★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: Gameloft
  • Genre: Family
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 309.5 MB
  • Version: 1.0.0
  • Price: $4.99
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: NOTE: We are aware of an issue that might prevent the game from running properly on iOS 7 or iOS 8. We apologize for any current inconvenience this may cause.

Embark on Gameloft's refreshing revisit of the classic game you used to play on Apple II now.
The press already love it. Youll love it too.
**IGN Editors' Choice Award: The Oregon Trail is a fantastic re-imagining of the original educational game.
**Pocket Gamer's Gold Award: The Oregon Trail exudes a level of quality in its design and presentation.
**The mobile game was named Best Casual Mobile Game at Spike TVs Video Game Awards

Westward, Ho! Your favorite pioneering adventure game is back and takes you to an exciting, historical side-scrolling adventure entirely retooled to fit the touch experience on your iPad.

- All of the decision-making and problem-solving fun of the original game.

- 8 skill-based mini-games: hunting, fishing, river crossing, rafting, wagon repairing, telegraph, berry picking, and gold panning.

- Prepare for your departure: Select the members of your party, choose your departure date and purchase supplies.

- Overcome random events (disease, bandits, weather, etc.) and make your travels easier with various items to purchase, barter and create.

- Earn extra coins and equipment with side missions and buildings to rent in towns.

Certain apps allow you to purchase virtual items within the app and may contain third party advertisements that may redirect you to a third party site.
10-10-2011, 10:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iANiMeX View Post
You put a twitter link where the itunes link is suppose to go and if you add =all at the end of the first appinfo then it would show the app description along with the link.

10-10-2011, 10:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojtitus View Post
You put a twitter link where the itunes link is suppose to go and if you add =all at the end of the first appinfo then it would show the app description along with the link.
Sorry. Did it on my iPhone4. I edited the link on my ipad2.

Admin/Reviewer on Philippine Gamers Lounge
XBL & PSN: iANiMeX
GameCenter: ANiMeX2k11
Need beta tester?
10-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by iANiMeX View Post
Sorry. Did it on my iPhone4. I edited the link on my ipad2.
It's all good.
10-10-2011, 10:59 AM
One of the few good Gameloft games finally getting an iPad version, and only 99 cents. Finally, a new Gameloft game for my iPad I know I won't be disappointed in.
10-10-2011, 02:16 PM
Review of Iphone Version says they destroyed Game with IAP True or not? Worth buying it?
10-10-2011, 02:55 PM
well, IAP is always in the eye of the beholder ... no one forces you to buy things, it just takes more time, but you will get rewarded with the 'original' feeling )) what I find more annoying: even if you have to fork over money, you get to see ads during the cut scenes, true, unobstrusive at the bottom of the page, but still ... a bit annoying
10-10-2011, 08:29 PM
I was really hoping this would be the iPad assets without all the other non-needed files removed. The other version is huge, like 1.2 gigs, and this version is also 1.2 gigs. Why in the world does this need to be so huge?

()() Favorites: Sword of Fargoal, Rogue Touch
( '.') Slay, Titan VG Edition, Hero Academy [ID:Rixx]
(('')('') GameCenter: TK656
10-10-2011, 09:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rixx View Post
I was really hoping this would be the iPad assets without all the other non-needed files removed. The other version is huge, like 1.2 gigs, and this version is also 1.2 gigs. Why in the world does this need to be so huge?

iTunes shows the app as 310MB.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
10-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CzarCastic View Post
iTunes shows the app as 310MB.
When you install it, you will need 1.2gb. I got 1.5gb left on my iPad2.. After downloading the game, It prompts that I don't have enough space on my iPad2.

Admin/Reviewer on Philippine Gamers Lounge
XBL & PSN: iANiMeX
GameCenter: ANiMeX2k11
Need beta tester?