Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-11-2011, 02:45 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Really enjoying this game right now.
Old 10-11-2011, 02:50 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 7.x

According to the developer's web site, an HD version for the iPad and versions for other platforms are coming later this year.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:04 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Hi guys,

Thanks so much for all the comments. As stated by Haruhi, the hype is hard to start!

> About the iPad: we are working hard on a universal iPad version with a multiplayer mode (asynchronous a la Words with Friends). It should be there in a month, hopefully. I can tell that on iPad it's gorgeous!!! .

Quote:
Agas

This game is quite fun for $.99. I'm liking it.
As for the IAP, since replaying the stages still add pearls, I don't think it is "that" necessary. Well, still early to say though.
I wonder where is the secret star on stage 3?
>> I just read TA's review, and although I was delighted by all the relevant comments, I was really surprised by the comments on the iAP and model. I can understand a TA journalist might be super busy and feel the need to buy pearls, but seriously a normal gamer shouldn't. As Agas said, if you replay one mission from time to time, you can really get enough pearls to finish the game.

I'm playing Tiny Heroes at the moment, and I finished Jetpack Joyride, and seriously, the model there is much more iAP oriented unless you want to spend hours replaying the levels.

Anyway, hope you have fun!

PS: for the star in mission 3... come on, this one is easy!
Old 10-11-2011, 03:08 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Thinking about getting it, but TA review's talk of IAPs is putting me off. Anyone else care to comment?
Old 10-11-2011, 03:15 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPhone 5, iOS 7.x

Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by bagofeyes View Post
Thinking about getting it, but TA review's talk of IAPs is putting me off. Anyone else care to comment?
The amount of pearls in-game is really sufficient. I've got my main character fully upgraded, with my other 3characters leveled up to about 7/11, and have bought all the available hats, and am on level 8...

Really, there's no reason at all to buy the pearls unless you want to fully upgrade all your characters by level 3 or 4, and where's the fun in that?
Old 10-11-2011, 03:22 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emeric View Post
> About the iPad: we are working hard on a universal iPad version with a multiplayer mode (asynchronous a la Words with Friends). It should be there in a month, hopefully. I can tell that on iPad it's gorgeous!!! .
Hi, with regard to this info, will it be an update to the original game or a separate app. not bothered either way, just will wait to buy if its a separate app.
thanks
Old 10-11-2011, 03:24 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
The amount of pearls in-game is really sufficient. I've got my main character fully upgraded, with my other 3characters leveled up to about 7/11, and have bought all the available hats, and am on level 8...

Really, there's no reason at all to buy the pearls unless you want to fully upgrade all your characters by level 3 or 4, and where's the fun in that?
Ok, thanks.
Old 10-11-2011, 03:50 AM
👮 Spam Police 🚓
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 5.x

Yeah I finished this during beta and man it was awesome The story was great. There's only 20 levels, but it took me few hours to finish them, Kraken really helps a lot btw. I suggested the dev to do some sort of a sequel as an update and there might be one, I hope there will be!
Old 10-11-2011, 04:20 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Thanks again for betatesting ;-).
We are working on the next levels, but the later levels are long... the game is around 5-6 hours long already, and there is a "hardcore gamer" level that has been added, which you didn't have in the beta ;-).
Old 10-11-2011, 08:30 AM

Just wanted to chime in to say that, even 3 missions into it, it's clear that Squids is a charming and original take on the SRPG subgenre. Games like this are very much about character, and this one has it in spades -- as well as a satisfying movement and combat system that is so natural that one has to wonder why it's not more popular in iOS RPGs. Highly recommended.