★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Hand-drawn style bullet hell shooting game and full of adorable female characters and diverse levels, Mythlia is now available in the App store!

In the Magical world, the interaction between God and Human is becoming more and more frequent. A young girl is chosen to be the apostle of the wind. She receives the power to control wind. Meanwhile, the dark power is also making their movement. With the hope of eliminating the ambition of the evil force, the young girl takes her new ability and starts on her journey. Can she overcome the various challenges along the way?

Try how good you can dodge the seemingly endless waves of bullets.

Mythlia Blog: http://mythlia.blogspot.com/
Mythlia facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Mythlia/150092575078236

strivemind's comments:

Lite Version

Bullet-hell shmup with:
- Relative touch (not 1:1, but manageable)
- Health/MP
- Shot On/Off
- Magic Attack
- Barrier
- Shot reflect
- Powerups
- Doujin-style characters and bosses
- No online leaderboards (yet?)
10-12-2011, 09:32 AM
Very tempting ! Trying out the lite version now

Edit - Yep like this, great bullet hell game, nice colourful graphics, about to buy the full version. Sold !

Last edited by psj3809; 10-12-2011 at 09:38 AM.

10-12-2011, 09:39 AM
Tried the lite version. I certainly don't like the control scheme. I prefer 1:1 system though. It feels uncomfortable, at least for me. But for the rest of the game, it doesn't look bad.
10-12-2011, 09:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by whatevax View Post
Tried the lite version. I certainly don't like the control scheme. I prefer 1:1 system though. It feels uncomfortable, at least for me. But for the rest of the game, it doesn't look bad.
Sorry probably being thick, whats the 1:1 system ?

I thought the game had 'relative touch' which seems fine to me ? Looks to be a decent shooter
10-12-2011, 09:54 AM
If you look at other shmups, for example Cave's, you will get what I meant. Basically, in 1:1, the distance made by dragging your finger equals the distance which the character will move. As for this game, a slight short drag will move the character quite far. Perhaps I just haven't get used to its mechanism.
10-12-2011, 10:00 AM
Oh i see, thought you meant that. I downloaded the lite version to try that out as it has to be 'relative touch' or whatever you call it. I thought it worked quite well in this game, not that bad. Had a quick go of the first level, enjoyed it so bought the full version

Nice surprise this game appearing. Impressed its only 47 meg as well, do love the Cave shoot em ups are about 400 meg.
10-12-2011, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Nice surprise this game appearing. Impressed its only 47 meg as well, do love the Cave shoot em ups are about 400 meg.
The CAVE shmups also have much more detailed backgrounds, a lot more unit variety, and CD-quality audio (except for Espgaluda).

Social Games: Pocket Mine 2, Terra Battle, PAD
GameCenter: StriveMind
10-12-2011, 10:05 AM
Haha, yes. The overall game is not bad at all. Perhaps after I get used to it, I will consider buying this one
10-12-2011, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by strivemind View Post
The CAVE shmups also have much more detailed backgrounds, a lot more unit variety, and CD-quality audio (except for Espgaluda).
Dont get me wrong, i love the Cave games, got all of them, great great shoot em ups. Just this is a nice little alternative and not a huge filesize. I'm an app-addict ! Got 400+ on my ipod so space is getting tight !
10-12-2011, 10:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by psj3809 View Post
Dont get me wrong, i love the Cave games, got all of them, great great shoot em ups. Just this is a nice little alternative and not a huge filesize. I'm an app-addict ! Got 400+ on my ipod so space is getting tight !
WHAT!? over 400 apps. Your joking? What do you have a 64gb?

Drat!