★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.
App description: Forget duck hunt, you're the best dogsitter in town and it's up to you to protect your innocent pups by blasting down the mischievousbirds trying to steal them!

This shooter brings you to different locales, each with its own litter of pups that you must guard. Be careful though, every unlocked stage comes with new and craftier birds that get better at dodging you!

Become the ultimate dogsitter by skillfully blasting down any birds that dare steal your beloved pups in this addictive thriller!

Features:
- Easy to learn, one-touch gameplay
- Beautiful custom art and animation
- Unlockable stages, birds and puppies
- Original sound track

Bird Blaster is better than ever with this new update! (v1.1)

- Challenge your friends online in the all-new arcade mode with Game Center support
- Use weapons including the shotgun, machine gun, and the ultimate machine-shotgun!
- Too many birds getting you down? Not a problem with the new bomb weapon!
- New power-ups to help boost your score
- New comic strip added to the story mode

mhopson's comments:

Youtube link | Pop Up

If anyone wants to try it out, we have a couple of promo codes for ya. Just PM me for the codes. Thanks guys. Looking forward to some feedback!
10-15-2011, 04:18 PM
Couple of more promo codes left. Respond to the thread and I'll PM one over.

10-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Send a message via MSN to BigMFBoss
Best Icon for a game ever

Game Center The UnderCat
Open Feint The UnderCat
10-16-2011, 09:47 AM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
I've only played a couple minutes of this one... but so far, it seems kind of interesting. I'm glad you didn't implement the whole 'drag back and let go to shoot' mechanic that a lot of games have. It's pretty challenging, even in the early stages of the game (or maybe I just suck), and the bonus rounds are crazy. =oP

Are there any power-ups, or ways to get more ammo once you run out, or is it just pretty much, that's all the ammo you've got, get as far as you can with it?
10-16-2011, 04:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
I've only played a couple minutes of this one... but so far, it seems kind of interesting. I'm glad you didn't implement the whole 'drag back and let go to shoot' mechanic that a lot of games have. It's pretty challenging, even in the early stages of the game (or maybe I just suck), and the bonus rounds are crazy. =oP

Are there any power-ups, or ways to get more ammo once you run out, or is it just pretty much, that's all the ammo you've got, get as far as you can with it?
Thanks for the feedback! We always appreciate it when people take the time to give us their thoughts.

Part of the reason why the game is so challenging is because we originally designed it to be an arcade style game with just 1 "level". We tested this with users but the feedback we got suggested that people wanted more backgrounds (levels). As a result, we began thinking of replay value in terms of levels, instead of high score (which is typical for arcade games). What we ended up with was something in the middle - and we thought by making the levels more challenging, we could make the game last longer. But I also understand that there's a fine line between challenging and frustrating too .

I hope that made sense.

Last edited by mhopson; 10-16-2011 at 04:59 PM.
10-16-2011, 04:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigMFBoss View Post
Best Icon for a game ever
Thanks, mate! I'll pass on your compliments to our artist.
10-16-2011, 05:01 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhopson View Post
Thanks for the feedback! We always appreciate it when people take the time to give us their thoughts.

Part of the reason why the game is so challenging is because we originally designed it to be an arcade style game with just 1 "level". We tested this with users but the feedback we got suggested that people wanted more backgrounds (levels). As a result, we began thinking of replay value in terms of levels, instead of high score (which is typical for arcade games). What we ended up with was something in the middle - and we thought by making the levels more challenging, we could make the game last longer. But I also understand that there's a fine line between challenging and frustrating too .

I hope that made sense.

so that would be a "no" - no way to get more ammo in-game? =oP
10-16-2011, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by syntheticvoid View Post
so that would be a "no" - no way to get more ammo in-game? =oP
Whoops, completely missed your question.

You're correct, the answer is nope (atleast for now) .