★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Head-to-head puzzle pandemonium! Reach across the screen and steal from your friends!

EUROGAMER INDIE ARCADE FINALIST 2011

Group like-coloured gems together to make them bigger and more valuable. Cash them in for cold hard cash! Avoid falling rubble, detonate bombs, and chase off sneaky robbers.

Challenge your friends in multiplayer! Reach across the screen to steal from your opponents, set traps and foil their plans. Everything you steal goes up in value. Be as ruthless as your friends will let you, but watch out - they'll be doing the same!

Who said bankers didn't play dirty?

------------------------------

An excellent update to what was already a fine match game recommended even if you own the original
Tap! Magazine
APP OF THE WEEK

"An excellent follow-up to an already-great game. It's incredibly fun and goofy, the new gameplay modes add a lot of extra enjoyment, and things are even more stylish than before."
4.5 Stars
GameZebo.com

"A great achievement on the iPad... uses that large screen size to its advantage"
Square-Go.com

"Will have you screaming at the top of your voice with gleeful frustration"
Bits 'n' Bytes Gaming

------------------------------

FEATURES
- Challenge high scores in addictive arcade action
- Steal, cheat and rob your way to victory
- Activate awesome power-ups
- Crush a guantlet of challenging AI opponents
- Customise your game rules
- Blow up sneaky robbers with powerful bombs
- Colour-blind support

Alistair Aitcheson's comments:
Hi everyone. I just released Greedy Bankers vs The World for iPad in the past couple of weeks.

The game was selected as a finalist in the Eurogamer Expo Indie Games Arcade, which I was very proud of - it meant getting to demo the game to crowds of people at Earl's Court, London, which was so much fun!

Arrange the gems into squares and rectangles to make them bigger and more valuable. Tap them to cash them in and try to make your target before your opponent. You can reach across the screen to grab your opponent's gems and drag them to your own side. Stolen goods get a bonus multiplayer, so it pays to be a thief!

Youtube link | Pop Up

The game also features an Arcade Mode, where you need to meet a growing target score within the time limit, and a Story Mode, where you take on AI bankers multiplayer-style battles.

Youtube link | Pop Up

A little video from the Expo itself, where I demo the game. You can find out more about the development of the game on my blog: Drawn in Red Biro

Thanks for taking a look, and I hope you enjoy playing!
10-13-2011, 06:40 AM
A little update: I just finished a demo video which I'll be adding to the first update (v1.1), alongside support for colourblind players.

Youtube link | Pop Up
10-13-2011, 06:51 AM
Thanks for the second Trailer. Really interesting Concept. May i ask if there is an Update for Universial Support planned and if a Lite Version might hit the iTunes Store too?

Currently it`s very hard to don`t get blank with all the great Release so i really would like to play some Testrounds before i smash the Buy Button.
10-17-2011, 08:10 AM
Thanks! At the moment, there's a separate iPhone/iPod Touch version, which doesn't have the multiplayer or Story Mode (due to space constraints!), and is purely focused on the arcade mode. That one's 0.69/$0.99.

I may release a Lite version of the game in the next couple of months
10-24-2011, 05:17 AM
Just a little bit of news for any UK-based iPad owners. I'll be at GameCity Festival Nottingham on Friday 28th October to demo the game. Please do come along and challenge your friends to a match!

Greedy Bankers vs The World has also been given 4 stars by Tap! Magazine, which selected it as one of their Best New Apps. Exciting stuff!

Do let me know if you have any questions about the game