★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Photics
  • Genre: Arcade
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 13.7 MB
  • Version: 1.1
  • Price: $0.99
  • Average User Rating: 3 (5)
App description: In Arch Fiery, it's OK to play with fire!

THE STORY:

Take control of a futuristic military weapon a miniaturized star. The "Arch Fiery" is an advanced prototype. It was designed to protect humanity from the AI threat. But during a routine systems test, something went astray. The fiery orb crash landed into a distant forest. Propulsion systems have been damaged. The Arch Fiery can no longer fly. It can only jump.

FEATURES:

Retina Display Graphics
Two control types (On-Screen or Accelerometer)
Designed to be fun for casual or advanced players
Designed to be pretty nice particle effects
Designed to be family friendly suitable for all ages

HOW TO PLAY:

Each level is an obstacle course. Guide the fireball to the goal by navigating through the hazards as quickly as possible. If the fireball hits a hazard, it becomes damaged and will shrink. Collect power-ups to increase the size of the fireball.

If you're using accelerometer controls, tilt your iOS device to make the fireball move in that direction. Touch the screen to jump. If the fireball is touching an adjacent wall, a wall-jump can be performed. Some objects can be moved. If you don't want to use the accelerometer, you can activate the on-screen controls from the pause menu.

Points are awarded at the end of the level, based on stars collected, power and time. If a level is locked, it can be unlocked by completing the preceding level. Progress is automatically saved, so you can play through the game on your own schedule.

You can control the sound and music volume from the pause menu. A third slider is for controlling the amount of particles. To see your cumulative score for a set of levels, you can access the corresponding Game Center Leaderboard. These buttons are on the home screen. Game Center can be enabled or disabled from the home screen.

NOTICE ABOUT HALLOWEEN:

This app is time sensitive. Something festive happens during the second-half of October to celebrate the holiday. And in general, "The Burnt Forest" is a great match for the season.

If you like this game, and you would like to see more levels, you can say so in the comments section. If there are lots of great reviews and encouraging words, the more likely this game will be expanded. This app has been thoroughly tested. But if you see a technical issue, you don't have to freak out. Instead, you can use the support link (which leads to the Photics.com contact form) to report a problem with the app.

Photics's comments:

Arch Fiery is now available on the iTunes App Store!
10-08-2011, 08:22 AM
Send a message via Skype™ to mattll
looks cool
may picking this up with the next itunes card

Quote:
Wow! You are the Lionel Messi of the Touch Soccer world!!!
i tested 31 games

10-09-2011, 01:01 PM
There's a problem with the on-screen controls. If the iOS device is not held straight, the accelerometer may conflict with the on-screen controls.

A fix has been uploaded and is waiting for review... possibly expedited.

Meanwhile, if your iOS device is level, the on-screen controls should work fine. I also made an improvement to the auto-rotation. If you switch from home-button on the right, to home-button on the left, the transition should look better in version 1.1 of Arch Fiery.

Michael Garofalo - App Developer and author of The Unofficial GameSalad Textbook.
10-11-2011, 08:28 AM
The fix is live. Arch Fiery has been updated to 1.1

Michael Garofalo - App Developer and author of The Unofficial GameSalad Textbook.
10-15-2011, 04:19 PM
Here's a review of Arch Fiery...
http://appadvice.com/appnn/2011/10/q...vice-archfiery

10-22-2011, 07:36 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
I'm really enjoying this one...

But one little issue...

I keep trying to play the 4th level of the Forrest world, but it keeps taking me to the 4th level of the City world, leaving me with a city level select screen looking like this -

I've tried playing the 4th forrest level 10+ times now, but it just keeps taking me to the city level... =o/

**edit**

okay... I can get to the 4th forrest level, but ONLY if I play the 3rd forrest level, beat it, and then tap on the arrow to go to the next (4th) level.
10-23-2011, 02:00 AM
Was this done on GameSalad?

Now Playing: Vietnam '65 | .Decluster | BP2Black | Monster Hunter Freedom Unite | Banner Saga | Ultimate General Gettysburg | Papers, Please | SmartGo Kifu | Crowntakers | Brogue | FTL
10-23-2011, 04:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
Yup...
10-23-2011, 10:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
I'm really enjoying this one...
Cool, I'm glad that you like the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
But one little issue...

I keep trying to play the 4th level of the Forrest world, but it keeps taking me to the 4th level of the City world
Ha, that and the jumping height became a big part of your review...
http://www.the-app-shack.com/2011/10...9-photics.html

That's one of the things that I find frustrating about app design... and perhaps design in general. People notice the mistakes a lot more than the strengths.

Towards the end of the review, you mentioned that the game has its moments... but I don't think that you clearly stated what those moments were.

There are some fair critiques though... fixing the level select bug is easy. The story is actually a tie-in to the BOT / Revisions storyline. The Arch Fiery is TANK's fiery weapon. This game is a prequel to BOT.

I'm not sure I agree with the jumping height. That's part of the game... and a source of my frustration with designing iOS games. It's like today's gamers want the rules and design to suit them, instead of rising up to meet the challenge of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djflippy View Post
Heh, is that code for "Does this game suck?"

10-23-2011, 10:56 AM
and I'm also sure it's frustrating trying to figure out if your game is "challenging" or if what you consider challenging will be considered "design mistakes" by others...

But I'm actually kind of wondering if you're truly proud of Arch Fiery. After Bot, I guess I just expected a bit more...

And I thought a 3/5 score was decent... you can't seriously think this is a 5 star game, not with all the AMAZING iOS games available... but I guess I'm wrong, and if I"m gonna give it a 3/5 score, I might as well not score it at all, huh?

Last edited by syntheticvoid; 10-23-2011 at 12:03 PM.