★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

Leisure Suit Larry - Replay Games

10-12-2011, 02:40 AM
Doctor of Game of the Week-ology [Original Poster]
Leisure Suit Larry - Replay Games

From the front page:

Quote:
Sierra On-Line’s edgier point-and-click adventure franchise, Leisure Suit Larry, will live a new life in this fascinating age of revivals and downloadable games. Replay Games, an outfit headed up by an old Sierra employee, has managed to grab the ancient IP and plans to release an HD version of Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards in Q4 2012. This will be followed by several other re-makes and maybe even a new game or two if things pan out.

We wouldn’t be feeding you this information if the games weren’t slated for the iPad and the iPhone, but in case you’re curious, Lounge Lizards HD is also slated for every other platform under the sun, including PC, Mac, XBLA, PSN, Android, On-Live, and Gaikai. Original creator Al Lowe is “working closely” with Replay Games on the re-makes, which should help these games realize their new potential on touch devices and other mediums.

“I’m overjoyed to see Larry released from his digital dungeon after all this time, and be placed in the hands of someone who understands him and wants to see him, brought back to the forefront by people who love him and understand him,” Lowe told EGM exclusively.

Leisure Suit Larry first debuted in 1987, and even though it saw a re-release in 1991, it’s still a crazy old property. Here’s to hoping that the formula that made the games so great back in the day still holds up.
10-12-2011, 03:17 AM
Yep its great when an old classic comes to iOS. Must admit its years since i played it, as a teenager it seemed very funny/rude but now the jokes might be wearing thin.

But be good to see a new/updated version. Shall be watching this one closely

10-12-2011, 04:41 AM
Would this be toned down for itunes? Or could they release it unedited?
10-12-2011, 05:20 AM
Great News!

I hope they´ll also include the text parser.

Challenge me on Gamecenter: tblrsa
App-Echo - Your place for German iOS App and Game Reviews
Follow us on Twitter!
04-10-2012, 11:27 AM
Larry needs help..

Hi there!
Seems as if Larry needs some help.. Replay games have put the project on kickstarter and there are 20 days left to raise the funds to make this dream come true.. You can find more about it here:

http://kck.st/Haj4Fx

I don't know how you feel about it but I remember having lots of fun playing those old Larry titles years ago, and to have the possibility to play them revamped would just be great..
So go out and spread the word and we'll eventually can even enjoy a new part of the Larry saga (what about the missing part 4 )
04-10-2012, 01:03 PM
Fantastic news! I spent many hours playing this hilarious game. Please keep all the bawdy humor - that's what made the game memorable.
04-10-2012, 02:28 PM
Release date..

As far as I know they are aiming for a release in October 2012 if all goes as planed. Let's hope they reach their funding goal !