★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Mine, build, and upgrade your way to freedom!

You've been kidnapped by the evil Mars Corp. and forced to mine for pieces of an ancient artifact buried deep below the surface of Mars.

Finding all of the pieces of the artifact is your ticket back to Earth.

You will find many valuable gems and ores along the way that can be sold at the shop to buy more supplies and better equipment to allow you to mine deeper.

Make sure you have enough supplies to get back out of the mine!

Every mine is randomly generated. No game is ever the same!

Reviews:
88/100 - App of the day! - touchvolume.com

Note: This is the 'lite' version of the game. The full game can be unlocked via an in-app purchase. This model was chosen so that save data would be retained between the lite and full versions.

Feel free to e-mail suggestions/comments to support@tunabowlsoftware.com

Gabrien's comments:
This is definitely worth a go if you enjoyed I Dig It. Only thing I'd like to see is the character moving as long as you hold your finger down instead of needing to tap to make him move a square at a time.

10-29-2011, 12:41 AM
Game updated

Mars Miner was updated to allow 'tap and hold' controls you described! Also has a auto-mine toggle so that you can't accidentally mine. Also supports Retina Displays now!

10-29-2011, 01:58 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zmeinaz View Post
Mars Miner was updated to allow 'tap and hold' controls you described! Also has a auto-mine toggle so that you can't accidentally mine. Also supports Retina Displays now!
Sounds like good changes, I look forward to trying them out. Again, this game is well worth a look.
10-30-2011, 05:23 AM
Thanks for pointing this out, Gabrien. I was just thinking today that I'd enjoy playing another game like I Dig It.

The IAP worries me a little. Once you purchase the full game, can you enjoy it without purchasing additional credits?

Cheers.
10-30-2011, 06:16 AM
Requires iOS 5.0? Are you trying to limit your sales on purpose?

Now playing: Squids, Shantae, Mage Gauntlet, Roboto, Emberwind, Cordy, Whale Trail, Aquaria, Super Crossfire, Extraction, Crazy Hedgy, Terra Noctis, Pocket RPG, Glowfish, Steambirds, Edge Ex, SANDWICHES!!, Goat Up, Bean's Quest, Last Rocket, Blobster, Run Jump Kill, Don't Run WAPS, Jap Werewolf, Space Tripper, Sonic CD, Sleepy Jack.
10-30-2011, 06:24 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgina View Post
Thanks for pointing this out, Gabrien. I was just thinking today that I'd enjoy playing another game like I Dig It.

The IAP worries me a little. Once you purchase the full game, can you enjoy it without purchasing additional credits?

Cheers.
I've actually no idea. Still playing the free game only. I don't ever view IAP currency in games as a good idea though.
10-30-2011, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabrien View Post
I've actually no idea. Still playing the free game only. I don't ever view IAP currency in games as a good idea though.
I ended up buying it, because I was enjoying the free game, and played for a few hours last night.

I'm now at the point where I feel the game is unbalanced. Even though I've upgraded my air tank, I spend half my air just going up and down, but there's no way to afford elevators when I'm still mostly getting iron and copper. I either have to grind in the upper levels for hours more, or use IAP for consumables, which is something I'm opposed to doing.

I'm not going to say the game is poorly balanced because of the IAP, but it's unfortunately the easiest assumption to make when a game is both unbalanced and offers it.

It's a shame, because I was otherwise enjoying myself. The fact there's no jumping up or jet packs requires a lot more careful planning than most of these games do.

Cheers.
10-30-2011, 06:10 PM
Just opened the game up and found an even bigger problem: my saved game is gone. ):
12-01-2013, 08:36 PM
How did this game stay hidden from me for so long... hidden gem!