★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPad: FREE GAME IKARO RACING HD /NuOxygen

10-15-2011, 01:36 PM
Send a message via Skype™ to oxyman1974
FREE GAME IKARO RACING HD /NuOxygen

IKARO RACING HD IS AVAILABLE FOR iPhone &iPad on the App Store
It's free to download. Have fun. The NuOxygen Team

NuOxygen Game Publishing
Innovation & Quality Games
NuOxygen
Games
10-16-2011, 05:31 AM
Very impressive, and for free too!
The game runs a tad slow on my iPhone4 with iOS5, but its certainly playable

10-16-2011, 02:24 PM
I am very impressed with this game. Usually I give up quite quickly on games like these, but I managed to get 1st place after a short while and that gave me the motivation to carry on as I am getting better and better at it.

It seems my poor iPhone 4 is struggeling with this beast. There are some more fancy options (like FSAA) under the graphics options, which weren't even on!
Oh man... I've got to download this on my iPad 2 and turn on all bells and whistles to see this baby in all it's glory!

Another thing I am impressed with: this game is FREE!?
Anyone who is still in doubt... seriously. Download and give it a go. A serious one.
It has been a long time since I've had so much fun with an aerial racer. The feeling of gliding through 3D space must be so immersive on the iPad 2's much bigger screen.

Got one question mister awesome developers: is this game TRULY going to support full screen on the TV? Like Real Racing 2 HD and such? This title is ideal to play full screen on the big screen!

iPhone 4 -> Galaxy S4 -> OnePlus One -> iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Space Gray... it's good to be back!
Primary gaming device: iPad Air 2 64GB Space Gray
Equine with vulpine tendencies.
10-16-2011, 06:05 PM
Actually, the game is three dollars. As soon as you unlock the third track and second plane, it will ask you to do an in-app purchase to unlock the full game.
The iPad 2 is not able to tame this beast with all graphical settings enabled.
If you turn off FSAA, it's playable. But it still suffers from juttering and framedrops.
A shame really. The game itself is quite good and the only thing stopping it from a must buy is a smooth framerate.

After playing the so-so smooth experience on my iPad 2 (without FSAA) I can safely say to iPhone 4 users: beware. The low FPS kills the sense of speed and also playability.
If you happen to have an iPhone 4 and an iPad 2 just like me, then you'll notice what I mean.

iPhone 4 -> Galaxy S4 -> OnePlus One -> iPhone 6 Plus 128GB Space Gray... it's good to be back!
10-17-2011, 05:41 AM
Frame Rate & Other

Yes you are correct it's a beast of a game. And trust me when I tell you that better than this on iphone4 or iPad1 it's hard to do.
But we are working on it.
Keep water reflection off and it will run good. iPad2 is the best choice.
You can unlock the game with 3$ that's not a lot for a game that took many resources and development time, and the game is still playable in quick mode.
The reason we call it "Free" is : "try it" , if you like it and play it, you will not waste your money and feel good about the game, when you buy it.
The reason why you find out,only playing, that you have to unlock the game ? Engagement.
We managed to collaborate with toucharcade's testing team and we got a huge help and feedback.
As you can see this game is well graphically designed and implemented.
We think It's something different from the aircraft 3d games that came out before. Even the gameplay is different and it's also the merit of players that belong to this forum, that helped us with their feedback.
Thanks

NuOxygen Game Publishing
NuOxygen
Games
10-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyman1974 View Post
The reason why you find out,only playing, that you have to unlock the game ? Engagement.
That's a great answer and reason for what has turned out to be an unpopular game feature (IAPs).

Currently Playing: (iPad2) Angry Birds Space HD | MASS EFFECT™ INFILTRATOR | Hunters 2 | Sky Gamblers: Air Supremacy | Flight Control Rocket | Azkend 2 HD: The World Beneath | rComplex | Zuma's Revenge HD | Rhianna Ford & The DaVinci Letter HD | Zepi:Spring HD | Reiner Knizia's Deck Buster | (iPhone) Doodle God™
10-18-2011, 01:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxyman1974 View Post
You can unlock the game with 3$ that's not a lot for a game that took many resources and development time, and the game is still playable in quick mode.
I don't mind paying 3 dollars for a quality game like this. Like I said: it needs more FPS to reach it's full potential, otherwise it's a waste of 3 dollars (for me) at the moment.
However, I will accept the compromise by turning off water reflection *if* that truly gives far more FPS on my iPad 2. I will be willing to go overboard and buy the game and faithfully hope and wait for future performance updates.
Turning of FSAA helps a little bit too, but that is a feature I find hard to sacrifice, as that really improves the graphics quite a bit.
Great game, and keep up the good work. I'll let you know if the iPad 2 benefits from a framerate boost if you turn off water reflections.

10-18-2011, 02:02 AM
Believe me Fe1. There is nothing wrong with IAPs. What's the matter ? It's just a way you can buy assets . If you don't want to spend 3 bucks to unlock a full game just play the game as it is. You are right when you say that IAPs is the model we find most often in new games on the store. I would like too that there was a "good old" paid game . Less deals.
But the low prices policy has doped the market and paid is loosing against free.
A big problem of indie developers (like I am too) is that they do not consider that there are two boxes : one is called "the game" the other one is called "bring the game to the market".

NuOxygen is working for making Ikaro Racing HD even better.

NuOxygen Game Publishing
NuOxygen
Games
10-18-2011, 02:20 AM
killer!
10-18-2011, 03:31 AM
Just more screenshots of the game

More Graphic Assets
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version