★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: EASY Inc.
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 34.7 MB
  • Version: 1.5.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: "My Lord! Hordes of barbaric fire-worshippers invade our land!"

As one of the last loyal generals of the realm it is your mission to fortify the frontier against this gruesome onslaught and prepare new men for battle: Train brave soldiers, archers and horsemen, forge an army and build powerful battlements with catapults and ballistas, dig tar-pits on the fields and set them aflame in this Medieval-themed castle defense game.

Construct houses, barracks and workshops to improve your men's fighting skills and lure the enemy into deadly taps - wave after wave - but spend your gold wisely for you will encounter gruesome enemy-bosses and their fanatic minions. Fight them off with 16 different types of units at your command. Defend the crown against an international conspiracy of nobles and save your late king's daughter, the rightful heiress to the throne.

Features:

- 10 epic campaigns with 50 levels in story mode
- Survive for 20 days in glory mode
- Defend the Holy Land against the Mamelukes in crusader mode
- 47 different maps, 22 types of buildings
- Auto save in game and construction-mode
- Enchanting music and thrilling AI
- Various upgrades for troops and power-ups for buildings
- Magnificent medieval music and stunning visual effects
- war machines, archers, towers and special units

Special thanks Original story by Albrecht Behmel

video link:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8IvACWduM8

Matrix's comments:
A conspiracy throws our kingdom into the most dangerous moment, which needs you and your army to shoulder the responsibility of safeguarding the kingdom. The powerful enemy already launches the attack, which leaves you no choice as you are the last hope of the kingdom.
The particular fortress construction mode allows you to build the unique fortress of your own, which will bring you a strong sense of proud especially when seeing tens of thousands of enemies fall in front of your elaborate fortress. Feel free to build walls and fortresses, set up gatehouses, pits, barriers and towers and paint pitch on the ground to launch fire attack against your enemy. You can also build all kinds of buildings to boost your soldier's battle efficiency. The establishment of magic towers enables you to use magic. Arrow towers and round towers of different scale help you to form solid defensive line.
You can also have your archers shoot enemies on the wall…
With 22 types of military units and numerous styles of bosses, the game will impress you with rich and skillful playing methods, for example, upgrading your soldiers' level or building function all make your defensive line more strong. Weather your fortress can survive the surrounded enemies?
With the vast battlefield and splendid background music, you are sure to throw yourself into this war in the Middle Ages.

Story Mode:
10 epic campaigns with 50 levels
Glory Mode:
Hold fast to your fortress and stand firm against your enemy for 20 days.

Features:
- 22 types of units
- Various Bosses
- 47 map types
- Superior AI
- Unit upgrade mode
- Building upgrade mode
- Magnificent background music
- Auto save

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fortress-under-siege/id456532154?mt=8
10-10-2011, 10:56 AM

10-10-2011, 08:34 PM
unlike common Tower Defence
10-10-2011, 09:49 PM
seems some of their games are very well done, and others are merely 'ok', hard to tell which one this will be, will wait for some reviews to steer me...
10-11-2011, 01:25 AM
Comment that i found.

Quote:
The games give you nearly no money and you really can't earn much based on the prices everything costs. The waves the Game sends are vastly larger than any force you can muster. It's almost as if they're FORCING you to buy coins for a game you already had to pay for.
10-11-2011, 01:03 PM
damn, was afraid of that, so it either wants you to grind for cash like the other reviewer said, or is trying to force you to buy iap, either way, will let it sit in the wait list to get some credible feedback in itunes.
10-11-2011, 03:24 PM
Got it and I am really liking it. It's a mix of castle defense and tower defense. I am surprise I didn't heard about it before...
10-11-2011, 03:30 PM
got enough of this type of games...change change change!

I love this world!
10-11-2011, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GordonFreeman View Post
Got it and I am really liking it. It's a mix of castle defense and tower defense. I am surprise I didn't heard about it before...
can you say whether it seems to focus on buying IAP or if it lets you replay/grind for gold?
10-11-2011, 04:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by araczynski View Post
can you say whether it seems to focus on buying IAP or if it lets you replay/grind for gold?
It makes you replay a day if you fail, so you can fail intentionally to rack up cash. The game is saved after each day and if you don't survive a day you get to keep the cash and have to replay that day until you can beat it. Plus it saves any additions you added if you fail, so you can slowly rack up cash and rebuild at the same time if you plan right.