★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Avadon The Black Fortress $9.99 > $4.99

10-10-2011, 05:13 AM
Avadon The Black Fortress $9.99 > $4.99

Admin/Reviewer on Philippine Gamers Lounge
XBL & PSN: iANiMeX
GameCenter: ANiMeX2k11
Need beta tester?
10-10-2011, 06:55 AM
I wonder if I should give this a go. The reviews in the US appstore are fairly positive, but somehow I suspect this game caters to the older ..eh relatively older gamers out there. The pixelated graphics ,lack of music and some of the more critical reviews are keeping me seated firmly on the fence. A reviewer also mentioned a lack of variety of mobs to level on? Another reviewer also complained about the last campaign/battle being a chore to get through...

10-10-2011, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by violentv View Post
I wonder if I should give this a go. The reviews in the US appstore are fairly positive, but somehow I suspect this game caters to the older ..eh relatively older gamers out there. The pixelated graphics ,lack of music and some of the more critical reviews are keeping me seated firmly on the fence. A reviewer also mentioned a lack of variety of mobs to level on? Another reviewer also complained about the last campaign/battle being a chore to get through...
We both got the same in mind. The reviews is keeping me from getting this game..

Admin/Reviewer on Philippine Gamers Lounge
XBL & PSN: iANiMeX
GameCenter: ANiMeX2k11
Need beta tester?
10-10-2011, 11:56 PM
Must buy for me. Thanks for the post.

Favorite mobile RTS: Autumn Dynasty, Amoebattle & Red Conquest
Great TBS/SRPGs: Wesnoth, Battle Academy, Kingturn, Pantheon Cycle, Dungeon Crawlers, SW&E, Viking Lords, Metal Brigade Tactics, Tactical Soldier, Ravenmark, Tactics Maiden and Banner Saga
10-11-2011, 01:06 AM
Hallelujah! Bought

Quote:
Originally Posted by iANiMeX View Post
We both got the same in mind. The reviews is keeping me from getting this game..
I've been playing Jeff's games on-and-off on the PC since the first shareware demo of Exile in the late 90s, so I do fit into the "older" demographic you speak of. This is his most approachable game by far, which in my book isn't necessarily a good thing , but its a good way to sample his worlds.

The reason people buy his games is the intricate storyline, the branching quests, the challenge (boss fights require a good deal of thought) and the ability to role play your character to a decent degree (as opposed to games where the limit for roleplaying is choosing a class or a few skills)

Grab the PC or Mac demo if you're on the fence; you wont regret the time spent.
10-11-2011, 01:18 AM
I am a sucker for good plots and writing. I guess I will get it ! There are still 13 days left of the sale though and I am in no hurry to download it.
10-12-2011, 05:09 PM
Yep, 35 years old gamer here, just picked it up a couple of days ago. Basicaly if you enjoyed Baldur's gate, Icewind dale and Torment this is the game for you. Only complaint is how you sometime end up moving next to an enemy if you miss touching it when you attack long range, and there's no undo button!

There's nothing like this game on the app store, I'm really glad I bought an iPad and found this, well worth the money.