★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Danger Alliance: Battles [Releasing 12th October] [TOME Studios]

10-08-2011, 01:51 AM
Danger Alliance: Battles [Releasing 12th October] [TOME Studios]

Hey!

The two of us over at TOME Studios have some exciting news! Danger Alliance: Battles is ready and it will be available on the App Store on October the 12th!

Danger Alliance brings tactical turn-based gaming to your fingertips, giving you a visually rich 3D battlefield upon which you will find squads of quirky characters wielding deadly, outlandishly oversized weapons. The goal of the game? Use your brain and their unique skills to humiliate your friends on the battlefield (using hot-seat style multiplayer), or take on the binary power of your advanced computing device (iPhone, iPad and iPod!) and pummel it, in-game, with your baseball bat or monkey wrench.

The first release, dubbed Danger Alliance: Battles has two game-modes based around a skirmish style of play, including ‘Strategic Victory’ and 'Elimination'. Each squad is customisable and the characters all have their own unique weapons and abilities. You need to learn their strengths and weakness and adjust your tactics accordingly and, as you increase your mastery, the AI is ready to ramp up with you. It’s like Chess, with rocket launchers. We’re giving the game away for free with a single battlefield to play on in the "Lite" version, and if you'd like to help us out; paid users will get even more gorgeous, highly tactical battlefields and additional characters to continue the action!

Youtube link | Pop Up

TOME Studios - 2 Guys, One massive, beautiful, tactical project - Danger Alliance

Follow us on Facebook!

Last edited by TOMEStudios; 10-09-2011 at 01:56 AM.
10-08-2011, 01:57 AM
Ohmygod.

Cannot wait. :O

10-08-2011, 04:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyaTaku View Post
Ohmygod.

Cannot wait. :O
You are in my mind mate
10-08-2011, 04:55 AM
Looks very nice, 4-5 days to go!

@wheresmb
10-08-2011, 05:49 AM
Awesome is the dev team on here? any idea on price and filesize? im a bit ancey...begin the strategy nutjob gamer i am...lol

TESTING!-Most APPSASIA apps ...if your a dev hit me up and ill help.
*Member of the BETA TESTER ALLIANCE
MY PAST BETA LIST..
10-08-2011, 06:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trev1 View Post
Awesome is the dev team on here? any idea on price and filesize? im a bit ancey...begin the strategy nutjob gamer i am...lol
We're just finalising our pricing and I'll have word on that in a day or so. As for filesize, the upload to the app store came in at just over 60 Meg. It's a fine line to walk between size and gorgeous textures/animations but I think we nailed it.

TOME Studios - 2 Guys, One massive, beautiful, tactical project - Danger Alliance

Follow us on Facebook!
10-08-2011, 06:19 AM
60MEG is fine, can't wait.

@wheresmb
10-08-2011, 09:22 AM
great news!
10-08-2011, 09:28 AM
Seriously don't know if I have enough drool to last 'til wednesday... Me want now!
10-08-2011, 12:08 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMEStudios View Post
The first release, dubbed Danger Alliance: Battles has two game-modes based around a skirmish style of play, including ‘Strategic Victory’ and 'Elimination'.
What do you mean by the first release? Are sequels or other versions being anticipated?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOMEStudios View Post
...if you'd like to help us out; paid users will get even more gorgeous, highly tactical battlefields and additional characters to continue the action!
Can you elaborate on what will be included with paid version on launch? Is this insinuating additional material will continue to be updated or is this from the get go?

Thanks in advance. Looking forward to Danger Alliance.