• Publisher: Miniclip.com
  • Genre: Puzzle
  • Device: iPhone
  • Size: 15.0 MB
  • Version: 1.2.1
  • Price: Free
  • Average User Rating:
    Not enough votes.
App description: Monster thugs are on the loose harassing the inhabitants of the colorful world of Monster Island. Now, it's up to you and your arsenal of mini-monster bombs to get rid of this plague of unwanted visitors. Can you stand against such mischievous foes?

Unlock five different monster bombs, each with its own abilities: Rocko, Sticky, Xplode, Blui and the fearsome Don Tonator! Toss them at enemies in reactive puzzles which will dazzle you for many hours of unparalleled fun.

Change your character in the store to get new and cool looks.

KEY FEATURES:

Choose one of 16 unique heroes
Amazing retina graphics
Game Center Leaderboards and Achievements
Game music, which automatically switches itself off at start when playing other music on your iPod/iPhone
Interactive tutorial to learn how to play

Try also the free web version of Monster Island on our website:
http://www.miniclip.com/games/monster-island/

tatuman's comments:
Hello everyone!

We are very excited to inform you that our new game "Monster Island Begins" is out and FREE in the App Store!

Youtube link | Pop Up

Let us know what you think of the game so far!
10-14-2011, 10:01 AM
Is this a Lite Version or what? What's the difference between this and Monster Island..?

Openfeint: littlezoe2
GameCenter: LittleZoeee
Currently Playing: Ghost Trick

10-14-2011, 10:22 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by littlezoe View Post
Is this a Lite Version or what? What's the difference between this and Monster Island..?
It's free. Why don't you try it and find out?
10-14-2011, 10:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKR View Post
It's free. Why don't you try it and find out?
Because i already have Monster Island and i don't care that much about it to download this version just to find out, while i can do find out if they just tell me.

But thanks for the non-contributing comment

10-14-2011, 10:51 AM
littlezoe 1 - 0 LKR

FL!ppY on TA
OF, Crystal : FL!ppY
Plus+ : FLippY38
GC : FL!ppY38
10-14-2011, 10:56 AM
Knock off the wise remarks everyone else - it is a valid question.

@littlezoe - I am guessing (and I too have the full version so won't be taking the time to confirm this) that this is much like they did with Fragger. There are multiple versions of Fragger on the app store but each one is only one world long. If people can deal with downloading multiple apps to play then I think they broke it down into a full paid version and two free versions.

So if this is the same model, then this is probably only the first world. Don't waste your download time.
10-14-2011, 11:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post

@littlezoe - I am guessing (and I too have the full version so won't be taking the time to confirm this) that this is much like they did with Fragger. There are multiple versions of Fragger on the app store but each one is only one world long. If people can deal with downloading multiple apps to play then I think they broke it down into a full paid version and two free versions.

So if this is the same model, then this is probably only the first world. Don't waste your download time.
i'm not sure I follow,

so if you want the full 'all worlds' game, you get the paid version, or else you download multiple apps?

Playing: Ski Safari, Polara, Girls Like Robots, Dynamite Jack, Monster Flip, Polymer, Super Mole Escape, Dream of Pixels, Radballs
10-14-2011, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by New England Gamer View Post

Well i didn't play Fragger yet.. But thanks, this can be true as i don't see a reason why would they release the full game again for free... There must be some limitations..

10-14-2011, 11:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Filing Cabinet View Post
i'm not sure I follow,

so if you want the full 'all worlds' game, you get the paid version, or else you download multiple apps?
Ok in Fragger they had one full paid version which had all the worlds. They had two free versions which had one world each. I don't think you could get ALL the Fragger worlds for free so you missed some levels by not getting the full app. But with multiple downloads you could get MUCH of Fragger for free.

SO, my theory is that is is the first world only and if you want the all the levels you need to get the full.
08-12-2013, 01:08 PM
Just received an update, but for me GC is still broken (MI Begins HD version).

Quote:
Thank you for making Monster Island HD a success all around the world -- your continued support will help us bring you new content often. And here it is, another Monster Island HD update, featuring:
  • iOS 6 support
  • iPhone 5 resolution support
  • Minor bug fixes

Thanks for your support of Monster Island HD!

The Miniclip Team