★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
  • Publisher: ttursas Ltd
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPad
  • Size: 43.6 MB
  • Version: 1.0.5
  • Price: $1.99
  • Average User Rating: 5 (6)
App description: Rotate and stack shapes, and try to achieve perfect balance in this physics puzzle game! And then make your tower collapse. Can you master all the game's 340 trials?

This HD version contains all four Perfect Balance games (Harmony, Inferno, Paradise and Lost Trials) and their 340 levels, though we've replaced some of them with better ones. We also added a new bonus mode, improved controls, remade all the graphics, and added new effects and support for OpenFeint and Game Center. The game will have nicer particle effects and smoother polygons on iPad 2.

REVIEWS FOR PERFECT BALANCE COLLECTION

theiphoneappreview.com: "Overall, Perfect Balance is a must-have for any fan of physics-based apps on the iOS, with unique game play and plenty of variety." 4.5/5.0

tapscape.com: "If you cant get enough puzzle games, the Perfect Balance Collection is absolutely worth having on your iPhone." 9/10

appcraver.com: "Anyone who missed the games and enjoys a good physics-based tower building game, the collection packs the biggest punch of all previous versions" 4/5

REVIEWS FOR PERFECT BALANCE: HARMONY

appgirlreviews.com: "Highest recommendation for the first of the Perfect Balance series." 10/10!

www.appcraver.com: "A Near Perfect Balance of Entertainment and Value." 9/10!

fingergaming.com: "Perfect Balance: Harmony is an ideal example of an iPhone puzzle game." 4/5!

theappera.com: "Perfect Balance is a perfect fit for the iPhone. Download the game for the insanely low price. Perfect Balance will keep you entertained for hours!"

www.frapstr.com: "I did enjoy the game, and I did stick with it enough to make it past the last level, so that's saying something."

iphonetech78.wordpress.com: "If you like puzzles like Topple, you will not want to miss out this game." 4.7/5.0!

www.appsmile.com: "Perfect Balance: Harmony is... well... Perfect" 5/5!

toucharcade.com: "A Pleasant Puzzle Game."

crazymikesapps.com: "I enjoyed playing this game and found it to be very mind challenging."

www.iphonegamenetwork.com: "Recommended to people who enjoy puzzle and chill out games in the vein of Zen Bound. Perfect Balance is one of those worthy of your time and money." 4/5!

www.slidetoplay.com: "You really can't go wrong with Perfect Balance: Harmony. It offers great stimulation for those brain cells and will most definitely jog your memory about those center of gravity lectures from physics class." 4/4 Must Have!

www.pocketgamer.co.uk: "Whether you choose Harmony or Inferno, though, one thing's for certain: any balance you had between work and play will be severely disrupted."

www.appletell.com: "Perfect Balance is a simple title, but it's certainly fun." 4/5!

ttursas's comments:
Oh yes, our very first iPad game is out! It's actually a compilation of our four physics puzzle stacking games for the iPhone, but with HD graphics, improved controls, new effects and a new bonus mode... The game is much more playable on the iPads because of the larger screen. Anyway, it's just 0.99USD so this should be a clear win-win situation for the iPad owners.

LITE:

http://itunes.apple.com/app/perfect-balance-hd-lite/id475349616?ls=1&mt=8

FULL:

http://itunes.apple.com/app/perfect-balance-hd/id471628386?ls=1&mt=8

10-13-2011, 08:52 AM
Awesome! I'm all over it. Thanks!

Xbox Gamertag & Game Center: CzarCastic

10-13-2011, 02:37 PM
Definitely one of the better balance apps. Screenshots look great.

Good luck with it !

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
10-13-2011, 02:48 PM
Thanks!

Thanks guys! BTW, I'm about to submit an update to the game, and after the game is updated you can pick up shapes from the playfield as well, not only from the shape box, plus the shape you are moving cannot go out-of-level-bounds and make you fail the level. Should make playing the game even more easier, and enable some solutions that are currently impossible.
10-13-2011, 04:35 PM
I've been waiting for the iPad2 version. Buying now.

"@ColeDaddy - My wallet hates you. That is all."
Drummerboycroy
10-13-2011, 08:16 PM
After testing out a few levels, I am really impressed! Looks gorgeous, and being able to go directly to bonus 1 then bonus 2 immediately after solving a puzzle is a great addition.

The ability to set your finger offset is great, and it controls beautifully for me. I can't remember, but has the rotation of the objects always had stops? I thought rotation was infinite? I can see the stops making things much more challenging, as one would have to account for a certain amount of slide on harder levels.

If you liked this series on the iPhone, this is a steal at the price, and definitely worth double dipping for.

10-14-2011, 02:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
After testing out a few levels, I am really impressed! Looks gorgeous, and being able to go directly to bonus 1 then bonus 2 immediately after solving a puzzle is a great addition.

The ability to set your finger offset is great, and it controls beautifully for me. I can't remember, but has the rotation of the objects always had stops? I thought rotation was infinite? I can see the stops making things much more challenging, as one would have to account for a certain amount of slide on harder levels.

If you liked this series on the iPhone, this is a steal at the price, and definitely worth double dipping for.
Thanks! Yes, so far the object rotation in Perfect Balance games has been in 45 degrees, but check out the settings screen of PB HD - now you can change it to 22.5 degrees and "continuous". Also after the update I submitted yesterday hits the App Store you can also pick up objects from the playfield, which will change the nature of the game a little bit, and decrease frustration. On the iPhones it would have been difficult to pick up one particular shape from the playfield without making errors, because the screens are so small, but on the iPads it's not a problem...
10-14-2011, 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttursas View Post
Thanks! Yes, so far the object rotation in Perfect Balance games has been in 45 degrees, but check out the settings screen of PB HD - now you can change it to 22.5 degrees and "continuous". Also after the update I submitted yesterday hits the App Store you can also pick up objects from the playfield, which will change the nature of the game a little bit, and decrease frustration. On the iPhones it would have been difficult to pick up one particular shape from the playfield without making errors, because the screens are so small, but on the iPads it's not a problem...
Perfect, the continuous works great!

I'll be looking forward to seeing what new things you are coming up with.

10-17-2011, 04:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
Perfect, the continuous works great!

I'll be looking forward to seeing what new things you are coming up with.
Cool! Anyway, the update just hit the App Store. I hope you people will like the fact that now you can pick up shapes also from the playfield, not only from the shape box. On the iPhones this feature is a no-go as the screens are so small and picking up the shape you want from the tight pile of blocks is quite impossible. But on the iPads it's not that difficult. I guess this makes the game now a bit less frustrating, and now you can solve some puzzles differently than before.

EDIT: Crap, I just said that in my previous post. Anyway, enjoy.
10-22-2011, 05:03 PM
Got featured!

Apple featured Perfect Balance HD on their iPad / New & Noteworthy section in the App Store. Which is nice.

Anyway, I'll submit an update to the game tomorrow. The game won't crash any more when you put it to background, and when you turn off the screen, the volume will also go to zero, and you'll also get OpenFeint achievements plus some other things as well...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iPad - New and Noteworthy 2011-10-22.png
Views:	2
Size:	219.9 KB
ID:	38403