★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Super Horsey Free For A Limited Time!

11-10-2008, 08:26 PM
#1
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA
Posts: 1,401
Super Horsey Free For A Limited Time!

That's right peeps, the game that started it all is now on sale...

For those of u that don't remember here's the link: http://forums.toucharcade.com/showth...ghlight=horsey
11-10-2008, 08:29 PM
#2
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 1,549
This is a puzzle game where you represent the Knight chess piece, and you have to navigate a maze by only making "L" shaped moves... I'm amazed that it's over 11mb, and as of now it has one 3 star review..

11-10-2008, 08:37 PM
#3
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: NJ
Posts: 292
I was too late in posting this news!! Too bad that Mr. Ahiru never provided the review. Get it while you can!!!

Armbruster, we need your review on this one!

Last edited by vandy1997; 11-10-2008 at 08:48 PM.
11-10-2008, 09:05 PM
#4
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA
Posts: 1,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by vandy1997 View Post
Too bad that Mr. Ahiru never provided the review
Of course he didn't, he was the D after all...
11-10-2008, 09:18 PM
#5
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: MD, USA
Posts: 1,549
Well I gave this game a shot, and if i rated it in the App store, i would give it a 3/5... on my 3G, the game is sluggish, and well it's just not my cup of tea.

It is free, so check it out for the soundtrack, and if you like these types of puzzles, then it may be right up your alley! I'll keep it on my phone and play later when I have time, and am looking forward to more reviews to contrast with my own experience.

PS thanks for the link to that other post with Mr. Ahiru, I can't believe i missed all that!

Plus+ ID: Wegmans
11-10-2008, 09:27 PM
#6
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA
Posts: 1,401
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wegmans View Post
Well I gave this game a shot, and if i rated it in the App store, i would give it a 3/5... on my 3G, the game is sluggish, and well it's just not my cup of tea.

It is free, so check it out for the soundtrack, and if you like these types of puzzles, then it may be right up your alley! I'll keep it on my phone and play later when I have time, and am looking forward to more reviews to contrast with my own experience.
Damn, i just downloaded this thing. I'll give it a shot, see what happens.

Quote:
PS thanks for the link to that other post with Mr. Ahiru, I can't believe i missed all that!
hahahahahhaha. Yeah, that's why we're legends...What ever happened to dudehuge tho, anyone heard of 'em?
11-10-2008, 10:53 PM
#7
I have to say the negative space on the buttons bothers me a bit. But that's just the nagging designer inside me. My biggest problem with this game is the fact that you always have to start over at round 1. It feels like the game should remember what round I got to. I feel this should be a standard on puzzle type iphone games. Since the nature of the game is something you should be able to pick up and play quick. This gets a bit bothersome when you have to get through the puzzles you already memorized to the ones that challenge you. All in all the puzzles are fun and I think the game has potential. I don't think I would pay for it in it's current state though.

kwigbo.com - iPhone dev blog with code snippets and more.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
iReviewFail.com Funny reviews from the iOS App Store
11-10-2008, 11:51 PM
#8
Joined: Oct 2008
Location: Phoenix, AZ, USA
Posts: 1,401
This game ain't bad. It's definitely challenging and thus worth a download. The Persian music is a plus but hey, who doesn't like Persian music?
11-11-2008, 02:09 PM
#9
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,268
i dont like the time aspect of it, i would rather spend the time trying to figure out the puzzle, and maybe set it down, and come back to it, but the time i tried it, it was timed...so ..meh
11-11-2008, 02:23 PM
#10
Joined: Sep 2008
Posts: 2,487
Quote:
Originally Posted by mek View Post
i dont like the time aspect of it, i would rather spend the time trying to figure out the puzzle, and maybe set it down, and come back to it, but the time i tried it, it was timed...so ..meh
Totally agree. Would much rather spend the time trying to solve the puzzle. Having the timer doesn't give me the satisfaction of planning a move as I, well, basically don't have time to plan. It's therefore a no-go for me.
Take out the timer and I'd play it some more, and as mentioned above, give me the ability to go back to the level I'm at rather than starting it again from level 1