★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Free 3D base jumping - iBase jump Lite

05-01-2009, 01:02 PM
Señor Member [Original Poster]
Free 3D base jumping - iBase jump Lite

Just downloaded a lite version of iBase, a 3d base jumping game. I wasn't expecting much but it is actually pretty good. The basics are there and work well - you can run around on tops of a skyscraper and a bridge (only 2 maps included in the lite version) and then jump off wherever you want. Then when you are in freefall, you can change your position to go forwards or straight down and then obviously there is the option to open the parachute, and thankfully it is an option - I love making a mess on the busy streets of chicago!

The graphics are nothing to right home about, although they do the job. They look like they have been 'borrowed' from a certain search engine's 3D terrain software, but there is nothing that mentions where they stole, I mean 'borrowed' the maps from. The ground doesn't look too good as it is just satelite images - no high quality aerial images. However the building models do look pretty good, and you feel a good sense of speen as you plummet towards the ground.

I like the chicago map quite a lot as it allows you to weave in and out of the gaps between the sky scrapers, and I have had quite a bit of fun with that. I haven't yet felt the need to rush out and buy the full version, but the lite version is a nice little taster and a little bit of fun if anyone wants a free app to waste a couple of minutes. I would reccommend downloading it as it suprisingly proved to be quite fun.

iTunes Link - sorry, it's the link to the full version. I couldn't find a link to the lite version so please search for it or click on 'all apps by the developer' after clicking this link.

Last edited by LBG; 05-01-2009 at 01:45 PM.
05-01-2009, 01:19 PM
The link is to the full version?

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95
05-01-2009, 01:24 PM
I've just tried it, maybe I'm missing something, but had more fun looking from the edge of the building than the actual jumping. How do you move exactly? Fallen literally like a rock.
05-01-2009, 01:27 PM
This game is pretty bad. Icon is nice though.

It's a good idea, but needs work.

I'M ON A MAC MOTHAF*@%!

Cloudcell, Plus+, Baseball Slugger, TTR: dannys95
05-01-2009, 01:37 PM
I bought the full version a while back and couldn't get into it. It's like watching a rock drop...from the rock's perspective.
05-01-2009, 01:43 PM
Señor Member [Original Poster]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannys95 View Post
The link is to the full version?
sorry, I couldn't find a link to the lite version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karuko View Post
I've just tried it, maybe I'm missing something, but had more fun looking from the edge of the building than the actual jumping. How do you move exactly? Fallen literally like a rock.
you have an icon in the bottom-right corner, pressing this switches between a diving figure - which makes you travel forward and normal falling which means that you fall straight down. You can turn left and right using the accelerometer.