebook: COBGames

http://youtu.be/6jFhLi1a_AA

Last edited by COBGames; 11-01-2011 at 07:51 AM.
10-07-2011, 08:58 AM

@wheresmb

10-07-2011, 06:18 PM
any feedback?
10-10-2011, 08:38 AM
an update has been submitted to apple due to high score menu not populating high scores correctly. thanks.

and if you'd like to try it out before you buy, here is the lite version (same highscore fix has been submitted to apple for it as well):

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bubbledodger-lite/id460715067?mt=8
10-25-2011, 06:55 AM
new game trailer! check it out!

http://youtu.be/6jFhLi1a_AA

Last edited by COBGames; 10-25-2011 at 06:58 AM.
10-25-2011, 08:53 AM
free promo codes in the giveaway section! limited amount though.
10-25-2011, 05:53 PM
Game Impressions

Posted in the promo section, but doing it again here because its more populated and everyone will see this and hopefully the dev will get some downloads.

Basically, the survival mode is a slightly different take on an endless runner, with bubbled coming up at you and you dodging the bubbles, there are some distractions thrown in like an octopus will spray ink on your screen and you still have to dodge. There's also a 'proper' endless runner mode involved and a time attack which i have yet to play.

This game is actually quite fun, the only thing that the game leaves desired are animations (which can be fixed obviously). The game's art style is cartoony and cute, very Disney-esque, and the game has that 'one more game' appeal. I went to play it once this morning when i got a promo code and ended up playing 6 or 7 games in a row before stopping to leave some impressions for the developer.
I am a sucker for endless runners, but at the same time I dont usually play an endless runner that much unless there's some sort of quality that is objectively good about it. The game's artwork and scenery in game probably help propel the game to this, as well as the controls working quite nicely. Overall, its a bit rough around the edges but, its worth 99 cents IMO
10-25-2011, 08:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOstrich View Post
Posted in the promo section, but doing it again here because its more populated and everyone will see this and hopefully the dev will get some downloads.

Basically, the survival mode is a slightly different take on an endless runner, with bubbled coming up at you and you dodging the bubbles, there are some distractions thrown in like an octopus will spray ink on your screen and you still have to dodge. There's also a 'proper' endless runner mode involved and a time attack which i have yet to play.

This game is actually quite fun, the only thing that the game leaves desired are animations (which can be fixed obviously). The game's art style is cartoony and cute, very Disney-esque, and the game has that 'one more game' appeal. I went to play it once this morning when i got a promo code and ended up playing 6 or 7 games in a row before stopping to leave some impressions for the developer.
I am a sucker for endless runners, but at the same time I dont usually play an endless runner that much unless there's some sort of quality that is objectively good about it. The game's artwork and scenery in game probably help propel the game to this, as well as the controls working quite nicely. Overall, its a bit rough around the edges but, its worth 99 cents IMO
Thanks for the feedback!
10-26-2011, 08:43 AM
I have begun working on improving the animations!
10-27-2011, 10:53 AM
So who wants promo codes? I think I have about 15 or so left.

If I can get over 100 downloads on Bubble Dodger Lite:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/bubbledodger-lite/id460715067?mt=8

I will release more promo codes tomorrow once I see the downloads.

Last edited by COBGames; 10-27-2011 at 12:51 PM.