★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: IceBreak Games
  • Genre:
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 21.3 MB
  • Version: 1.2
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description:

Even through years of war between their fathers two kingdoms, Will and Kate fell in love and hoped their marriage would mark the beginning of peace. Instead, it revealed the real culprit: DEMONS!

Wrecking havoc throughout the land for years, which led each king to blame the other, DEMONS feared the end of their existence without hate to feed them. So, in desperation, they attacked the entire world!

Play as Will or Kate to stop the invasion!

* Play in either Arcade or Adventure modes
* Arcade mode includes 20 pulse pounding levels
* Adventure mode includes 8 stages in 4 worlds
* Match 3 or more bubbles of the same type to deal damage
* Connecting more than 3 bubbles deals even more damage
* Opt to use the guide to help accurately place bubbles
* Unlock different backgrounds in Adventure mode

PixelPowerUp's comments:
Hi all,

Pop Kingdom is best described as Bust-a-Move meets Puzzle Fighter.

Our team at Icebreak Games just recently released Pop Kingdom, our first original iPhone title. We only had 3 months to work on the game and about 3 full time people worked on the game. The project started out small, but since finishing the game, there are definitely a lot of ideas that the game opens possibilities towards. It's a completely free game with no ads whatsoever. Try it out and let me know what you think.

Here are some images from the game.

So, yeah, that's the game. If the game gets enough downloads, we have a chance to provide updates for the game and add even more features, since the game has so much potential. Let us know what you would like to see in the game as well.

Looking forward to your responses. Thanks all!
10-08-2011, 11:02 PM
Please add multiplayer!!!

10-08-2011, 11:19 PM
My wife will love it
10-09-2011, 01:43 AM
I was really plesantly surprised. It is honestly the first game in this genre, that I feel work perfect on iOS. Seems you nailed physics, art style and feel.

Now go make it universal... ow and... why free?

Edit: perhaps a sensitivity option would be nice and for iPad an option to touch left half of the screen to aim left and of course right for right aiming, as it seems a little heavy holding the iPad wile touching the bottom only.

Last edited by Leegames; 10-09-2011 at 02:08 AM. Reason: Suggestion added.
10-09-2011, 01:44 AM
Good game, fun animations, action and adventure play, differentiated characters (animations, attacks, and a special attack-type). Nicely done, Icebreak!

Proud Member of the Beta Tester's Alliance!

iOS Games that I have Tested
10-09-2011, 04:14 AM
Oh! You can either drag to aim the shooting or you can touch wherever you would like to shoot. We implemented both options. The touch and shoot is on a release-to-fire control scheme, so you can still use the aiming guide if you wanted.

Also, we made the game free... well... just because we could!

Hope you all enjoy it!
10-09-2011, 04:53 AM
Fantastic game for a fantastic price

Hey Guys,

Just wanted to quickly say that I'm enjoying this game quite a fair bit. Also, I think that the fact that you released this game is free is criminal! Your efforts should be commended.

I do however have several small suggestions, listed in no particular order:

A) Add a 'Taunt' button. Pressing it will immediate drop another row onto the playing field. The button can be the enemy portrait itself perhaps. This helps speed up the game, especially when you've been clearing rows left right and center and you have to wait a few seconds for the enemy to attack. Alternatively, make the speed of the rows tied to enemy remaining health.

B) Online multiplayer, or even split-screen on the iPad. Hell even local wifi multiplayer would be fun

C) Enemy special attacks. This would spice up the game further. For example, the Rock Elemental thingo could send a quake that stuns your character for a few moments and (if there's a certain amount of space) a few extra rows drop. Perhaps some enemies could change the element of your next shot, or even make you unable to make matches for a few moments.

D) Enemy attack timer. This could be a bar at the enemy portrait that shows when the next attack will come.

E) More enemies. Just a wishlist.

F) More characters, again, just a wishlist. Perhaps a rogue and / or a cleric type to round out the roster?

G) Puzzle mode. Defeat the enemy using a set amount of gems, or something similar.

H) Make the elemental gems do something aside from just being used for matches. Even if its a visual thing for the attack animations (eg; fire match = fire attack). This could be extended perhaps so that enemies can have vulnerabilities and resistances to different elements, increasing or decreasing the damage they take from a match.

Speaking for myself personally, I would gladly pay for all those features either an in IAP pack or as a new app altogether. Either way, I'm really enjoying what you guys have made. Now if you'll excuse me, there's a Lizardman that needs a sword to the face.

10-09-2011, 11:47 AM

Nice to see the love in the forums! Heh

Thanks so much for your comments! It's great to see you enjoying the game so much. Many of the suggestions you posted was actually part of the original design, but we had to cut out a lot of stuff due to the timeframe we had to make the game (for instance, Adventure mode has castles; originally there to provide different boss battles.) There was a desire to make the game multiplayer as well, and oh-so-many other things as well. I really like the idea of the taunt to speed up the gameplay! It's easy enough to implement and I'll definitely try to push that into the game in an update.

Once again, thanks so much for the feedback, and if you guys really enjoy the game, please be sure to put in some feedback through iTunes and rate the game!

Keep the feedback coming!
10-11-2011, 10:58 PM
Pop Kingdom & Linky Fish Are Pretty Good!

Hey Neo,

I downloaded Pop Kingdom on a whim and it was pretty good.

Nicely balanced and its just a solid game when I have a couple of minutes to burn!

Looking up you other games, Linky Fish is pretty cool as well. Took a little time to get used to the rules, but like Pop Kingdom, I am sure you will have some updates soon to make it totally kick ass!

Your other 'game' is more of a stat tracker for Facebook. I will give Cafe Life a whirl in the next couple of days. It definitely looks pretty compared to the other similar FB type of restaurant games. The artwork seems far superior.

Curious, would you guys consider running some high score leaderboard?

I think that would be cool for me as I can only beat my own score so many times.

10-19-2011, 09:00 PM

Hi guys,

Just wanted to give a heads-up on the updates.
- General Bug fixes
- Addition or particle effects for bubble bursts
- inclusion of analytics and metrics
- and optimized codebase

If you haven't gotten the game already, its a great little free game with awesome music and a familiar gameplay mechanic with a lot of action and a speedy rhythm.

Try it out and let me know what you think. We're still working on multiplayer atm.