★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: Azkend 2 by 10tonsLtd [iPad]

10-13-2011, 04:36 PM
Azkend 2 by 10tons Ltd [iPad]

Azkend 2 is an upcoming adventure action puzzle from 10tons and MythPeople. The game will be available on several platforms including PC, Mac, iOS and Android.

Quote:
TAMPERE, Finland – October 13, 2011 - 10tons has released first gameplay footage from Azkend 2. Azkend 2 is a sequel to the multiplatform hit game Azkend. The sequel introduces full screen animated background art, scripted story sequences and several new interesting game modes.

"Our goal is to create a sequel that improves the game on all fronts. We've also listened to the customer feedback from the first game. For example, the game boards now scale to fill the screen and we also have a new game mode for those who like to reach for the highscore.", commented Sampo Töyssy, the producer of Azkend 2.

The sequel will build upon the signature features that people loved in the first game: polished playability, a mysterious storyline, and breathtaking environments. Visions game mode will also return, but this time all sceneries are animated. The storyline begins when a ship is sunk by a maelstrom and the hero wakes up in a very strange place.

Azkend 2 will be available for for PC, Mac, iOS, Android, bada, webOS and Symbian^3. First versions will be released before the end of 2011.

For the latest news, follow Azkend 2 on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/azkend2. One randomly selected fan will receive an iPad 2 with Azkend 2 preinstalled. The draw will happen when the game is done and submitted for approval. All current fans at that point are eligble to win.

Visit http://www.azkend2.com for more information.
View the trailer here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XXXTcC0-Cow

About 10tons Ltd:

10tons Ltd is a Finnish multi platform game development studio founded in 2003. 10tons has released over twenty games on numerous different platforms. Their creations include games like Grim Joggers, Joining Hands, Sparkle, and Azkend. To find out more, please visit 10tons.com. You can also follow 10tons on Twitter @10tonsLtd or visit the Facebook page at http://www.facebook.com/10tons.
Screenshots:

Official Teaser Trailer:

Homepage:

Last edited by Sanuku; 10-13-2011 at 04:55 PM.
10-13-2011, 05:06 PM
I am a huge Azkend fan. When they made Azkend HD, the boards stayed the same size because "people really liked the backgrounds." So sort of smallish boards relative to the iPad screen.

I am worried that Azkend 2 is going to have smallish boards, not because of smaller tile size, but because of bigger tile size. At least that is what the screen shots are showing. I really hope that the tile size remains the same size as in Azkend HD, but the board size takes more screen real-estate. End result - lots more tiles.

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer

10-17-2011, 06:47 AM
Loved the first and love most of what they do.

Fine there is a little more screen real estate of the iPad used this time.
10-25-2011, 10:08 AM
Azkend 2 will have more variance in board sizes than Azkend 1. There will be boards with lots of tiles (within limits of playability) and boards with a bit less tiles. So, the overall average tile count in levels is higher than with Azkend 1. Also, the boards scale down and up so that they fill most of the screen.

10tons.com Facebook Latest release: Neon Chrome
10-25-2011, 01:49 PM
10tons! Make Boom Brigade HD already, Jesus guys, you take your time all right.... The best game in your portfolio - totally forgotten...
10-25-2011, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10tonsLtd View Post
Azkend 2 will have more variance in board sizes than Azkend 1. There will be boards with lots of tiles (within limits of playability) and boards with a bit less tiles. So, the overall average tile count in levels is higher than with Azkend 1. Also, the boards scale down and up so that they fill most of the screen.
Glad to hear that at least some of the boards will have increased tile counts... I'l be watching closely for this...

GameCenter ID : oldestgamer
10-27-2011, 02:41 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PraetorianX View Post
10tons! Make Boom Brigade HD already, Jesus guys, you take your time all right.... The best game in your portfolio - totally forgotten...
Working on it! So many games to do, so little time

10-27-2011, 06:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by 10tonsLtd View Post
Working on it! So many games to do, so little time
Thanks! Waiting here
10-27-2011, 08:27 PM
I can't wait. Azkend #1 is one of my favorite apps, and I don't even know why. There's just something about it that pulls me into it again and again.
10-28-2011, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pluto6 View Post
Glad to hear that at least some of the boards will have increased tile counts... I'l be watching closely for this...
I think most of the boards will be bigger, if not all. That said, we haven't done a statistical analysis on the tile count But the goal is to make them fun, playable, and cover the most of the screen