★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Retroid is a space arcade game built with lo-res voxels. Please enjoy the five levels of stylish blocky action!

Although is is an arcade game, it has the unusual feature that at any time you can pinch, zoom, rotate the 3D camera to see the action from any angle. There's a button to zoom out to orthogonal 2D view, too, if you are feeling nostalgic.

This game also supports a certain arcade cabinet peripheral that shall not be iNamed.

The levels and characters for Retroid were built with the block-construction app "Voxel."

AENIGMA's comments:

Looks interesting.
10-14-2011, 08:28 AM
I like the description-

"Be warned -- this ain't no epic 40-hour campaign. This is a one dollar game, half art project. Hopefully you will conclude after visiting these five little worlds that it was worth your buck."

10-14-2011, 09:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by weehomer View Post
I like the description-

"Be warned -- this ain't no epic 40-hour campaign. This is a one dollar game, half art project. Hopefully you will conclude after visiting these five little worlds that it was worth your buck."
Because of that message, people have no right to complain about lack of content or whatever else they can come up with.

Founder of Sgarrista Air Brigade
Devs, if you want reviews click here!
Yep, I'm a Brony
PSN: AeroFlare7221
10-14-2011, 09:35 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
I don't get it... have people been complaining about dollar games not being epic 40 hour experiences? (more than usual, anyway?)
10-14-2011, 10:15 AM
Looks pretty interesting....anyone try it yet?

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
10-14-2011, 10:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
I don't get it... have people been complaining about dollar games not being epic 40 hour experiences? (more than usual, anyway?)
Well yeah. game looks pretty solid to me

Gameloft Live: IDontKiIIPpl (idontkiippl without capital letters)

I make EDM music No I'm not some pro who's signed to some major lable.http://YouTube.com/okayyymc3
09-08-2012, 07:37 PM
I'm not quite sure what this is, but I do know it's free at the moment... and as soon as I started playing it, all I could think was, THIS IS AWESOME. And I kinda wish there was a 40hr campaign involved cause it's wicked retro minecrafty cool.
09-08-2012, 07:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
Really!
09-08-2012, 07:52 PM
Neat how the enemy ships come out of the shadows and get you!
Good to look at the radar screen a bit
Interesting leaderboard- It's kind of small print!
Oh no there's a complaint!
09-09-2012, 01:20 AM
looks interesting... could someone describe gameplay? (looks like a old-school 4-way-shooter presented in minecraft-3D)

how are controls, buttons or analog? hope i may ask, as this is only a buck... ;)