Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > Upcoming iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-12-2011, 03:39 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology
iPad (4th Gen), iOS 8.x

Default Leisure Suit Larry HD - Replay Games

From the front page:

Quote:
Sierra On-Line’s edgier point-and-click adventure franchise, Leisure Suit Larry, will live a new life in this fascinating age of revivals and downloadable games. Replay Games, an outfit headed up by an old Sierra employee, has managed to grab the ancient IP and plans to release an HD version of Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards in Q4 2012. This will be followed by several other re-makes and maybe even a new game or two if things pan out.

We wouldn’t be feeding you this information if the games weren’t slated for the iPad and the iPhone, but in case you’re curious, Lounge Lizards HD is also slated for every other platform under the sun, including PC, Mac, XBLA, PSN, Android, On-Live, and Gaikai. Original creator Al Lowe is “working closely” with Replay Games on the re-makes, which should help these games realize their new potential on touch devices and other mediums.

“I’m overjoyed to see Larry released from his digital dungeon after all this time, and be placed in the hands of someone who understands him and wants to see him, brought back to the forefront by people who love him and understand him,” Lowe told EGM exclusively.

Leisure Suit Larry first debuted in 1987, and even though it saw a re-release in 1991, it’s still a crazy old property. Here’s to hoping that the formula that made the games so great back in the day still holds up.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:11 PM
Banned
iPad Air, iOS 7.x

Send a message via Yahoo to iPadCary Send a message via Skype™ to iPadCary
Default Larry Needs You!

Sorry for the bump, but the "Leisure Suit Larry" complete remake for iPad has only 75% KickStarter funding
and the deadline's only 2 weeks away!!!

I thought there were some that weren't even aware of it -- like me, up until 10 minutes ago! lol -- and that
maybe by mentioning it here & now, it'll get that extra last-minute boost to put it over the quickly approaching hump ....

Al Lowe himself & all of the original development team are behind this
and you get tons of superüberultracool rewards & it's for a great cause!

The "Leisure Suit Larry" KickStarter page is here > "Leisure Suit Larry" KickStarter ReMake

Please ....

Won't you help?

iPadCary really wants to play this .... lol
Old 04-21-2012, 05:04 PM

Default Make Larry come again ;)

Make Larry come again by supporting the Kickstarter project for
Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded
( they have some cool rewards for backers)

Find more about it here :

[URL="http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/leisuresuitlarry/make-leisure-suit-larry-come-again"]http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/leisuresuitlarry/make-leisure-suit-larry-come-again[/URL]
Old 04-22-2012, 05:08 PM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loonypunk View Post
Make Larry come again by supporting the Kickstarter project for
Leisure Suit Larry Reloaded
( they have some cool rewards for backers)

Find more about it here :

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...rry-come-again
Edit:
(Make Larry come back by helping pay for the project yourself!)
Took a page right out of the book from those other crooks making that game World of Midgard who have been allowed to take "subscriptions" from people for over a year now. Then, after a year of collecting their money, tell everyone people with IOS can't participate in betas they actually paid to get! I'll tell you, TA shouldn't let these devs use this site to perpetuate their schemes like that!
Old 04-22-2012, 06:45 PM
iPad mini

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigrand1 View Post
Edit:
(Make Larry come back by helping pay for the project yourself!)
Took a page right out of the book from those other crooks making that game World of Midgard who have been allowed to take "subscriptions" from people for over a year now. Then, after a year of collecting their money, tell everyone people with IOS can't participate in betas they actually paid to get! I'll tell you, TA shouldn't let these devs use this site to perpetuate their schemes like that!
I don't understand. Do you have an issue with kickstarter in general? The LSL page doesn't even mention an iOS version. It's pretty clear the focus is the PC version (a copy of which is one of the lower tier rewards), and I think every iOS gamer knows the limitations of iOS beta testing and wouldn't expect that being allowed on the PC beta would also get them into the (much much smaller due to apple restrictions) iOS beta testing group. I don't know what the deal was with Midgard. I remember hearing about that game forever ago, but kind of figured they had given up since O&C came out.
Old 04-23-2012, 02:26 AM

Leisure Suit Larry was fun when I played it... 20 years ago. Not now.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:05 AM
iPad (4th Gen)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royce View Post
I don't understand. Do you have an issue with kickstarter in general? The LSL page doesn't even mention an iOS version. It's pretty clear the focus is the PC version (a copy of which is one of the lower tier rewards), and I think every iOS gamer knows the limitations of iOS beta testing and wouldn't expect that being allowed on the PC beta would also get them into the (much much smaller due to apple restrictions) iOS beta testing group. I don't know what the deal was with Midgard. I remember hearing about that game forever ago, but kind of figured they had given up since O&C came out.
No, dude. No issue with kickstarter in particular. My problem is with devs that want YOU to help fund their projects up front. Period. So, what happens if their quota isn't met by their "deadline"? You gonna trust them to refund your money if the game is shelved? The whole thing just aint' right, bro. Simple as that. I realize there's a sucker born every minute, but still.....
Old 04-23-2012, 05:01 AM
iPod Touch (4th Gen), OS 4.x

Aww, geez, I was actually hopeful someone had already started developing the IP for iOS when I read this thread title.
Old 04-23-2012, 05:28 AM
iPhone 6, iOS 8.x

Love LSL and Al Lowe, but man this Kickstarter crap is getting out of hand. $50,000 to have "Ken sent me" replaced with "YOUR NAME sent me"? Jesus...
Old 04-23-2012, 08:48 AM

Default LSL 1 Reloaded iOS

@Royce
As far as I know, they are using the unity engine and want to support pc Mac AND iPad from day one. (check out the video update #11 on kickstarter for information on this)
That's why the project was featured on the TA front page some month ago and why this was posted here. If you enjoyed playing original LSL games in the past and want to play it on iPad feel free to go there, support it and get more information.

ps: I'm in no way affiliated to Replay Games or Kickstarter.. Just someone who liked the game in the past