Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-12-2011, 12:04 AM
Developer

Default Pocket God 1.41 - I Sting the Body Electric

Hey Guys,

Episode 41 is live! this update took a while for us to release because we added a lot of iOS 5 functionality and we needed to wait for it to be out before we could release the update. We have been also trying to use this time to make sure that we will be able to launch our new game by the holidays.

So we added a new underwater area called the Coral Reefs, there is a ancient temple in the background that fan's of the comic will probably recognize. in this new area, we have 5 jelly fish that you can interact with. they are kind of like the monkey's in how they interact with the Pygmies. You can even push the jelly fish's together and they will link up to create an electric circle of death that you can use to shock the Pygmies.

We also included an underwater skin pack which includes a funny sponge bob version of doodler.

The biggest part of the update is the new turn based multiplayer for Battle of the Gods. this adds a whole new dimension to the game, it's pretty easy to win against the gods, especially if you have a really good set of idols. but if you play against another player, they can obviously see the strongest idol in your hand so you have to find ways to fake them out and possibly win with Idols they would never expect you to play.

We also added iCloud which means that all your data will be saved to the cloud in case you get a new device or have to uninstall pocket god for a while. you can also share the data between all your devices.

Right now we are busy working on the new game for PGU called Decapithon. It's a side scroller where you have to throw axes at zombies and cut off their heads before they kill you. It's our biggest game yet. will be awesome once it's done and hopefully will be submitted by next tuesday.

also, about our new game. the clue last time was that it's initials will be PGR. The hint this time is that it will be modeled after one of our mini games. not the exact same game, but we will put a lot more effort into it and turn it into something special.

Youtube link | Pop Up

Old 10-12-2011, 12:14 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), iOS 6.x

Cool update. I enjoyed testing this one.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:16 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Awesome! Downloading now. Looks like a great update, guys!
Old 10-12-2011, 12:18 AM

Like I said before, I hope you guys enjoy this update.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:19 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Default Pgr

Pocket God Runs
Old 10-12-2011, 12:37 AM

Dave said that his favorite mini game in the original Pocket God was The Runs. He also said that his favorite mini game in JTU is Hover Jump. Mabey it will be a game of a mixture of the two mini games.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:42 AM
iPod Touch (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

Ah, The Runs.
Can't stop playing that one. X3
Old 10-12-2011, 12:45 AM

A glitch I've been seeing... Go to any island, switch to the new underwater area, and then switch to the old underwater area. The skewer gets... well... skew'd up... heh heh... Most of the skewer shell is missing, and the spear is fully exposed. Can't shoot it though... frozen...

I'm pretty surprised by the underwater skin pack. I thought we were going to be able to skin items in the underwater area... the chum, the bucket, the plug, the ruins, the pirannha, etc... Skinning the same old items is getting kinda boring. I have a dozen variations of all those things already.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazzzed View Post
A glitch I've been seeing... Go to any island, switch to the new underwater area, and then switch to the old underwater area. The skewer gets... well... skew'd up... heh heh... Most of the skewer shell is missing, and the spear is fully exposed. Can't shoot it though... frozen...
One of the beta testers found that bug about a week ago. I guess Dave forgot to fix the bug.
Old 10-12-2011, 12:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar599 View Post
One of the beta testers found that bug about a week ago. I guess Dave forgot to fix the bug.
If you do have a skewer that works properly, then there is still some weird double image stuff with the pygmy. Not only the one that's always been there when you skew them, but now something weird happens in the lower left corner when the pygmy is pulled in.