★ TouchArcade needs your help. Click here to support us on Patreon.

iPhone: Blowup!!

10-15-2011, 03:05 PM
Blowup!!

Just come across this. Great little game. Another colour matching game but kinda cool robot transforming twist to the blocks. Great pixel art and chip tunes!

Designer//Illustrator//Gamer
www.treasurestudio.co.uk
10-15-2011, 03:17 PM
Not sure if you are the dev, but anyways, here is the App Info:

Gamecenter: MicroByte
Jetpack Joyride: all 125 medals :: Golden Tophat winner :: Special Half-Brick Prize
Playing: Sonic Racing Transformed | Giant Boulder of Death | Dead Trigger 2 | Jetpack Joyride

10-15-2011, 03:32 PM
Cheers MicroByte, no not the Dev, viewing site on phone at the mo and didn't get chance to post the info

www.treasurestudio.co.uk
10-15-2011, 04:45 PM
Send a message via MSN to syntheticvoid
looks pretty interesting... gonna have to give this one a go soon... =oD
10-15-2011, 05:46 PM
it's neat. sounds and graphics are nicely done. simple game play, single game mode. worth a look if you like bejeweled type of games.
10-16-2011, 09:39 AM
Game Impressions

Could be fun but crashes on my iPod Touch 4G (iOS 5.0) once I start a new game and choose the music track (basically as it is loading the first level) I crash to Palmtop.

Likely another one of those iPod Touch 4G RAM issues.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews
10-16-2011, 12:29 PM
Played more of this now and really liking it. Some great sound effects going on when your robots change up... very Transformers. Quite a bit of depth to it in terms of trying to get as many the same colour as possible.

Gets the thumbs up from me!

www.treasurestudio.co.uk
10-20-2011, 10:14 PM
This game is fantastic and needs some TA love!

Great Graphics and music - love the use of the elements as combo sizes Has achievements too - I'm not the dev - but this is an undiscovered gem!!
10-21-2011, 01:09 PM
Game Impressions

This game is deserving of some love....saw it last night on the app store and bought it on a whim, its super addictive. I dont even know what it is that makes it so addictive either....i think it has a lot to do with the infectious music and the making robots aspect of it.

From a gameplay perspective its a match 8 puzzler, 8 or more blocks of the same color makes a robot, more blocks onto that robot of the same color makes that robot larger, and your score for clearing the robot larger. You're keeping the level going with score and working towards a percentage goal for completing the music.
Graphics are retro looking and they do it right, the game is very minimalist in all aspects, but its an interesting puzzler and worth a dollar to me at least.

Edit: Another poster said that they've had issues with crashing, I havent had this yet, and I'm playing on a 3gs with iOS 5
10-22-2011, 03:07 PM
Even with this latest update it is still crashing once I choose the music track (stage) on my iPod Touch 4G (iOS 5.0 non-jailbroken) after seeing the loading animation.

Tim "Lord Gek" Jordan, Game Consultant
Twitter: LordGek
GameCenter, iTunes: Lord Gek
My iTunes Reviews