★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Crow - (by Sunside Inc.) [Universal/2012]

10-11-2011, 06:00 PM
Crow - (by Sunside Inc.) [Universal/2012]

A new action-adventure game coming this winter to iPhone, iPad, and iPod from Sunside Inc.

October 10, 2011 -- Sunside has revealed the first details of their upcoming game Crow, an all new story-driven action-adventure for iPhone, iPad, and iPod Touch. Created using Sunside's in-house game platform Radiance™, Crow delivers unsurpassed visuals and immersion in a fully 3D world which has never before been experienced in mobile gaming. In combination with unique exploration, combat, and game mechanics, Crow redefines what is possible on a mobile platform.

“Crow raises the bar for mobile gaming. The comment we get most often from those we have shared it with is that they can’t believe they are playing this on an iPhone. Our in-house engine was developed specifically to push the bar in mobile. We are extremely excited to announce this title to the industry and to gamers.”, commented Joe Riedel, Technical Director and Co-founder of Sunside.

• April or May 2012
Breaking News:

We spoke to Sunside Games about their upcoming iOS title Crow, during which they revealed to us that they would be releasing the engine they built for the game as free open-source software in the near future.

One of the most eye-catching games for iOS devices of late, if for the graphics alone, is Sunside Games’ Crow. We previewed it here (Insiders Only) after getting early access and followed it up by talking to the development duo recently.

The game itself runs on Sunside’s very own Radiance engine, which is built to deliver gorgeous looking 3D mobile games. It’s definitely an impressive engine which is why the news that it will be released for free for anyone to use as they see fit is brilliant news.

When we questioned them about this impressive engine, they announced this news exclusively to us:

“Radiance will be released as free open-source software in the near future after Crow ships.

It won’t be GPL or anything copy-left, it will be under a BSD or MIT style license. People will be able to use it however they’d like. Sunside will continue to invest in the technology for its future titles and anyone that wants will be able to take advantage of our technology without charge for any project commercial or otherwise.”

Last edited by Sanuku; 03-15-2012 at 02:24 PM.
10-11-2011, 06:31 PM
Very good title (Crow)! It really represents the game perfectly!

List of Games I've Beta Tested
Follow me on Twitter: @Jdragoon19

10-11-2011, 06:35 PM
Nice graphics, nice sound

Waiting for: Chaos Rings II, Phoenix Wright 123
I will always love: Kairosoft and CAVE Co. Ltd., Capcom, Godzilab, Simogo
Feel free to add me on Gamecenter; I'm Kirbychewy!
Dodonpachi is no longer my favorite iOS game.
10-11-2011, 07:02 PM
Great idea, enhanced more by the artstyle than the graphics proper.

Is this level based? And is this free roam or linear like your regular tunnel game?

Currently learning iMaschine and Garage Band.
10-12-2011, 05:27 AM
Originally Posted by arta View Post
Great idea, enhanced more by the artstyle than the graphics proper.

Is this level based? And is this free roam or linear like your regular tunnel game?
I didn`t got yet any Information about that Topic. All i got was that during the upcoming Weeks till the Game will hit the iTunes Store we will see a bunch of new Gameplay Trailer coming.

Guess the Developer is trying to keep the full Story a Secret for as long as possible similar to Dark Meadow/Shadowrun.

All at all i am so far very impressed from the first Screenshots and the Teaser Trailer. While i might be a little overreacting i simple love those dark Stories and hope that the Game will be good as Dark Meadow is.
10-12-2011, 01:17 PM
Wow. This looks amazing. I can't wait for this to drop.
11-05-2011, 05:36 AM
Instant buy for me
11-05-2011, 05:46 AM
Wow, this looks like something new
Move on guys, release it !
11-05-2011, 11:31 AM
Send a message via Yahoo to chase123
Is that art at the background of those pictures or real graphics being rendered by the iPhone?It looks art to me.Especially at the second and third pictures.
11-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Hapaninja showed me the trailer a few weeks back and I was as well blown away by the visuals and art. Games like this that celebrate art are just too rare.

Director of Communications for Soma Games & Code-Monkeys. Current projects Suitor Shooter. Latest games released: Wind Up Robots, Bok Choy Boys and Santa's Giftship.