App description: In the Steambirds universe, the Allies are losing the war against the Axis powers and their incredible Armada. As an elite Allied pilot, your goal is to stand your ground against endless waves of Axis aircraft. The odds are overwhelming. You're hopelessly outnumbered. The United Kingdom is almost certainly doomed, but you *might* be able to save its citizens.... if you can hold off death long enough for them to evacuate!

Steambirds: Survival features 10 unique aircraft and 80 unique missions. Each plane in SB:S has its own strengths and weakness which will require you to change your strategy if you want to succeed. You'll also need to collect powerups dropped by enemy aircraft; grabbing and using these at the right time will be the key to your survival.

Steambirds: Survival, the sequel to the hit game Steambirds (first released in 2010 and played by over 12 million people worldwide) is brought to you by its original creator, Spry Fox, and by Halfbrick, the developer of Fruit Ninja and Jetpack Joyride.

IMPORTANT NOTE FOR CURRENT CUSTOMERS: If you have previously purchased the "unlock all cities" upgrade, after you update the game, the cities may once again appear locked. This is easily rectified! Just verify in iTunes Purchase History that your purchase is there, then click the "buy" button again (you won't be charged twice.) If for some reason the purchase is *not* showing up in iTunes, just email us and we'll help you.

Echoseven's comments:

iPad Version: http://itunes.apple.com/nz/app/steambirds-survival-hd/id468595066?mt=8
10-12-2011, 05:19 AM
Wohoo! At last.

I think Espgaluda II HD is also out in NZ today, so it's lookin' like another late one tonight!

Hall of Fame:
1. Superbrothers: Sword & Sworcery EP 2. Machinarium 3. Limbo 4. World of Goo 5. Ridiculous Fishing: A Tale of Redemption 6. Home 7. Rayman Jungle Run 8. Space Miner: Space Ore Bust 9. Rage HD 10. 1-Bit Ninja

10-12-2011, 06:28 AM
This is out in the US. I just downloaded it.

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic
10-12-2011, 06:33 AM
Strange. I could swear that i have seen it already on the US/EU Store Yesterday.
10-12-2011, 06:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanuku View Post
Strange. I could swear that i have seen it already on the US/EU Store Yesterday.
iPad version has been out since Monday. This is the iPhone one.

Need proofreading, editing or writing done for your game?
Contact me via PM or email and we can talk.
10-12-2011, 06:36 AM
The aircraft look better in this one. So far looks good.

Icon is a window to game's soul...
10-12-2011, 06:47 AM
Yes, this released a few hours ago in the USA.

http://itunes.apple.com/app/steambirds-survival/id441192740?mt=8
10-12-2011, 07:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
Great thanks for the Info!
10-12-2011, 08:50 AM
After a first few playthroughs, I've two questions for Spry Fox/Halfbrick:
  1. Is there a way to purchase ad disablement without ruining the fun of working to unlock cities on my own?
  2. Will Steambirds Survival eventually have asynchronous online multiplayer (preferably through iOS 5/the new GameCenter)? It is a damn near perfect fit for some quick turn-based online fun, and it would be a massive waste not to implement it, as my guess is this could become one of the most popular asynchronous online hobbies for iOS.

Former editor in chief of teknikapan.se (due for an eventual relaunch)
Vocalist of Neverlast
Game Center/OpenFeint/Plus+/[insert arbitrary game network, online character or multiplayer account here]: Ayjona
10-12-2011, 09:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoseven View Post
The iPad version came out Monday and then, only after a few hours, was pulled.

I don't think there were actually any real issues with the initial iPad release but just that they had meant to release both versions together. Once the iPhone version went live the iPad version was "re-released" (I don't know this for sure, but it just seems the most likely to me).

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
OpenFeint, Plus+, & Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, Crystal, & iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews