★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: NCSOFT
  • Genre: Strategy
  • Device: Universal
  • Size: 154.0 MB
  • Version: 1.2.0
  • Price: $2.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (10)
App description: **Featured as Venture Beat's Top 10 iOS Games of 2011

Get your fingers ready, cause its time to PROTECT THE GEMS!

Gem-crazed monsters are on the loose, and its up to you and your legendary skills to blast them away in this unparalleled defense game, Gem Keeper.

"Gem Keeper is simply a stunner in both execution and gameplay, and I cannot recommend it highly enough." - Touch Arcade

"Gem Keeper ups the ante for iOS defense gaming." - 148Apps

when youre nimbly sliding a machinegun turret around in pursuit of a gem-thieving squirrel, its just impossible not to love." Pocket Gamer

+ 4 gorgeously crafted themes (Forest, Ice, Mine, Christmas)

+ 40 individual levels (x3 with Difficulty Levels)

+ 14 unique defense towers

+ 22 different gem-crazed monsters

+ 5 ultimate boss monsters

+ Battle Against Monsters and Friends in Endless Mode

and more to come in future updates!

Find out more: http://www.wemogames.net

Like us? Love us!: http://facebook.com/wemogames

Follow us: http://twitter.com/WeMoGames

Compatible with iOS 4.1 and up
Supports iPhone 3GS, 4, 4S / iPad 1, 2 / iPod Touch 3,4 Generation

NCsoft is a leading developer and publisher of online games, headquartered in Seoul, South Korea. Today, NCsoft is home to numerous industry-leading franchises, including City of Heroes, Guild Wars, Aion, and Lineage. NCsoft also publishes casual browser based games, along with games for smartphones. With offices in China, Taiwan, Japan, Thailand, the United Kingdom, and the United States, NCsoft games entertain and delight players around the world.

Echoseven's comments:

10-12-2011, 05:46 AM
Send a message via ICQ to rogerchiu Send a message via MSN to rogerchiu Send a message via Skype™ to rogerchiu
It looks very nice graphics. Want to try it with iOS5 tomorrow.

Beta Tested: 34 apps and games.
My Blog

10-12-2011, 05:57 AM
Yes! I am already playing this title, thanks to NC Soft for the promo code.

This is not your usual Tower Defense. First, it runs smooth and the animations are really good, there's also a lot of polish in the game (everything from the menu screen to the game itself looks polished, to be honest) and the game has a major campaign with 3 difficulty levels and a lot of maps (30). Graphics and graphic style are just as I like it... clean, crisp and very detailed.

You can chose from 14 towers, which is quite a lot.
There are your usual towers (like mg towers), but there's also new stuff like a cannon (and its projectile, which tends to roll over a lot of enemies before it explodes and puts even more things into coffins), or a pod on rails where towers can be installed and then moved around with your finger (along the rails, of course). Adds some action as well as strategic thinking. There are not only towers, but also traps and special skills (like a big bomb) to blast enemies off the screen.
There are many Tower Defense games which had elements of this game before, but these are new additions which make the game taste fresh and challenging.

Another thing I recognized is the balance of this game. While some TDs are too easy and others very hard, this one keeps what it promises. Easy difficulty IS easy and hard... well, is getting very challenging, especially in the later levels.

A minor complaint:
- what I miss is something like a survival map, where you try to survive the enemies as long as possible (not just an endless mode, but I haven't played endless mode yet). Maybe even in a way that you sometimes have to sell towers and buy others you need because you need to make different tactical decisions or because a different tower is needed for a special wave of enemies.

In the end, if you like TD games, give this definately a try! The AppStore has a new "best classic" TD game now.

Last edited by Vovin; 10-12-2011 at 08:49 AM.
10-12-2011, 06:43 AM
Awesome game! You need to have this if you're a fan of TD games! Imo better than Lost Earth!

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
10-12-2011, 08:27 AM
Originally Posted by LOLavi View Post
Awesome game! You need to have this if you're a fan of TD games! Imo better than Lost Earth!

That's what I wanted to say. Imho, it is better than TD:LE... especially because of the new and vital pod-on-rails element. Works great!

Last edited by Vovin; 10-12-2011 at 08:35 AM.
10-12-2011, 09:29 AM
Instant buy.
10-12-2011, 09:36 AM
Well hot diggity, that's a nice looking TD game and it's universal! SOLD! Well I guess I have to wait until 11 then I'll buy it. I'm such a sucker for TD games.
10-12-2011, 10:07 AM
Whoa that was quick Echoseven!
Thanks for the support
10-12-2011, 10:22 AM
No video?

Currently learning iMaschine and Garage Band.
10-12-2011, 10:45 AM
First thanks for choosing me for an advance promo!

The game is spectacular. So going to pose you guys some questions -

How many times in a tower defense have you barely missed getting the bad guy before he reaches your tower?
How many times did the bad guy pass a tower and you wished you could move it?
What if the bad guys had to retrace their steps and go through the firing range again?

Yeah? Well good because you are in luck! There are several areas of these maps where you can place your tower on rails! Yes rails so you can follow the bad guys along the path. What a unique aspect I feel. No more destroying and waiting to rebuild! Just drag and follow!

So the bad guy got your gem. Damn so close to death to. Well he isn't escaping that easily. He must retrace his steps going through the range and you have a chance to finish him off. Oh and that gem he got? No worries. Send a bot out to retrieve and restore it. This is the first tower defense I have played that this is the case. The route is actually a loop.

You can see from the screenshots how awesome the art is so I don't need to say how great it is. Just remind you to check it out.

Three difficulties per map and you get tons of replayability. Tons. And each is balanced properly for the casual to hardcore in us all. And if you find yourself over your head you can just restart that level in a different difficulty level.

Variety - from towers to level design to waves. All is different each level. And different worlds! Yikes I am about to enter the second and I am psyched to see the difference cuz I know there will be for sure.

Oh yeah and there are some levels where you are handed only certain weapons, I won't say towers because sometimes it isn't, and you have to solve the level with only the given equipment. A bit of a puzzle element to it.

So I guess I could go o. And on but I am thoroughly impressed because there isn't every day you don't see a DIFFERENT tower defense. But mark this day as the day a unique one appeared.

I guess I should let you know my one gripe and that would be for a game center integration. Not for scores but maybe some cool achievements to work towards.

Thanks again for the code. I would have been jumping out of my skin otherwise and it didn't disappoint. Set your reminder clocks people and get this!