★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Quantum Sheep brings you "Sunshine - Here comes the Sun" - it's pretty groovy! :D

10-10-2011, 12:55 AM
Quantum Sheep brings you "Sunshine - Here comes the Sun" - it's pretty groovy! :D

Hello everyone!

I'm getting close(ish) to finishing my latest game, and thought I'd drop in and give you guys a peek!

It's called "Sunshine - Here comes the Sun"

You play as the sun! No, really! I think this is the only game I can think of where you actually play as the Sun.

Which is nice! (though I'm ready to be corrected!).

Quick edit - here's a video!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Here are some screenshots!

I've gone for a very basic look. One person described the look as that of a kids game.()Someone else has said it looks very Nintendo.

I just wanted something fun looking

Now, I'll be honest with you. I made this game with someone other than myself in mind, so I'm not sure it'll appeal to the 'hardcore' among you!

BUT

I did put in stuff that would appeal to me too (and hopefully you lot)! So it's got:

A cool score multiplier system.
A Sun Level (levels up to 10) that increases the speed of your shots and your score.
Chiptunes from the awesome Yerzmyey and Mister Beep (who I used on Air Supply).
GameCenter leaderboards for overall score and for each level.
Retina graphics

If I were to describe it, I'd say it was "Like Missile Command for my mum". Sort of...

I'll give some more details out over this last week of development (I'm hoping to submit to Apple this week) and I'll try and make a video too! That might help sell it a bit more

Anyway, hope this piques your interest! Like I said, more details soon!

QS

Last edited by quantumsheep; 11-02-2011 at 12:48 PM.
10-10-2011, 12:57 AM
Got any videos of it in action?

10-10-2011, 01:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varking View Post
Got any videos of it in action?
Not yet! Sorry

I like to have the game pretty much finished before I do that, but it'll be in the next few days for sure!

Just putting the finishing touches on it as we speak and hoping to have it ready for submission soon.

If I can manage that, then a video will surely follow!

Cheers for taking a peek though!

QS
10-10-2011, 01:03 AM
Yeah I am just new to iOS so it is easier on me to judge if I think I will be interested in a game or not if there is video of it. I actually like the more old school style graphics that you are going with. Good job.
10-10-2011, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varking View Post
Yeah I am just new to iOS so it is easier on me to judge if I think I will be interested in a game or not if there is video of it. I actually like the more old school style graphics that you are going with. Good job.
Why thank you - and welcome to iOS gaming

Don't worry, there WILL be a video - I always try and be as open as possible, and a video's always a good way of attracting potential players!

I'll certainly look into making that as soon as I can!

Thanks again!

QS
10-10-2011, 02:16 AM
i'm a big fan of air supply.i always played it for more music and color themes and other cool unlockable stuff.

now i start to looking forward for your coming new game!
10-10-2011, 02:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by subdeath View Post
i'm a big fan of air supply.i always played it for more music and color themes and other cool unlockable stuff.

now i start to looking forward for your coming new game!
Thank you sir, that's very kind! I have it on good authority that Air Supply likes you too!

This will have unlockables - but I'll reveal them when the game's done. They're lots of fun though!

And there'll be more Air Supply early next year with any luck! I just made this for my mum as she found AS a bit difficult.

So this is MUCH simpler - for her! But it's also got a bit of depth to it as well I hope!

It's all a bit of an experiment really!

Thanks again for the very kind words!

QS
10-11-2011, 03:52 PM
I've beta tested this game this morning, and so far I'm hooked! Very unique concept for a game!

Look forward to playing more!
10-11-2011, 10:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by butterbean21 View Post
I've beta tested this game this morning, and so far I'm hooked! Very unique concept for a game!

Look forward to playing more!

Thank you, mate! I'm always worried about what you'll think of my games, so it's very gratifying that you like it!

Thanks for taking the time to play it and give me valuable feedback, as always!

And now for something I've just added that isn't in the build I sent you.

BEHOLD THE MIGHTY NOKKEN!!!

FEAR HIM!!!

QS

Last edited by quantumsheep; 10-11-2011 at 10:05 PM.
10-17-2011, 04:51 PM
Awww... Nokken looks way too cute to be scary...! Maybe that's the point eh? Sucks you in with those big red eyes, and cute profile, and then BAM!