Support our Sponsors:

Go Back   Touch Arcade > Games and Apps > iPhone and iPad Games

Old 10-18-2011, 04:50 PM
iPhone 5, iOS 6.x

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox450 View Post
Ok, eventhough you have a point, "meant to be" is not the same as "minimum required specs". Regardless, adding an option for that should be possible for A5 idevices.
The problem is that they couldn't get the game to run at a decent framerate with AA on WITH A5 devices, which is why that option isn't in the game.

When they refine the engine and what not, we probably will see visual improvements, kinda like what they did with GoF2.
Old 10-18-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by violentv View Post
lol... the game is only meant to be run on devices with A5 chips.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickdigger802 View Post
The problem is that they couldn't get the game to run at a decent framerate with AA on WITH A5 devices, which is why that option isn't in the game.

When they refine the engine and what not, we probably will see visual improvements, kinda like what they did with GoF2.
I understand, but just for the graphics buffs, who don't care trading fps for improved visuals. Despite it not being able to run at a decent framerate. I have seen that option on another game for A5/IOS5 of which i cannot remember its name, but pointless to add an option for enabling AA if turning it off does not increase fps, yet improves visuals. I'm sure the developers have a valid reason though, for not adding it in or via a menu option... I shall wait patiently for them to refine their engine and/or implement AA Thanks for answering and thumbs up for an otherwise GREAT game/sim!

Last edited by Fox450; 10-18-2011 at 05:46 PM..
Old 10-18-2011, 06:06 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

They would do themselves a favor by just implementing AA when your on board a station, that is relatively static (so fps shouldn't be an issue) and looks godawful , the rest when your in space isn't so bad because it is in motion. Oh well played some today for about 2 hours and had fun, it is a great game and the visuals are nice despite the jaggies, crawling textures and white lines. I have no problems giving this dev money for any game they put out. Plus I would never be an ass and rate this game low for the aliasing that's a hardware limitation not their fault.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:10 AM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 6.x

After watching the latest gameplay videos on YouTube and having a go with the less graphic intense / updated Lite version, I jumped the gun and purchased the HD version for my iPad 2.
Now, I noticed that the lack of FSAA was also present in the Lite version. To be honest... it didn't bother me that much.

Maybe the upgraded visuals make the lack of FSAA stand out more? Anyway, that question remains unanswered, because I didn't get time to play it yesterday or even launch it.
In about 8 hours, when my workday ends I'll be able to see (and believe) for myself. To be honest, the "complaints" on how bad the lack of FSAA is put me off a great deal wanting to purchase the game at first.

One thing is clearly evident: the visuals are MUCH better compared to the Lite demo I saw/tried when I watched the latest trailer and gameplay footage from the HD version.
It puzzles me greatly that some here dare say there is virtually no visual difference between the two versions. I am very excited to launch it up in real time for the first time in a couple of hours.
My findings regarding how bad the lack of FSAA truly is, will be reported back here. I am sure that there are more on the bandwagen having trouble making a choice whether to buy this game yes or no due to these notions.
Old 10-19-2011, 02:12 AM
iPhone 4, OS 4.x

Its kinda silly sometimes when you go to a space lounge & they ask you for a certain item thats already being sold in the hanger for way cheaper ,its like me standing right outside the store asking you for 2 bag of chips & i will pay you 10$ when i can just go inside the store myself and pay 1$. I guess it gives you a quick easy way to make money but its still very silly when i run into those missions

Last edited by Taytay; 10-19-2011 at 02:21 AM..
Old 10-19-2011, 04:39 AM
iPhone 4, iOS 5.x

As for the absence of Anti-Aliasing, our developers are already looking into this. They can't promise anything, but if there's any way of adding Anti-Aliasing and still keeping the frame rate up, there might be an update that will add this feature soon.

As for the "silly" missions mentioned by Taytay, I gotta admit that I always have a wide grin on my face whenever an unknowing alien thinks he makes the deal of his lifetime by offering me tens of thousands of credits for an item, that I can buy in the hangar for a few hundred bucks. Guess we just gotta accept the fact that not all inhabitants of the galaxy are particularly clever...
Old 10-19-2011, 08:03 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

Is the Valkyrie HD add-on going to be free for those who already own the full HD version of Galaxy On Fire 2? I just decided to buy this yesterday to play on my ipone 4s, and it looks great so far (haven't had a chance to get that far into it yet though). I figured 10 bucks was a good deal for the HD version, especially if it will have Valkyrie down the road. If not, at least I get to enjoy this version in HD. But I will keep my fingers crossed for Valkyrie.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:13 PM
iPad, OS 4.x

I wasn't quite finished reading this thread when I made the post above. Just to clarify: is Valkyrie HD potentially going to be offered free to those who purchased the original SD version of GOF2, OR free to those who had already brought the original GOF 2 Valkyrie add-on? I got a little lost at what was posted to that regard. Thanks.
Old 10-19-2011, 08:59 PM
Banned
iPad 2, iOS 5.x

Grizzly they said earlier they were going to offer it for free to those who had it already, but they were still in the process of figuring out how to do that.
Old 10-19-2011, 11:27 PM
iPad (3rd Gen), iOS 5.x

It seems that the addon in HD will be free for people who have already bought the addon in SD.